PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts

Sytek
03-24-2013, 11:47 PM
I only bothered to play for maybe 24 hours in beta 3 so im sure I missed things, I tried to see as much as possible in the time I played.

(Inventory space)
Im not sure if it was just me or what but I couldnt find a way to tell how many spaces I had left in my Inv which i found annoying. I had to keep opening my Inv and deleting things while in combat which isnt fun or cool. I also didnt really care for how many items i could hold or the fact that shields, Frags and mods took up space that guns could be filling maybe give us a little more space? I also know that you can buy space and the EGO codes and a preodering will give a slight boost so maybe that will suffice. As for a fix on the not knowing how much space we have maybe redesign the item list and have a backpack slot style inventory or possibly at the very least give us an indicator saying something like 5/20 slots used or some such. Like I said though maybe it WAS there and I just missed it.

(Ammo count)
Is it possible to give us an idicator of each ammo type on the HUD somewhere?

(Bank)
Does one exist? if not will you add one? it would allow you to sell bank slots on the Cashshop aswell

(Weapon Mods)
I tried to figure this one out but after 10 minutes of trying i gave up and decided to figure it out at launch. If possible in the tutorial you could add one more part maybe after you get your primary weapon to have the player get a mod and use it to show how it works.

(BMG)
I like it but seems kinda OP

(Graphics)
PC's are awesome can we have more options ?

(Vehicle Handling)
Turning seems to be pretty stiff other then that no complaints

(Logging out)
for the love of god make it easier to find i gave up Alt-F4 FTW!

Thats all i can really think of its a good game for what it is and its really fun definitely pre-ordered:cool:

0_d4RK_FaLLen
03-24-2013, 11:58 PM
Inventory space shows in character screen at bottom it will say like 9/12 or 14/20
Ammo count shows on main hud for selected weapon or you can look at stats page to see all weapon ammo
Bank- Not sure
Weapon Mods- First you need a weapon that has a mod slot, then you need a mod. You use the salvage matrix first select weapon you want to mod, once selected it will show no options, add mod slot, attach mod, breakdown.... Adding a slot takes 10 minutes and adds a random slot.
BMG's- OK
Graphics- It's on consoles as well so it is limited, but pc's will have better anyways
Vehicle Handling- You get used to how each vehicle handles
Logging out is in settings....

Iceflier
03-25-2013, 12:04 AM
(Inventory space)
There was one in the 360 version, as I saw many times [12/20] taken. It was at the bottom of the char load-out screen.

(Ammo count)
It was, 360 was in the bottom right corner.

(Bank)
No, one is not existent in beta, possibly in final, as thought it will be region locked. Curses Microsoft.

(Weapon Mods)
Both weapons in-fact are primary. At you need an uncommon(Blue, commonly has 4 mod slots) or common(green, though rare for mod slots) to be able to ad mods, then it is in the mod/salvage matrix.

(BMG)
the BMG's are suppose to be OP for the healing part, as there are two dungeons in the beta, but the attack is a little underpowered.

(Graphics)
In 360, no choice, therefore no responce.

(Vehicle Handling)
The vehicles had some interesting physics in the beta. I saw first of all, one was that you could scale the side of a mountain with a ATV. Then the handling was a bit rough, but nothing some few lines of codes couldn't fix.

(Logging out)
In 360 hit start and hold LT it'll bring up a circle menu, SSW(South southwest) slot was the settings, first one was logout.

Final Thoughts: The game could use a better chat system, The VoIP I didn't use at all because my friends were all bugging me to tell them about the game. As I don't know the NDA status, I only told them one thing. It's worth the 60 bucks.

goldtupac
03-25-2013, 01:47 AM
Someone here on the forums was nice enough to provide a indepth overview of how to mod weapons. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4Jm_0CsQto4

I forgot the OP's name, will edit when I find it.

Edit: the user is Komakala and you can find the original thread here, http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?9522-Weapon-Mod-Tutorial

Maunzul
03-25-2013, 02:00 AM
(Inventory space)
Final Thoughts: The game could use a better chat system, The VoIP I didn't use at all because my friends were all bugging me to tell them about the game. As I don't know the NDA status, I only told them one thing. It's worth the 60 bucks.

NDA has been lifted as of March 22nd for the Beta Servers. Alpha servers are still under NDA.