PDA

View Full Version : Can "toxic" and "rad" effects stack?

Conceit
06-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Does anyone know? Also, does anyone know if these effects are exactly the same or if there is some difference?

Cavadus
06-24-2013, 01:17 PM
No, they don't stack.

The effects of the two nanos are identical. Later in alpha toxic was change to radioactive. Not everything was properly updated when they made the change.

Atticus Batman
06-24-2013, 01:18 PM
I know it's long but try this link. Btw it is a sticky thread, so it's easy to find.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?24199-The-quot-How-to-quot-Guide-For-when-your-in-the-Bay-area!

Conceit
06-24-2013, 01:46 PM
I know it's long but try this link. Btw it is a sticky thread, so it's easy to find.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?24199-The-quot-How-to-quot-Guide-For-when-your-in-the-Bay-area!

You know I went back through that thread not too long ago and I don't recall anything about stacking. I also believe one effect listed as "+20% damage" and the other listed as "increases damage" which leaves the door open to a slight difference.

I had also heard about the change in pre-lease before, but sense it is still in the game and the visual effests are different I thought "maybe?" Couldn't hurt to ask.

Atticus Batman
06-24-2013, 03:46 PM
simple answer is no stack. And nobody really knows if there is a difference. Devs say there is, gamers say there is not.

Truthfully it seems to be no actual answer either way.

Either take trion's answer that they are diff, or Cavadus answer that they aren't. I don't actually use either enough to know. He seems like he has, so perhaps he is right. about then being the same. But others say there is a small %difference. Again not sure but that thread is helpful for other stuff.

So use it for other questions and let's listen to Cavadus until somebody provides proof otherwise. Atleast that sounds like good advice.

Cavadus
06-24-2013, 03:52 PM
So use it for other questions and let's listen to Cavadus until somebody provides proof otherwise. Atleast that sounds like good advice.

There might be one slight difference and that is that toxic can possibly spread from the afflicted target to an unafflicted target when the two come in close proximity.

I've also heard (on these forums) that Radioactive increases damage taken by 25% while Toxic only increases it by 20%. Through some from-the-hip testing I've done they both appear the same to me (+25% damage while the target is afflicted).

I have seen the toxic proc graphical effect transfer from one target to another but I've never been fast enough to actually test the damage on the target it graphically passed to.

When they released the nano-effects guide on the website toxic was conspicuously absent which, in my mind, confirms that the existing toxic weapons and magazine mods are just leftovers from a sloppy transition to radioactive in late alpha.

As for what Trion says, lol. If Sledge is any indication I'm pretty sure none of them have ever actually played the game.