PDA

View Full Version : Same thing over and over and over and over! come on trion

jalbright1979
06-22-2013, 08:21 PM
I am soo bored with this game.....same arkfalls over and over......same daily contracts over and over.... same co-ops over and over.

My ego is 3,609 I am 102/104 pursuits done. All I do is farm keys open boxes and recieve the same mods over and over again. There is no space in backpack and I am not going to spend real money for more slots that is just ridiculous.

For those people out there who keep saying the game is dying. You are soo right! And for those who say the game isn't dying the clan your in is dying... You are so wrong.

I have been playing the game since the beginning I have been in 4 clans.
First clan...9 friends only 3 still play as of now
Second clan ...had roughly 40 members 30 played regularly (didn't do much together of a clan)
Third clan...300+ members at the beggining 100+ were active.Three weeks later when I left only 20 were active.
Fourth clan...600+ members which I am currently in ......100+ were playing when I joined and only about 14 play the game as of now.

In my opinion if this DLC is something out of this world then you might as well kiss this game byebye.

METALPUNKS
06-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Oh man i hated seeing these threads a few weeks ago. I would of defended the game until the end. Now i have to agree. I would log on and after a few hours of playing had nothing to show for except a few keys and some rep. Im sure the dlc will bring life back into the game but unless it has something to keep it going that isnt so darn repetetive people will start falling off then as well.

The biggest flaw of this game is loot. There is nowhere to go to grind a boss for certain loot. Stats should of been added to armor snd armor should of dropped from bosses in the game. Also co op is fun a few times but then its just the same thing, there is no reason to keep doing it. The end bosses should of had something to gove so we would play them over and over hoping for the drop.

I do like the game. Loved it at one point. Story is done game is done. Absolutley no end game at all. Plus biggest fail the two best guns in the game are not playable. That pistol nolan and that other dude have and that gun torc(not sure on the name)has.

Plus being so close to the next gen i see no reason to keep playing with games like destiny and elder scrolls online coming out. Still i will keep giving it a chance. If this dlc is not great and doesnt expand on the map a little i think ill be done for good after i playthrough it once. Makes me sad to say it.

Anyone that disagrees with me and the OP i understand i was there with that thinking. But you have to try and understand where we are coming from. We tried to keep it going for oursleves. You have to admit that with this game and the word mmo over it it does not have anywhere near the content of an mmo. Usually even a mmo im not that into keeps me going constantly for 6 months min. Ive been trying to drag content out of this game for a couple months now. I just gave up.

alred
06-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Welcome to the world of daily grinds. WOW has them, and they are boring there as well. "Go fish 20 of this type fish" . More fun to just poke my eyes out with a stick.

I would like a change in ark falls as well. Bring back the elemental ark falls, or make them more common. Maybe allow raiders/99ers/dark matter to spawn at arkfalls along with the hellbugs. Change it up a little.

daurgothoth
06-22-2013, 09:08 PM
100% agreed

Daholic
06-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the world of daily grinds. WOW has them, and they are boring there as well. "Go fish 20 of this type fish" . More fun to just poke my eyes out with a stick.

I would like a change in ark falls as well. Bring back the elemental ark falls, or make them more common. Maybe allow raiders/99ers/dark matter to spawn at arkfalls along with the hellbugs. Change it up a little.

Since you bought up WoW as a way to compare and show hoe they may be similar. Why not also say that while doing these tedious quests "get 10 of x and turn them in", overall its not the main basis of the game. Its something to do to level up so you can run instances, and fight bosses with loot tables and strategy. You know grind for gear drops.

How about comparing the lame auto-win co-op in Defiance to WoW's co-op instance? No?? Hmm, don't bring up a game that hilariously better than the game you slather over as a way to show a common bond between mmo's.

Darkane
06-23-2013, 12:47 AM
Jesus, there's actually more than one game out at the minute you know. Play something else!

c4l1d3n
06-23-2013, 12:52 AM
If you're not having fun move on. It's the definition of insanity to just keep doing things over and over you have no interest in or enjoy. Like going to a 9-5 job! ;)

Muffins
06-23-2013, 12:54 AM
Jesus, there's actually more than one game out at the minute you know. Play something else!

