PDA

View Full Version : Is it me?

dwej1973
06-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Is it me or since the last patch came out that loot and what comes out of lock boxes been nerfed? I have opened 30 tier four lock boxes since the patch and have one received two purple items from them. most of the time it is three crappy blue and yellow. Is this happening to everybody. Also all the ark falls I have done have been just two crappy yellow items. No matter where I place.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
06-23-2013, 09:24 AM
I've not touched lockboxes in a long time other than the synergy cash ones. I dont usually get much more than one purple and a couple blues. Maybe a green or two. Buddy of mine opened a T4 the other day and got 2 whites.

Arkfalls I've not had a prob with. Either Blue or Purps from them. Same as always.

krayzgates
06-23-2013, 09:27 AM
i just opened my first tier 4 lockbox on my alt toon...got 3 purples and an orange sniper rifle...its a 10% drop rate for legendarys in tier 4, tier 3 is a bit lower, but on my main...i received 6 legendarys from 3...ego is almost 4k on that toon though

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
06-23-2013, 09:31 AM
i just opened my first tier 4 lockbox on my alt toon...got 3 purples and an orange sniper rifle...its a 10% drop rate for legendarys in tier 4, tier 3 is a bit lower, but on my main...i received 6 legendarys from 3...ego is almost 4k on that toon though

I've noticed that the higher your ego the better the drops seem to be. Not much better, but better. Remember when synergies on Greenies was unheard of? Well, I have a green Quartermaster VOT Fragger and I'm EGO level 3676.

unlucky haha
06-23-2013, 09:35 AM
I shudder when i think about the amount of locked boxes i have opened,for so little.have done the game 6 times now,completed almost evrything...one thing you may want to try,run a new character...1st few teir 3 boxes i have found you alwsays get a couple of oranges,and then use m8 to trade up to main character.takes me bout 25 mins and a friend to get enough keys on arkfalls,for the 1st two boxes ..seperate to that with my main charater the loot boost this weekend,yesterday 3 teir 3s 3 purps/1 blue/2 green..today has been crap...3 teir 3s 4 grrens 2 blues.and crap from arks too....if found there has been alot of lag ect today and i find on days when the game is playin up,the lock boxes aint good,hope the above helps :)

dwej1973
06-23-2013, 10:10 AM
My toon didn't get his first orange item till level a thousand. Got two after that. Then since this new patch all I get is blue and yellow or green. I am ego 1804 so that about being higher level is crap. I had a friend get two orange items just starting. As for ten percent I really don't think your numbers are right as others have stated is it 8 percent on fours and 6 percent on threes. I am not even saying really about orange items. I am not even getting purple. I can tell you what I am going to get by the first item and it is usually a crappy blue infector.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
06-23-2013, 10:25 AM
My toon didn't get his first orange item till level a thousand. Got two after that. Then since this new patch all I get is blue and yellow or green. I am ego 1804 so that about being higher level is crap. I had a friend get two orange items just starting. As for ten percent I really don't think your numbers are right as others have stated is it 8 percent on fours and 6 percent on threes. I am not even saying really about orange items. I am not even getting purple. I can tell you what I am going to get by the first item and it is usually a crappy blue infector.

There's not been a set pecentage on the drop rates of the lock boxes. I remember that slough of threads back when the game first came out about them and there was a mod that posted in one saying that they were not correct. I'd have to dig it up though if you want proof.

And the higher EGO thing is not entirely "crap". For lockboxes yea, probably, but for drops from enemies I've noticed much better items at almost EGO 4k than I'm getting on my 2oo some odd character.

grim bloody reaper
06-23-2013, 11:10 AM

That's damn lucky i opened my first tier 4 (at level 500) and only got 2 green sawn off's and a couple of crappy grenades.. so not sure if i should try that again :\

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
06-23-2013, 11:12 AM
That's damn lucky i opened my first tier 4 (at level 500) and only got 2 green sawn off's and a couple of crappy grenades.. so not sure if i should try that again :\

This is off topic but am I the only one that gets overly irritated when people call them "sawn offs" instead of "sawed offs"? xD

Not picking on you specifically grim, you just happened to type it and remind me. :p

grim bloody reaper
06-23-2013, 11:20 AM
This is off topic but am I the only one that gets overly irritated when people call them "sawn offs" instead of "sawed offs"? xD

Not picking on you specifically grim, you just happened to type it and remind me. :p

Sorry will remember "sawed offs" from now on!

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
06-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Sorry will remember "sawed offs" from now on!

WOOT! Awesome! :D

Cale307
06-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Its you i have gotten 5 orange weapons out of maybe 15 tier 4 boxes