PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Loot Weekend - Most Efficient Method of Farming Keys/Salvage??

Olaf
06-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi!

Just wondering if you guys got any tips for maximizing the retrieval of keys/ark salvage over this bonus loot weekend?? I know motherlode is a good choice and project aegis hulker is good for drops. Wondering if anyone has any better ways?

SaneFail
06-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Running coops, get yourself a personal, clan and group boost, relevant perks that increase drop rate. And have lots of space in your inventory.

Indra Echo
06-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Running coops, get yourself a personal, clan and group boost, relevant perks that increase drop rate. And have lots of space in your inventory.

Yeah this and use a BMG to heal and do damage at arkfalls. Amazingly enough using the heal feature for me causes far more drops. Also use your perk boosts no matter what weapon you use - there are a few that up the chance for foes to drop gear. And remember to use your EGO in order to activate the perk. They are only active when your EGO is.

These are tips for loot-salvage. For weapon or skill xp, arkfalls aren't great so do coops or go to headfirst crater or spam hulkers-great for ranking up BMGs by the way.

TIER ONE
06-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Isnt there a perk that increases the % of a loot drop on a Crit kill?

Olaf
06-21-2013, 02:48 PM

Believe thats called Just Reward?

Indra Echo
06-21-2013, 02:49 PM

I don't have the game up but there is one called Pinata that is for explosive kills I think and there may be for a critical kill and I think there's one other. I'd have to look at it-generally when I need to I use them or the ammo perks under certain circumstances.

Strontium Dog
06-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Yeah this and use a BMG to heal and do damage at arkfalls. Amazingly enough using the heal feature for me causes far more drops. Also use your perk boosts no matter what weapon you use - there are a few that up the chance for foes to drop gear. And remember to use your EGO in order to activate the perk. They are only active when your EGO is.

These are tips for loot-salvage. For weapon or skill xp, arkfalls aren't great so do coops or go to headfirst crater or spam hulkers-great for ranking up BMGs by the way.

Are tryng to tell me that perks arent all on the time ie passive ones, unless i use EGO skill??

Where has a dev said that??

Orbital
06-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Sutro Tower, Serenity Power, Verdant Ridge, Angel's Fall Mine, are some of my fav spots. Just clearing emergencies work out well too and levels you up fast. Just Reward and Pinata perks help as mentioned too, with boosts.

SaneFail
06-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Sutro Tower, Serenity Power, Verdant Ridge, Angel's Fall Mine, are some of my fav spots. Just clearing emergencies work out well too and levels you up fast. Just Reward and Pinata perks help as mentioned too, with boosts.

These areas are great. Especially love Sutro.

ewishki
06-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Are tryng to tell me that perks arent all on the time ie passive ones, unless i use EGO skill??

Where has a dev said that??

I don't think that is accurate. Easy enough to test though. Get a.sniper rifle and hit something in the head without perk and without ego on. Then equip perk. Hit same thing in the head with a crit bonus perk or something with perk on and ego off.

TravelerX1
06-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Here is your checklist:

-Buy the Personal and Group Loot Boosts (Clan doesn't seem to help in Co-Ops)
-Use this loadout (Or variant there of)

-Overcharge
-Pinata Perk +3% Loot on Explosive Kill
-Just Rewards Perk +3% Loot on Critical Kill (Most explosive kills are critical)
-Explosive perks of your choosing
-Detonator, Cluster-Shot, Couriour, RL, Flare Pistol ..... whatever's your explosive poison

Have a minimum of 100 slots open in your inventory

Enter the Motherlode Co-OP

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

That is all