Seriously... is Defiance your life support and you must login everyday to live or something?...

Blondin
06-23-2013, 03:10 AM
Do you pay a subscribtion that forces you to play?

METALPUNKS
06-23-2013, 03:41 AM

See this is the type of comment that gets me so so angry. I feel like someone who posted this comment is someone who really didnt read the entire thread. Thats said NO nothing is forcing us to play but it sucks for us because im not sure about the OP amd other alike but i really wanted this game to work. People like us are probably the games biggest fan. I say "are" because I still am and have hope. Im not the anti defiance guy and either are other people who feel the same. Heres the thing were not playing the game right now exclusively. We are playing other games we just want to maybe see some changes to make it worth while.

Also why do people compare this games content to games like WOW and other mmo's? It cannot be compared for one reason and one reason only, LOOT! This is the only game ive ever played that doesnt have loot on the queued gameplay. Anyway i still have hope. Its not a total flop in my mind, infact i think the idea is genius, just poorly exacuted.

Blondin
06-23-2013, 03:46 AM
Also why do people compare this games content to games like WOW and other mmo's? It cannot be compared for one reason and one reason only, LOOT! This is the only game ive ever played that doesnt have loot on the queued gameplay. Anyway i still have hope. Its not a total flop in my mind, infact i think the idea is genius, just poorly exacuted.
So why do you continue to compare loot in defiance with loot in wow?

And what is the meaning of such thread, do you really believe something will change till the dlc will be released?
This game is not like wow, you are not forced to play, because of subcribtion and because there is no loot progression that needed you to beat that boss or that donjon to grind another donjon, etc.

Now, if you really like this game, you should understand what it is, and that there will be no new content till all the dlc will be out, and you should be patient.

Take this game for what it is, not for what you hope.

MFin Rambo
06-23-2013, 03:50 AM
If you're not having fun move on. It's the definition of insanity to just keep doing things over and over you have no interest in or enjoy. Like going to a 9-5 job! ;)

Actually that's not the definition.

This is...

Insanity, craziness or madness is a spectrum of behaviors characterized by certain abnormal mental or behavioral patterns. Insanity may manifest as violations of societal norms, including a person becoming a danger to themselves or others, though not all such acts are considered insanity. In modern usage insanity is most commonly encountered as an informal unscientific term denoting mental instability, or in the narrow legal context of the insanity defense. In the medical profession the term is now avoided in favor of diagnoses of specific mental disorders; the presence of delusions or hallucinations is broadly referred to as psychosis.[1] When discussing mental illness in general terms, "psychopathology" is considered a preferred descriptor.[2]

What you're referencing is a quote from Albert Einstein. =)

And official quote is,

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Daholic
06-23-2013, 03:51 AM

Interesting! What the fuq does that have to do with anything? No one buys an mmo just to soon after put it back in its case for later consumption. Ive played an mmorpg that had no subscription, but it was enough of a good game to hold my interest for almost 6 years! Played it everyday without fail.

This game is not good enough to keep coming back to. More than likely if someone who had half a brain played this game and got bored with it a month or 2 after, then there is no amount of content this game can fabricate that will satisfy your average mmo hard core fan.

Muffins
06-23-2013, 04:27 AM

And what is the meaning of such thread, do you really believe something will change till the dlc will be released?
This game is not like wow, you are not forced to play, because of subcribtion and because there is no loot progression that needed you to beat that boss or that donjon to grind another donjon, etc.

Now, if you really like this game, you should understand what it is, and that there will be no new content till all the dlc will be out, and you should be patient.

I pretty much always agree with what you say, when you post.

But darn if that avatar makes it hard to read your post in some creepy, old red neck voice.

Amone
06-23-2013, 06:54 AM
defiance is my first MMo so I donīt really know how much change they normally offer, but doesnīt it lie within the nature of things .. and us .. when dealing with the same thing for a while you get bored from them, games are no exception..

Iīm still liking it ..

