PDA

View Full Version : beta means testing so...

thephalanx
03-25-2013, 02:17 AM
Why the old build? Dont blame microsft bc even demos got updates sometimes. Isnt the point of beta mean testing so why are we testing a old product bc half the bugs we find might be totally deffrent then in the current build. Its counter productive testing a older version. And we know from past demos and betas got updates so ya. seams like the just love to blame microsoft for alot of stuff also like almost everything....

dont get me wrong i mean first day sucked and region locked and 4 player only groups and we deff needed more then a day lol wow i mean talk about being "optomized"etc etc but its still fun really.

0sedax
03-25-2013, 02:22 AM
Why the old build? Dont blame microsft bc even demos got updates sometimes. Isnt the point of beta mean testing so why are we testing a old product bc half the bugs we find might be totally deffrent then in the current build. Its counter productive testing a older version. And we know from past demos and betas got updates so ya. seams like the just love to blame microsoft for alot of stuff also like almost everything....

dont get me wrong i mean first day sucked and region locked and 4 player only groups and we deff needed more then a day lol wow i mean talk about being "optomized"etc etc but its still fun really.

It is because of Microsoft. The Dev's have to submit the Beta to Microsoft for Certification. Which takes month to process. Demos don't get updated, they are also old versions of the game that were submitted months before the demo is released. Same goes for DLC, updates, etc.

Jath
03-25-2013, 02:23 AM
There's different forms of testing performed in beta stages.

In this instance, it was probably less about bug finding, and more about 'community opinion of quests' and 'large-scale server stress-testing'. Likely Microsoft require a working example, and a beta is generally easier to put out as opposed to a highly polished demo.

I suspect that the real grunt work for bug testing was completed in-house, on a small scale server, before opening up to a broader range of bug testing in the closed beta.

Then, with the open beta, it was more of a focus on sorting out thousands of people logging on at once, and the servers surviving it.

Drkhao
03-25-2013, 02:24 AM
so the concept of a beta is testing you are correct.
However, to get a beta onto a specific console or pc you need to go through the company and get an approval.
Which takes months to do. In example the older beta for 360 and ps3.

360 never had the servers for an mmo, which cause a lot of the initial lag problems, as well as the choice made by them for region lock.

The current build is on PC. Trion is pretty awesome at patching and fixing things quick. As you may have noticed in Beta already. If you didn't notice then ... well idk.

.. you seem angry about something.

thephalanx
03-25-2013, 02:31 AM
even demos got updates dont blame microsoft for the studio mistakes. like how they said the 1 day beta was microsoft fault is bs bc games can be in beta for the longest time... not MC prob its bc they dont want to.

0sedax
03-25-2013, 02:35 AM
even demos got updates dont blame microsoft for the studio mistakes. like how they said the 1 day beta was microsoft fault is bs bc games can be in beta for the longest time... not MC prob its bc they dont want to.

LMAO, please learn how the gaming industry works.... Those "updates" you talk about on demos ALSO went through the Certification process. Just because the company didn't tell you that they did, they did. EVERY and ALL gaming companies on consoles must go through the process. There are no exceptions.

thephalanx
03-25-2013, 02:37 AM
and bs fsu online had no lag and been in open beta free for almost a whole year and also that other one in 2003 i think. just tired of them blaming microsoft

0sedax
03-25-2013, 02:40 AM
and bs fsu online had no lag and been in open beta free for almost a whole year and also that other one in 2003 i think. just tired of them blaming microsoft

You mean psu? That game was a DEMO not a BETA. There is a difference. Also that game only had to load the players in the room. it was NOT an open world MMO. It also had 10-20 servers.

Why shouldn't they blame Microsoft? It is there fault. It makes sense to blame the person responsible. Just because you don't want it to be true, doesn't make it so.

thephalanx
03-25-2013, 02:45 AM
if they can update a demo why not the first 3rd person shooter mmo on xbox? more like they dont care as much why they gave us only 1 day to begin with and blamed MC.

eskimoletdinov
03-25-2013, 02:45 AM
so the concept of a beta is testing you are correct.
However, to get a beta onto a specific console or pc you need to go through the company and get an approval.
Which takes months to do. In example the older beta for 360 and ps3.

360 never had the servers for an mmo, which cause a lot of the initial lag problems, as well as the choice made by them for region lock.

The current build is on PC. Trion is pretty awesome at patching and fixing things quick. As you may have noticed in Beta already. If you didn't notice then ... well idk.

.. you seem angry about something.

Well maybe Trion is good at patching and repairing servers and the like on pc, but on Xbox everything goes through weeks of submission, with this beta being so late, any problems not already found and repaired in day 1 patch wont make it and will be put back for 2nd patch which wouldnt be released for atleast a month after the game is released. A bit late for a game that requires online connection in order to play and could ruin the game, look at the new sim city!!!.

I genuinely hope this game is as close to what Trion hoped come release day but I feel that releasing this beta so close to release day was a little poorly planned imo

thephalanx
03-25-2013, 02:53 AM
my mistake ya but it said in download history "open beta "

Drkhao
03-25-2013, 02:55 AM
Well maybe Trion is good at patching and repairing servers and the like on pc, but on Xbox everything goes through weeks of submission, with this beta being so late, any problems not already found and repaired in day 1 patch wont make it and will be put back for 2nd patch which wouldnt be released for atleast a month after the game is released. A bit late for a game that requires online connection in order to play and could ruin the game, look at the new sim city!!!.

I genuinely hope this game is as close to what Trion hoped come release day but I feel that releasing this beta so close to release day was a little poorly planned imo

all server lag was fixed within a day of the game even releasing on beta. For me at least. I think it will be okay.
Just tired of seeing the OP post the same threads in different forums lol

thephalanx
03-25-2013, 02:56 AM
like they just thought they knew best and to cover there mistakes they always blame mc

thephalanx
03-25-2013, 03:02 AM
i post on xbox bc i had the prob with xbox but also it still needs big patching and if you patch one thing might break something else so. thats why we needed more then 1 day but they blamed mc for the 1 day 0o what im trying to say they blame mc for everything...

D Knight X91
03-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Demos don't get updated, they are also old versions of the game that were submitted months before the demo is released.

Crackdown 2 demo had an update. Please look into things before you talk. Google is your friend or just being on the game when it updates help to.

StolenPaper18
03-25-2013, 09:12 AM
i post on xbox bc i had the prob with xbox but also it still needs big patching and if you patch one thing might break something else so. thats why we needed more then 1 day but they blamed mc for the 1 day 0o what im trying to say they blame mc for everything...

Why do you keep saying one day? You realize the beta has been running from the 22nd and will end on the 27th, right? Unless I'm just misunderstanding what you are trying to say.

D Knight X91
03-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Why do you keep saying one day? You realize the beta has been running from the 22nd and will end on the 27th, right? Unless I'm just misunderstanding what you are trying to say.

I believe he talking about when the beta was frist said. It was a 36 hour long beta (25 - 26 with a shorter time.) than they more it from 25 -27 and not its 22 - 27.

thephalanx
03-25-2013, 10:35 AM

And also they only extended it bc we have them so much flack for only one day then when we crashed there servers and stuff they were glad they have us more time but yet they blamed Microsoft when in a earlier statement they said it was optimized so they only put in for that shot time thinking that's all they needed but when we proved them wrong instead of saying my bad they blame Microsoft.