PDA

View Full Version : An observation about pursuits and PvP.

Iceberg
06-22-2013, 08:20 PM
So today I finally finished my grind on the weapon pursuits, now the only thing left is to tackle the pvp ones. During last nights peak times for my area (7:30pm ish EDT) I put my self in to a queue for freight yard, think that it would not take to long as it is talked about being the most popular map of the 3. After an hour of waiting for 11 players, to 8 players, back to 10 players I finally got bored of waiting and went to play something else.

I am more of a PvE player, but also a bit of a completionist type. Maybe I am just not on during the right time as others, or the server population and those interested in pvp now is just so low games to this long to even find a match. Anyone else finding it hard to find a pvp game?

Natjur
06-23-2013, 04:15 PM
There are times of the day when I get a freight yard group within seconds (and again a few mins after that one has finished) and other times when I could queue for 3 hours and not get a group.

I found it easier when I joined a large guild and just ask them what PVP they are mainly doing and jump into that. But there are 'dead times' during the day when there are not enough PVPers on-line.

Just need to get my Shadow War vehicle kills to finish the PVP pursuits but even time I have found someone to swap kills with they end up on the same team as me!

Iceberg
06-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Well I don't have 3 hours to sit and wait in a queue, much less an hour. It is possible that maybe I started the PvP section a tad late when the server count is lower now than it was a month or so ago, or that my timing is off when I am on. Personally I hate the PvP UI, instead of selecting the maps to play on and the game selecting what game types you play, it should have been the other way around.

Wtflag
06-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Your mistake was actually trying to "grind" pursuits one by one.

The best approach is to do a bit of everything at the same time.

For example, PVP rewards exp, weapon skill and scrip. Those rewards contribute to pursuits outside just the PVP ones.

At this moment, you are lacking not just PVP pursuits, but also getting trusted status with echelon and buying 10 items from them. (Min item costs 100 rep so that means you must have 1000 rep to complete this). And we know contracts are daily/weeklies that you have no choice but to wait for them to replenish. So no matter how much you try, you are restricted by this and wouldn't complete your pursuit list for atleast one or two months.

For shadow wars especially, Friday nights and week ends are very important to get enough players to start it.

X64
06-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Yea it really is a hard grind. Just finished my Shadow War Profiteering II. 99/104, just missing the bugged pursuits (social, cerberus) + Echelon rep + ego evolution 4 + 50 hours of multiplayer.

Fun Facts - Lycan's vehicle was the 50th vehicle that I blew up.

Matrix365
06-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Honestly PvP is no fun when you have players like Ark and Tempest who seem to be able to do things in the area that borders on God like. They are some of the biggest hackers around. Ark has shot me through walls and while on the other side of a hill. Tempest was almost dead and I started shooting him yet suddenly his health and shield were full power again.

Freaking infectors need to be taken out of the line up for PvP.

Xoralis
06-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Honestly PvP is no fun when you have players like Ark and Tempest who seem to be able to do things in the area that borders on God like. They are some of the biggest hackers around. Ark has shot me through walls and while on the other side of a hill. Tempest was almost dead and I started shooting him yet suddenly his health and shield were full power again.

As far as i know there are walls in FY that bullets go through and as for hacking, the game is just full of bugs. Ark and other players are actually good at PVP and sometimes what may seem as a hack is not, they are just twitchier than you.

I hate infectors but now how to deal with them. PVP is as fun as you make it. I found tailoring yourself to the PVP environment is the only way to actually have fun.

Health and shields regenerate from certain perks but also don't forget that there can be graphical errors in game that make it look dodgy. Many people have told me my shields don't go down when i am shot yet i am taking the damage so clearly it's not showing correctly on their screen.

Arked
06-23-2013, 11:27 PM

What is your ingame name? I'm just curious because I might have the match you're referring to recorded. If so, I'll render and upload it and you can see it from my perspective.

Iceberg
06-24-2013, 05:04 AM
Your mistake was actually trying to "grind" pursuits one by one.

The best approach is to do a bit of everything at the same time.

For example, PVP rewards exp, weapon skill and scrip. Those rewards contribute to pursuits outside just the PVP ones.

