PDA

View Full Version : Greeen!!!!!

Dehlert
06-24-2013, 01:39 AM
I know for modding purposes ark salvage has it's uses... but until I am capped I can't help but feel obsessed with collecting it... what is that? use it to buy keys? PSH no... I have no use for a purple or gold until I am in 4k plus EGO territory.. will cost me more to get one of those then to just use 2 keys worth of salvage to reset my greens..

And let us talk about greens... I feel like they are the true gold mine... They might never become flawless but I find their use more practical at this stage in the game.. so when I blow up the motherlode I love seeing the rain of green on my screen. All blue makes me giddy for the green of ark salvage.

TL;DR - Ark salvage is the true currency.. why even have scrip?

JxSiN
06-24-2013, 02:10 AM
In an E3 video, some dude said you can use "gulanite" to upgrade the new turrets in the DLC. I took it as either ark salvage is going to be called gulanite, or a new currency (gulanite) is on it's way to de-throne ark salvage. :)

Shada Mori
06-24-2013, 02:12 AM
In an E3 video, some dude said you can use "gulanite" to upgrade the new turrets in the DLC. I took it as either ark salvage is going to be called gulanite, or a new currency (gulanite) is on it's way to de-throne ark salvage. :)

I suspect more likely it will be something you gather during the event and load into the turrets.

JxSiN
06-24-2013, 03:01 AM
I suspect more likely it will be something you gather during the event and load into the turrets.

Quite possibly. Plus you may have to already have the upgrades in your inventory as a couple of pics I've seen had some weird named shields (like med-something and bulwark) and a cap of 6000. I do not believe this is a personal shield, but maybe a turret upgrade.

Alexri
06-24-2013, 05:33 AM
If you think that 4k+ guns are better than lower ego ones, you're in for a surprise xD

Lindrei
06-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Surprise, they do get better. You get more and better quality bonuses as well as all 4 mod slots opened.

Colif
06-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Scrip needs a purpose, once you have 300k + its only good for buying guns off other people, if you want to do that. If you don't, it just accumulates. There are only so many guns you need (though I do like to have spares) and I have all the buggy colors now (got white on weekend) and most of the hemis... so its a pointless resource for me.

I could give some to alts but well, I have 103 items in my claim menu and selling all my green shields should give any alt a small pile to start with.

Be great if we could convert it into ark salvage, even if its got a conversion rate. Provided its not insane, it would be useful.

JxSiN
06-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Surprise, they do get better. You get more and better quality bonuses as well as all 4 mod slots opened.

Surprise! They do. So do shields and grenades. :)

I guess if everyone knew it wouldn't be a surprise

Alexri
06-24-2013, 04:20 PM

You're confusing "are" and "can be". You're going to spend hundreds of hours getting to EGO levels that high, and if you scrap everything you find along the way, you may very well end up scrapping something that has a combination of effects and bonuses that you're unlikely to find again. Which is why I have an SMG with EGO around 2500 which outperforms anything 4-5k EGO players bring to the table, normally by a factor of 2. The right bonuses is more important than more and higher quality bonuses

JxSiN
06-24-2013, 04:28 PM
You're confusing "are" and "can be". You're going to spend hundreds of hours getting to EGO levels that high, and if you scrap everything you find along the way, you may very well end up scrapping something that has a combination of effects and bonuses that you're unlikely to find again. Which is why I have an SMG with EGO around 2500 which outperforms anything 4-5k EGO players bring to the table, normally by a factor of 2. The right bonuses is more important than more and higher quality bonuses

You are absolutely right with the "can be". I should rephrase and say they have the opportunity to be better. My main AR is around 1880 ego. I'm in no hurry to scrap that, as the rolls are incredible and I haven't found one yet to replace it (and not going to pay a small fortune for another with maybe 1 or 2 slightly better rolls). So yeah, statement retracted. Should read, Surprise, they do have a chance to get better.

Shields and grenades usually are better the higher you go.

Alexri
06-24-2013, 04:42 PM
You are absolutely right with the "can be". I should rephrase and say they have the opportunity to be better. My main AR is around 1880 ego. I'm in no hurry to scrap that, as the rolls are incredible and I haven't found one yet to replace it (and not going to pay a small fortune for another with maybe 1 or 2 slightly better rolls). So yeah, statement retracted. Should read, Surprise, they do have a chance to get better.

Shields and grenades usually are better the higher you go.

Shields and grenades are indeed

I find it quite amusing how some people go about playing this game. I see a lot of people asking for legendary weapons of specific types in the trade section, without actually having a list of priorities for what the gun needs to have. Makes less than no sense since a white weapon can be better than an orange one in this game. Both my main weapons are blue, and I don't have my hopes up that I'll ever find anything better

shadowkin
06-24-2013, 04:47 PM
One time i said to my old boss, "everything green is good. My car is green (my old car), money is green, and weed is green" he leaned over to me and replied, "if u ever meet a girl with a green *****, don't invite me.". LOL.