PDA

View Full Version : Gambit is recruiting (International, PC)

Yooji
01-15-2013, 03:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/a6C3T.png

http://i.imgur.com/sa86utw.png

Gambit was founded on January 15th 2013 by Yooji. The goal of the team was not to become famous or world-renowned – it was to form a team that acts as a big family, a guild that is populated with like-minded people that share the same joy for games.

We plan to actively engage in the Defiance story and want to leave a mark in the game and possibly in the show! We will always limit our spots since we don’t want to turn into a zerg guild. We are looking for players that excel in quality.

Gambit is a casual and social guild focused on community, friendship and enjoyment of Defiance. We want our members to get the most fun from Defiance without the pressure of millions of rules and the game feeling like it is based on chores.

Every single member of Gambit makes a difference – we work as a team – no one will be left out, no one will be left behind!

http://i.imgur.com/dujU9Rz.png

Forum: http://www.gambit-guild.com/forum

http://i.imgur.com/bhxO68i.png

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/we.are.gambit

http://i.imgur.com/JuHyozd.png

Teamspeak: use1.phostyx.de:1206 Password: gambit

Grim
01-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Hey Yooji good luck with recruitment and hope to see you guys in-game.

Yooji
01-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Hey Yooji good luck with recruitment and hope to see you guys in-game.

Thanks Grim! :> hope to see you ingame too ^^

Arkathos
01-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Best of luck with recruitment Yooji! Only 3 more months and hopefully we'll all be in game. :)

Yooji
01-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Best of luck with recruitment Yooji! Only 3 more months and hopefully we'll all be in game. :)

thank you Arkathos ^^ I sure hope so too :> but then again they didn't disappoint at the release of RIFT so I have really high expectations from TRION ^0^

Hawkes
01-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Hello, Yooji!

Although I've been lurking on the forums for a while now, I felt your recruitment post was just the motivation I needed to come out from the shadows and finally make a post. lol We seem to be on the same page as to what we look for in a player community, that's for sure. And I'm happy to see that you've taken the matter into your own hands, because I know I wouldn't have. :P I've done the guild leader thing before, and there are far more qualified people out there better suited for leadership than me. lol

Anyway, I'm definitely interested in joining Gambit. If there's anything you need me to do, or if you have any questions for me, feel free to send me a PM.

PS - The site's looking great so far, btw. I look forward to seeing the finished product!

Yooji
01-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Hello, Yooji!

Although I've been lurking on the forums for a while now, I felt your recruitment post was just the motivation I needed to come out from the shadows and finally make a post. lol We seem to be on the same page as to what we look for in a player community, that's for sure. And I'm happy to see that you've taken the matter into your own hands, because I know I wouldn't have. :P I've done the guild leader thing before, and there are far more qualified people out there better suited for leadership than me. lol

Anyway, I'm definitely interested in joining Gambit. If there's anything you need me to do, or if you have any questions for me, feel free to send me a PM.

PS - The site's looking great so far, btw. I look forward to seeing the finished product!

Weee the first applicant :> for now we're just forming the group. the forum should be up by tomorrow, still trying to recover my password for the forum software D: lol

Hawkes
01-15-2013, 06:20 PM
No problem! I'll be paying attention to this thread's (and the Gambit website's) progress. Just let me know if you need anything from me, in regards to a formal application for example, or anything else.

Angel
01-15-2013, 09:12 PM
I like the sound of this guild!

I don't pretend to have the greatest skill at shooter games, first person or otherwise, and would prefer a more personal, family-like guild to be a part of, as opposed to one that is overly hardcore and elitist (which this game will have heaps of, I'm sure). For me, it's the relationships that I make with people in an MMO that make the game fun.

So sign me up! :)

Yooji
01-16-2013, 07:18 AM
I like the sound of this guild!

I don't pretend to have the greatest skill at shooter games, first person or otherwise, and would prefer a more personal, family-like guild to be a part of, as opposed to one that is overly hardcore and elitist (which this game will have heaps of, I'm sure). For me, it's the relationships that I make with people in an MMO that make the game fun.

So sign me up! :)

Hey Angel! It's great to see that there are more people that think like that! ^^ I will add you in a bit!

Yooji
01-16-2013, 03:35 PM
the chat is now live and can be accessed by everyone who registers!

the forum is currently uploading in the background as well ^0^

I am also looking for two co-founders to lead with me, any willing to take the job? :D

ecaflip
01-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Hey Yooji, I posted an application on your sites official forums. I hope you like it.

