PDA

View Full Version : Xbox buyers..Judge by this not the beta

Neferonia
03-25-2013, 04:08 AM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/20/defiance-one-hour-with-defiance This is a link to IGN. This video is about 70 minutes long of gameplay of Defiance on the Xbox. This video better demonstrates what the game will look like on Xbox. I hope this helps people who are hesitant on the Xbox just because of the graphics in beta.

Lomax
03-25-2013, 04:49 AM
I personally don't think the graphics are too bad in the Beta, only the cut scenes are slightly below average, the rest of it is of a good standard, especially when you consider that it is running on technology over 10 years old, and is a MMO, the first one to be published to a console, their is a lot of work gone into th graphics whilst trying to keep the game flowing well.. and i think they have done a good job, if the release has even better graphics that is phenomenal and the developers deserve a good pat on the back.

OtherArcher
03-25-2013, 04:57 AM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/20/defiance-one-hour-with-defiance This is a link to IGN. This video is about 70 minutes long of gameplay of Defiance on the Xbox. This video better demonstrates what the game will look like on Xbox. I hope this helps people who are hesitant on the Xbox just because of the graphics in beta.
Lol. You do realize that in the video, the commentators specifically note that the version they are playing is "an alpha build", don't you?

Brezick
03-25-2013, 05:26 AM
Lol. You do realize that in the video, the commentators specifically note that the version they are playing is "an alpha build", don't you?

Yes, but against standard tradition, their "alpha" build has progressed beyond what this beta build has shown us.

Papa Shane
03-25-2013, 05:41 AM
I think the graphics look fine. It is a beta so you can not expect it to have top notch graphics. I am sure it will look a lot better when the game is released

Tibbs
03-25-2013, 05:43 AM
I judged it. I am even more impressed with it.

Darkane
03-25-2013, 06:05 AM

Got to say I've played the beta and seen the ign video. Can't see any great differences. What specifically is different between the video you posted and the beta?

Also I think people are setting their expectations too high for the final release. Yes this is a beta but you're not going to get a radically different game on release. Less bugs, some tweaks. But it's going to be the same at its core.

I like it personally but I think the beta gives you a good flavour for the finished product.

Roeh
03-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Got to say I've played the beta and seen the ign video. Can't see any great differences. What specifically is different between the video you posted and the beta?

Also I think people are setting their expectations too high for the final release. Yes this is a beta but you're not going to get a radically different game on release. Less bugs, some tweaks. But it's going to be the same at its core.

I like it personally but I think the beta gives you a good flavour for the finished product.

from the start it's better, hell the character silhouette in the start menu is better and it has a kinect menu. I wish they had changed the mutant gunner texture but whatever. You can see small texture changes here and there. Overall its the same but with a bit more polish.

now the build we are playing is almost 3 months old and the video was put out on the 20th of February I would say the look is more or less set and I'm good with it if I wanted more I would get the PC version but I really want to get this for my Xbox.

elquietone
03-25-2013, 06:54 AM
The odd thing is, I'm having a hard time seeing whats wrong with the Xbox graphics and them being "muddy" as PC boys keep saying. I've been playing the PC version since Jan in both Beta and Alpha on Ultra (MAX) graphics. The texture do not look very different at all other than the fact your monitor has a higher resolution than any TV and a better color rate. Textures look slightly brighter on PC but not overly better than the 360. In fact the 360's cut scenes look on par with the PC version, I will admit the 60fps on PC is nice when compared to the 30fps on Xbox but who cares. There might be a few more jaggies in the 360 while driving fast over the land but nothing that makes the game unplayable, and for a 2004 graphics card, it still does a pretty darn good job of making today's games look good.

Needless to say, I can't wait for my Xbox version.:cool:

Syxx
03-25-2013, 07:08 AM
It's very muddy, blurry and blocky. Its just overall lower Resolution. I can easily see the difference. But on that note it is expected you cannot compare a console at the end of its life to a current PC.

Also this video isn't even the most current build it looks the same. The mutants still look stupid with the old model even. Compare it to the current Mutant models and you would see what I mean.

nothingman97
03-25-2013, 07:47 AM
I've played both the PC and the Xbox and have to say that the PC version is much nicer looking and runs way smoother. That being said, I don't think it really takes anything away from the Xbox version. This is true with almost all games that are available on both platforms.

I'm having a blast playing the Xbox beta and can't wait to see what Trion does to make it even better. i played Rift on PC for a long time and these guys are really in-touch with the player base. I think Defiance is going to be a sleeper hit on every platform.

Looking forward to launch day!!!

Darkane
03-25-2013, 07:48 AM
from the start it's better, hell the character silhouette in the start menu is better and it has a kinect menu. I wish they had changed the mutant gunner texture but whatever. You can see small texture changes here and there. Overall its the same but with a bit more polish.

now the build we are playing is almost 3 months old and the video was put out on the 20th of February I would say the look is more or less set and I'm good with it if I wanted more I would get the PC version but I really want to get this for my Xbox.

Cool, thanks. I might just have another watch of it.