At this moment, you are lacking not just PVP pursuits, but also getting trusted status with echelon and buying 10 items from them. (Min item costs 100 rep so that means you must have 1000 rep to complete this). And we know contracts are daily/weeklies that you have no choice but to wait for them to replenish. So no matter how much you try, you are restricted by this and wouldn't complete your pursuit list for atleast one or two months.

For shadow wars especially, Friday nights and week ends are very important to get enough players to start it.

Well that is unfortunate, weekend nights is when I am usually working, even more so with a holiday weekend coming up. Well it is what it is I guess.

Numina
06-24-2013, 07:46 AM
What is your ingame name? I'm just curious because I might have the match you're referring to recorded. If so, I'll render and upload it and you can see it from my perspective.

ruh roh....

Recording your in game time, eh? Well, this is an unexpected turn of events. I'm definitely going to spend more time and take it up a notch on sending you creepy messages when you are pvping....

Tyger
06-24-2013, 09:47 AM
The worst time for me to get any type of PvP to pop is early in the am eastern US. One saturday morning I just unqueued and focused on weap skill lvls cuz nothing was poppin'. It happens, just pay attention to those lulls in activity and try to work around them.

dbcameron
06-24-2013, 09:57 AM

I'd personally love to see any match you've played, you thoroughly kicked my *** last night in freight yard and if I can pick up any tips that would be fantastic.

On the Tempest note I've seen the same glitches, but it's really just glitches. I've seen him go down and have the game tell me his shield is still at 50% capacity. Granted he is someone I never want to run into on PvP again, but that's just because he puts me to shame. ^_^

Arked
06-24-2013, 10:11 AM
I'd personally love to see any match you've played, you thoroughly kicked my *** last night in freight yard and if I can pick up any tips that would be fantastic.

Here you go Sir, this is a link to a playlist of my 1080p Freight Yard matches. You can pick whichever, some are better than others and I have the general KD:R in the title as well if you wanna go for a more action oriented video. All of them are Bolt Action - Sniper Rifle / Tachmag, hope you enjoy them.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj7hddLNEE_xYlIMKjVpA9b0TiH_B5XEV

Muffins
06-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Here you go Sir, this is a link to a playlist of my 1080p Freight Yard matches. You can pick whichever, some are better than others and I have the general KD:R in the title as well if you wanna go for a more action oriented video. All of them are Bolt Action - Sniper Rifle / Tachmag, hope you enjoy them.

You play like me! But then again I wonder, how come people don't like... actually try evading? It's like everyone you fight does W+M1. You jump around and stuff, they don't even bother...

Regardless the game I can't help but jump in PvP thanks to GunZ.

Natjur
06-24-2013, 02:39 PM
At the moment, the bug in Freight Yard makes using the Cerberus deathly.

As you drive around, it leaves 'copy's' of you which just stand there and can be killed and therefore killing you from the other side of the map.

I thought Ark was cheating at first but after watching his videos, reading the 'known' bugs, I can see he is just using the best weapons, skills (and a few bugs) to get the most out of the PVP.

That bug and the one that when you melee someone to death with the right weapon, they become your personnel killer. Anything they damage also counts as if you did the damage and if set up with Syphon, you now get free shields and health each time they do damage to someone. (and it stays like this for the whole match, if they die this does not reset, so you can see this can build up fast!)

Do this to a few players and now you can not be killed as the other players damaging are giving you free heals no matter where you are.

Also the syphon fraggers can bugged into 100% proc mode.

Once theses three 'bugs' are fixed, PVP will be a lot more balanced.

Arked
06-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Yeah, it's unfortunate about the melee nano bug. Hopefully they fix it soon since I'm not gonna change out my best sniper rifle to a mediocre one over it.

Natjur
06-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Now I have to just get Ark to kill himself 60 times at an Major Arkfall so I can get the rez update and maybe catch up to the amount of times he has killed me in PVP

dbcameron
06-24-2013, 02:58 PM

Wow. Just wow, now I'm feeling better for lasting as long against you as I did. Kudos sir you are a beast ^_^

Arked
06-25-2013, 01:12 AM
Wow. Just wow, now I'm feeling better for lasting as long against you as I did. Kudos sir you are a beast ^_^

Thanks Sir, I hope you enjoyed the videos.