Yooji
01-17-2013, 05:12 AM
Hey Yooji, I posted an application on your sites official forums. I hope you like it.

got it :) I will add you to the roster right away! welcome to gambit! ^^

Drav
01-17-2013, 09:23 AM
I love the sounds of what you have intended for the guild , I also prefer quality and smaller numbers etc. Im not the best and tbh Im very low key and easy going and have been in several other games and guilds before and have extensive time in EvE Online which I have been playing since June of 03 :), hope to see yous all ingame and guild soonish :), Peace Drav

Yooji
01-17-2013, 01:38 PM
I love the sounds of what you have intended for the guild , I also prefer quality and smaller numbers etc. Im not the best and tbh Im very low key and easy going and have been in several other games and guilds before and have extensive time in EvE Online which I have been playing since June of 03 :), hope to see yous all ingame and guild soonish :), Peace Drav

easy going is exactly what we are looking for! :) welcome aboard Drav! ^^

Sneakybuffalo
01-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Hey Yooji, I'm interested in Gambit. Looking for a tight-knit guild that can joke around with eachother and give eachother a hard time without people getting their panties in a twist. Low key, LOW drama, but very active yah know.

I would also be interested in co-founding. I was debating starting my own but since you already did all the work, I'll jump in :)

Not sure what you consider small though and whether you plan to limit recruitment to stay small but we can talk about all that. I prefer guilds with around 40 active members, which usually ends up meaning around 60-80 total members. I think this would be an especially nice target for an International guild such as this so that there is still maybe 20 on at any one time due to time zone differences making the guild feel smaller than it really is. Just my thoughts.

Assuming I actually get an invite email one day, anyone that wants to play together this weekend can join me on my Raidcall (it's like free vent and is much better than Mumble). Search for group/channel whatever it's called: Sneakybuffalo

p.s. that Sun-tzu quote on the homepage has the Be a Man song from Mulan stuck in my head

p.p.s. Im based in U.S. CST

TL;DR- BETA WEEKEND- Raidcall: Sneakybuffalo

Yooji
01-17-2013, 04:04 PM
it's awesome that everything is coming together ^^ now we kinda need to know whether they're going to split up the servers into regions or if there is one global server.

Sneakybuffalo
01-17-2013, 04:15 PM
it's awesome that everything is coming together ^^ now we kinda need to know whether they're going to split up the servers into regions or if there is one global server.

Good point. I didn't think of that.

Do Xbox or PS3 discriminate by region? If not, I doubt PC will, if so then PC prob will.

ileleana
01-17-2013, 04:22 PM
I like the idea of this guild also I love small guilds who try to work together as a family. gaming is fun, but without people there to run with you and enjoy the game and laugh, joke, and play, gaming gets boring. Please add me to your guild as it sounds just like the place i'd like to belong. :)

I'm willing to help out with co-founding if there is an opening still available :)

Yooji
01-17-2013, 04:32 PM
I will add both of you for now :) hopefully they're not going to separate the servers by region

edit: make sure you guys register in the forum! ^^

ileleana
01-17-2013, 04:34 PM
yeah I hope so i'm in the closed beta but the event this weekend will be the first i've been able to play as the first event they had last friday I was unable to make

ileleana
01-17-2013, 04:42 PM
i'm in the US by the way if you wanted to show that on the site :)

ileleana
01-17-2013, 04:43 PM
already did lol :)

ileleana
01-17-2013, 04:45 PM
edit: make sure you guys register in the forum! ^^

just did :)

Yooji
01-17-2013, 04:49 PM
I have added the countries now too :)

This is going to be awesome ^^ hopefully we can do an impact on the show somehow! I love the idea that the community can shape the show's storyline :D

ileleana
01-17-2013, 04:56 PM
yeah the idea has me unbearably excited and i can't wait. Nothing like this has been tried before so to quote the game makers "this will be the Holy Grail of Gaming" I can't wait to play!

Sneakybuffalo
01-17-2013, 08:32 PM
If all else fails Yooji, you can run the EU branch and someone else can run the U.S. branch

ChimeraJones
01-17-2013, 11:26 PM
Posted a app :3 Hope you like reading.

Yooji
01-18-2013, 05:27 AM
Posted a app :3 Hope you like reading.

I did have a good read :) Welcome aboard!

