PDA

View Full Version : Why am I having to install and patch the game a second time to let my girlfriend play

Christm77
06-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Basicly I have my game patched and installed on my console and it runs no problem.

My girlfriend wants to try the game out so I said she can test it on mine as its already installed and patched, problem is soon as she loads it up on her gamertag it makes us install and then patch the game a second time.

Why is this? Not only is it a waste of another 6-7gb memory, its a complete waste of time.

ncanning
06-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Dude, girls always have to do the things we've already done, again... Just ask her, she'll tell you. We can't do anything right.

You people sooo quick to blame Trion....

Christm77
06-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Dude, girls always have to do the things we've already done, again... Just ask her, she'll tell you. We can't do anything right.

You people sooo quick to blame Trion....

How is that a constructive or helpful answer?

Please don't waste my time.

Kroesis
06-20-2013, 02:53 PM
You're wasting your own time asking here. Why don't you check out the info in your own signature!

mbergeron
06-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Why don't you let her make a new character on your profile?

Christm77
06-20-2013, 02:56 PM
You're wasting your own time asking here. Why don't you check out the info in your own signature!

Because there are over 250 people in the que with over a 3 hour waiting time and some of us don't have that kind of time to waste.
Why don't you quit posting unless you actually have something to contribute worth reading!

Why don't you let her make a new character on your profile?

I would have but she asked if she could use her own gamertag as she thinks she's going to like the game and doesn't want to lose any progress she may make.

lordchun
06-20-2013, 03:00 PM
All I can think is its account tied on their server.

Nerotic
06-20-2013, 03:24 PM
As negative as this going to sound.
Trion obliviously needs better programmers or better management of thier programmers... or both.
This game reeks of rushed code.

Muffins
06-20-2013, 03:27 PM
As negative as this going to sound.
Trion obliviously needs better programmers or better management of thier programmers... or both.
This game reeks of rushed code.

Must be a pretty slick job sitting back juggling 3 platforms (two being consoles with their own architexture) and a link in with the TV show.
I'm sure a puppy, a kitten and a baby could do better. Right? Right?

TIER ONE
06-20-2013, 03:34 PM
As stated above, all of your saved data & Account info is saved on their server. That’s why you don’t have to save the game when you turn it off (just log out). When you have a new user, a whole new file/data has to be created.

Indra Echo
06-20-2013, 03:37 PM
All I can think is its account tied on their server.

It seems likely that it's something like this. The patches are resident on your machine, but some part of them is tied to the server-and some content is integrated within the patches like missions and all that and is tied to each gamertag and the character data.

Nerotic
06-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Must be a pretty slick job sitting back juggling 3 platforms (two being consoles with their own architexture) and a link in with the TV show.
I'm sure a puppy, a kitten and a baby could do better. Right? Right?

Not saying they got an easy job.
They took a big ambitious bite but don't seem like they have enough time to chew before they swallow.

JxSiN
06-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Like previously stated, it is because of the separate accounts. The account is what is linked to their servers, not your game. All the new account info has to be saved, but any downloads that match (like certain info) is pretty much just overwritten. You will have to use more of your hard drive, but not necessarily double.

And before people go off saying that Trion should have done it differently, go check any game where it saves to the company's servers. DCUO is a great example, as you basically have to re-download every patch and item (but what you will notice is that it is faster the second time around.... cuz you already have some of the info it is trying to download).