METALPUNKS
06-23-2013, 10:07 AM

I was using wow as an example because some compared wow to defiance saying wow had no content. I could use any mmo to compare defiance with. My point is every other mmo i have played has serious loot and end game content, even at release.

You cant sit here and say this game is full of content. Its simply not. If it were just a third person shooter then itd be awesome and the content would be perfect but this is no mmo. Its just not. In a mmo the game doesnt really kick in until the end, thats where the term end game content comes in.

Let me ask you something. Why do you do the co op maps? If you answer with anything besides to farm for loot then its not a mmo. Look at games like destiny, there main focus is loot. In one interview they were asked if destiny would have a ton of loot and they answered "um ya this is an mmo, what is an mmo without loot dropping everywhere". I know i sound hung up on this whole loot thing but thats the main reason i play mmo's, thats why we all play. We are always searching for that next one peice of great loot. You have to understand sometimes in mmo's it takes a year of playing to get certain loot, even more with some games. In defiance they should of added really special guns to the rep vendors and then added rep to co op matches. I actually find the pvp to give me more reason to play, i love how they set up competitive play, great job there.

One more thing. The level/ego cap is 5,000, it takes a while to get there. Thats nice but there is no reason to get there if there is no content to match it. There should of been content that opens as you go. Like when you reach 3,000, 4,000, and 5,000 ego a bunch of content is opened up at each on of them, giving reason to get to those points. Also they gave us the option to replay the story, a game plus mode. Thats nice but again they should of added better loot each time you progress.

And dont even get me started on espisode content. What a mess. There have been a few tie ins but that one plague mission a couple weeks ago was the worst. Even i could of came up with better. Like maybe a timed mission where you the player is infected and you trying to make it to the launch the cure but your turning into a zombie so you have to be quick. Again why no awesome loot with these missions. Really a shield i see about 5 times a day?! Or a bio grenade that says special but isnt special. Maybe later down the road we will have better episode tie ins but when the advertiised it they made it seem like after every episode youd log in and find that the game world has changed and so on. Like i said it is all a great idea but it stops at that. I had a blast playing through the game but its a one hit wonder. We shall see what the dlc brings. If they do what they have been saying this game can be awesome by next year but by then most will be on the next gen playing some of the great games like destiny, titanfall an elder scrolls online. I'm afraid it may be a little too late but who i am to say. This is all simplymy opinion. Two weeks ago i would of never thought id be saying this. That said two ago i had just finished the campaign thinking id be hit hard with end game content. So thats all. Not trying to start anything. If anything i want to see this game be awesome for many years to come.

dominad
06-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Actually that's not the definition.

This is...

Insanity, craziness or madness is a spectrum of behaviors characterized by certain abnormal mental or behavioral patterns. Insanity may manifest as violations of societal norms, including a person becoming a danger to themselves or others, though not all such acts are considered insanity. In modern usage insanity is most commonly encountered as an informal unscientific term denoting mental instability, or in the narrow legal context of the insanity defense. In the medical profession the term is now avoided in favor of diagnoses of specific mental disorders; the presence of delusions or hallucinations is broadly referred to as psychosis.[1] When discussing mental illness in general terms, "psychopathology" is considered a preferred descriptor.[2]

What you're referencing is a quote from Albert Einstein. =)

And official quote is,

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Thank you for saving me from making the correction, and or doing so eloquently. I have a feeling the poster found it quaint to adjust the quote to serve their message and in doing so destroying its meaning.

As for the rest, OP why bother you have been here long enough. As my father would say it is like talking to a brick wall. The intellect of the wall is about the same too.

Blade of Souls
06-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Hey mister 3,600 EGO. You've run the well dry, get over it and wait. Then again you're obviously into the whole grinding aspect of MMOs, and -now- you decide that you've had enough? I don't get it.

I myself got tired of running the same instances over and over and over. I'm off playing some CoD, or NHL, or just not playing on my xbox. Thankfully it's summer so I can actually go outside. Take up a different hobby, and come back in a few months to (hopefully) some more content.

Pursuits aren't content. They're busy work. All depends on if you like doing busy work for the sake of doing busy work.