@SneakyBuffalo: That could render the management of the guild very difficult, unless the communication between all of us is next to perfect. Hopefully we all get to play on the same server (lagless xD), otherwise I'm considering settling on NA anyway.

We will look into though if the interest is there to run Gambit on EU alongside with NA

Sneakybuffalo
01-19-2013, 12:31 AM
I did have a good read :) Welcome aboard!

@SneakyBuffalo: That could render the management of the guild very difficult, unless the communication between all of us is next to perfect. Hopefully we all get to play on the same server (lagless xD), otherwise I'm considering settling on NA anyway.

We will look into though if the interest is there to run Gambit on EU alongside with NA

True, but thats a worst case scenario

ileleana
01-19-2013, 10:19 AM
yeah I know that it has me set in NA but we will see at the moment we are having enough problems in game just getting to the same instance as some else you know to group up with them

Yooji
01-19-2013, 08:03 PM
yeah I know that it has me set in NA but we will see at the moment we are having enough problems in game just getting to the same instance as some else you know to group up with them

it would be good if they could clarify issues like this.

it makes managing a guild and planning future projects kinda hard :(

Sneakybuffalo
01-22-2013, 01:54 PM
*completely relevant and constructive comment*

Yooji
01-22-2013, 03:50 PM
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/303/f/a/You_want_to_pray_game__by_Anomnomnomynous.jpg

Rayn
01-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Hey, I'm interested in joining. I'm currently not available to do more than type this out but I want to see where this goes.

I'm interested in WPvP and PvE, I like smaller group environments.

Yooji
01-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Hey, I'm interested in joining. I'm currently not available to do more than type this out but I want to see where this goes.

I'm interested in WPvP and PvE, I like smaller group environments.

no need to rush :) only one of us made it into the alpha I believe, the rest of us are waiting for the next beta weekend to start

head over to the forum and drop us a note there ^^

Gypsy
01-25-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm interested in joining up, I haven't gotten my hands on trying it out yet like most people. I don't know if I'll like the game or not, I've only seen the YouTube videos.

I'm interested in all brackets of MMOs, PvE, PvP, Crafting, Exploring....

I enjoy the "hardcore" grind, but prefer to hag my hat in a casual guild.

Yooji
01-27-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm interested in joining up, I haven't gotten my hands on trying it out yet like most people. I don't know if I'll like the game or not, I've only seen the YouTube videos.

I'm interested in all brackets of MMOs, PvE, PvP, Crafting, Exploring....

I enjoy the "hardcore" grind, but prefer to hag my hat in a casual guild.

hey Gypsy, drop by the forum please and leave us a note :) we have to do this for organizational reasons.

Yooji
01-30-2013, 01:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fVmDA.gif

BANANA HAMMOCK! lolwut

Narm
01-31-2013, 07:27 AM
Hi there,

Your guild sound nice and I really like to join but I wanted to know if the guild accept no english players ? (as long as they speak english of course).

Rayn
01-31-2013, 07:58 AM
Hi there,

Your guild sound nice and I really like to join but I wanted to know if the guild accept no english players ? (as long as they speak english of course).

yes, of course we do. Stop by the forums @ http://www.gambit-guild.com/forum/

Yooji
01-31-2013, 07:59 AM
Hi there,

we accept players from anywhere in the world :) it's just that the language we'll use in the website/forum and ingame chat is going to be english. we'll gladly let others join as well, we just don't want them to feel left out :)

Narm
01-31-2013, 10:07 AM
Nice to read that :D, I'll look at the forum and register as soon as I have time !

Tsugi
01-31-2013, 01:24 PM
Uuuh nice idea I really like it. Your website looks awesome, and guilty crown <3 (before people ask, it's an anime :P).
Good luck with that. :)

Yooji
01-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Uuuh nice idea I really like it. Your website looks awesome, and guilty crown <3 (before people ask, it's an anime :P).
Good luck with that. :)

frikkin' looooved guilty crown! :D and dat soundtrack, eargasming every single time i listen to it

edit: just saw that you're german ^^ hattest auch nen komisches gefühl den 'deutschen' track im anime zu hören? xD

Yooji
01-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Nice to read that :D, I'll look at the forum and register as soon as I have time !

we're looking forward to it! ^^

Ravallian
02-01-2013, 05:29 AM
Applying for my membership now :D

Tsugi
02-01-2013, 05:58 AM
frikkin' looooved guilty crown! :D and dat soundtrack, eargasming every single time i listen to it

edit: just saw that you're german ^^ hattest auch nen komisches gefühl den 'deutschen' track im anime zu hören? xD

Ja ich hatte das Gefühl auch.
Maybe we will be clanmmates soon depends on how many people from the clan I'm in at the moment going to start playing Defiance. :3

Yooji
02-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Applying for my membership now :D

looking forward to it :)

@Tsugi keep us posted ^^ we'll reserve you a spot here as we will close recruitment after reaching around 30~ active members :)

JustinD92
02-02-2013, 04:01 AM
Welcome to the community! Good luck with guild success!

Yooji
02-02-2013, 02:55 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/280/658/85e.gif

Yooji
02-04-2013, 03:12 PM
we're still recruiting :> anyone? <3

Yooji
02-06-2013, 01:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1O3LUQj.gif

warthog155
02-06-2013, 03:35 PM
LOL! After your past 3 post on this forum Yooji and looking at your website, you guys look like a fun bunch. It's the worst when you're playing with a group of people and you can't share a laugh from time to time, all serious no fun. You guys over at Gambit though (sweet logo by the way and the website is so smooth looking) look like you can have a fun time so I'd like to join up! Do I apply over at your forums?

Yooji
02-06-2013, 03:41 PM
LOL! After your past 3 post on this forum Yooji and looking at your website, you guys look like a fun bunch. It's the worst when you're playing with a group of people and you can't share a laugh from time to time, all serious no fun. You guys over at Gambit though (sweet logo by the way and the website is so smooth looking) look like you can have a fun time so I'd like to join up! Do I apply over at your forums?

hi there warthog

yeah the forum would be great so we can get to know you a little better! ^^ we have a chat there too with video function <3 if you're interested I like candle light dinners and long walks on the beach xD

j/k :) looking forward to your application!

Yooji
02-08-2013, 02:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2DdsMIK.gif

Yooji
02-11-2013, 11:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/UI6L7WA.gif

Yooji
02-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Gambit is growing stronger and stronger and we will stop recruiting soon!

Many of us have made their way into the Alpha already and are already gathering all the intel we can get our hands on. Anyone wanna help us datamine? <3

Harcon
02-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Can't wait for the next beta weekend so we can all get on together as we was missing a few this one. : (

Yooji
02-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Can't wait for the next beta weekend so we can all get on together as we was missing a few this one. : (

it would be great if you could get your alpha access as well :/

Harcon
02-12-2013, 08:06 PM
^^ iknowrite.

Yooji
02-14-2013, 06:28 AM
hello everyone,

we are pretty much about to reach the desired membercount.

with this having said I would like to announce that we now only have 5 slots left to fill.

<3

Yooji
02-16-2013, 05:17 AM
we also have lots of coca.ine! plenty for everyone <3

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0r87kCmXr1rpv1zho1_500.jpg

Yooji
02-18-2013, 07:25 PM
4 more spots to go ladies :3

http://i.imgur.com/fWizAsL.gif

ChimeraJones
02-20-2013, 01:13 AM
Yay more members :P

T3CHN01R
02-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Got one spot for a small lad? Well, I'm 26 but I am small! lol. You sound exactly like the kinda people I wanna play Defiance with. Let me know :) Been in all 3 betas, if you count the stress test as a beta.

ChimeraJones
02-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Think we have a couple more spots mate. Really good bunch of people here, I'll send a message to Yooji, and ask him to check this.

Yooji
02-21-2013, 06:28 AM
harro :3

yeah we have 3 more spots to fill. come join us in our lovely forum <3

we're usually on TS in the evenings if you feel like joining us there! ^^

Scrablor
02-22-2013, 08:40 AM
[Removed Post Information]

Yooji
02-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Hey all,

If you have any spots left I would love to grab one

Cheers

hello there :3 we have 2 spots left to fill, hop on our lovely forum ^^ we'd like to get to know you better :)

Zeraphim
02-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Hey guys, i wouldn't mind taking one of them spots if you still have any left. :)

Yooji
02-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Hey guys, i wouldn't mind taking one of them spots if you still have any left. :)

hop on the forums as well <3 we're looking forward to meeting you guys :)

Yooji
03-01-2013, 03:14 AM
we decided to reopen the recruitment for additional but limited spots! come join our forums and have a chat with us :)

Sageheart
03-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Mhm. We do daily coop missions if anyone needs help to unlock a costume or just want to play some higher level content just for funs.

And whoever joins now will be safe from the weekly sacrifices for a month~ Thats quite a deal!
*Limited time only. Only 1 month free pass per member. Deaths caused by fire,drowning, tripping, bullets, crashes, or poision are not covered by the 1month pass. Please contact your local Gambit leader for further details.*

Aliias
03-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Applyed to the guild in the forum :D

Yooji
03-03-2013, 04:58 PM
<3 nice to have you with us alii ;) I will add you to the roster in a bit!

Jenbuu
03-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Welcome to the community link program guys,
Thanks for joining :)

Yooji
03-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the community link program guys,
Thanks for joining :)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/fa3da598d5e34fa46de5644baf1dffb7/tumblr_mggftaP9Q31r6k2dgo1_500.gif

Noks
04-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Hello. I'd like to join Gambit if theres still a spot for a PST ark hunter. I just tried the recruitment section of your forums, but it didn't like me much. I am 36, with a wife and two munchkins. I've been gaming a long... long time. I am not 'hardcore', though I do like to research and do the best I can. I consider myself a jack-of-all-trades as far as role fulfillment. I feel I bring a level of professionalism with me (not as in 'pro'). I love to joke and goof around, but when its time to strap on gear and bughunt, I'm there 100%. Think Hicks from Aliens, though Hudson was great for comedy relief!

Noks ingame character and account name

Yooji
04-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Hello. I'd like to join Gambit if theres still a spot for a PST ark hunter. I just tried the recruitment section of your forums, but it didn't like me much. I am 36, with a wife and two munchkins. I've been gaming a long... long time. I am not 'hardcore', though I do like to research and do the best I can. I consider myself a jack-of-all-trades as far as role fulfillment. I feel I bring a level of professionalism with me (not as in 'pro'). I love to joke and goof around, but when its time to strap on gear and bughunt, I'm there 100%. Think Hicks from Aliens, though Hudson was great for comedy relief!

Noks ingame character and account name

please hop unto our forums ^^ we'd like to get to know you a little better there ;) we have quite a few parents in the guild, I'm actually quite surprised how many people with kids play defiance :D

Yooji
04-07-2013, 11:48 AM
up with you :) we're looking for friendly and talkative people! :D

Yooji
04-08-2013, 08:19 AM
bump

/10char

Yooji
04-08-2013, 12:41 PM
looking for more NA / Australian players :)

Yooji
04-09-2013, 02:53 AM
bump

/10char

Yooji
04-10-2013, 05:46 AM
looking for more players ^^

Yooji
04-10-2013, 01:40 PM
bump

/10char

Yooji
04-11-2013, 03:27 AM
bump

/10char

Yooji
04-11-2013, 05:43 PM
bump

/10char

Yooji
04-12-2013, 12:52 PM
bump

/10char

Yooji
04-12-2013, 04:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4Il5hNX.gif

Shootersa
04-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Recruiting NA only or do you also have some Europeans?

Vander
04-12-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm interested.

Yooji
04-12-2013, 06:17 PM
we're mainly looking for NA and Australian players. So unless you have weird working hours like most of the current european players in our guild then feel free to apply ;)

we'll need you guys to join our forum though ^^

Yooji
04-14-2013, 09:26 AM
bump

/10char

Yooji
04-15-2013, 03:43 AM
bump

/10char

Sithis
04-15-2013, 06:55 AM
Sithis is most curious about this. Sithis shall investigate.

Cruize
04-15-2013, 07:18 AM
Can't open the site. Could you please pm me your ingame name Yooji?

Footmans
04-15-2013, 07:43 AM
Im interested how do we apply?

Yooji
04-15-2013, 04:39 PM
in our forums ;)

http://www.gambit-guild.com/forum

Sithis made it in ^^

Malignant Killer
04-15-2013, 06:26 PM
Good job on the website, I like it alot! Ill be stopping by to take a look at your clan for sure :)

Cruize
04-16-2013, 02:11 AM
in our forums ;)

http://www.gambit-guild.com/forum

Sithis made it in ^^

I can't access the site for some reason, mind if I just contact you ingame?

Yooji
04-16-2013, 04:12 AM
I can't access the site for some reason, mind if I just contact you ingame?

may I ask where you're from? We have a few countries banned because of some attacks. Otherwise my IGN is Yooji

Yooji
04-16-2013, 04:09 PM
bump, looking for a few more ^^

/10char

Yooji
04-17-2013, 12:41 PM
bump

/10char