PDA

View Full Version : Things that bother me about the show and game

Darktide
06-25-2013, 01:58 AM
OK, No big slam on the show and game here but I wish they would get things working together. For example, in the show we are told that there is no flight for it is to dangerous because of the ark falls etc., yet in the game you crash in a very large ship.

In the game there is a lot of alien tech (guns etc) but very little in the show and the big one that really gets me.......There are more races then the Castithan and Irathient. Lets have more screen time for the other races and get to know them more please.

Escyos
06-25-2013, 02:47 AM
OK, No big slam on the show and game here but I wish they would get things working together. For example, in the show we are told that there is no flight for it is to dangerous because of the ark falls etc., yet in the game you crash in a very large ship.

That was a stratocarrier, its a massive thing and probably very well shielded against arkfall debris and radiation. Plus it was flying fairly low, golden gate is 227 meters tall and the stratocarrier passed over a low area.

In the game there is a lot of alien tech (guns etc) but very little in the show and the big one that really gets me.......There are more races then the Castithan and Irathient. Lets have more screen time for the other races and get to know them more please.

Yes, because there are a) more arkfalls in that area and b) a major technology corporation just supplied a massive amount tech to that area.

jbob spittlewop
06-25-2013, 02:59 AM

Defiance is a civilian colony established out side both the votanus collective and E Rep, the supply of weapons and such are scarce hence the smuggling by datek in an earlier episode. Most of he other alien races are enemy mobs, dakuso for example is the only gulanee seen in either the game or show, raiders have almost all races excluding castithan, which make up the majority of dark matter I believe.

Darktide
06-25-2013, 03:25 AM
Well that's me told lol.

Always helps to have your thoughts answered. Thanks people

Ghost MLP
06-25-2013, 05:25 AM
About the flying. If you remember from the side mission A.R.M. the Troops near the beginning of the game the terraforming left the entire planet covered in radiation, going all the way down to the ground. Lore I got out of the mission is that with regular medication you can live like a person for a long and healthy life, but if you don't get it, you start mutating, like into the mutants around Mt. Tam. It's also mentioned that EGO mitigates the radiation in Ark Hunters, so we're immune, so it's also safe to assume Dark Matter is also immune because they also have EGOs.

It's also mentioned that the radiation severely hampers radio transmissions ot the point of near uselessness. Late in the game you're at the bottom of SF at the radio tower and it takes Cass a boatload of ad-hoc'ing to boost that signal to travel only 6 KM to Grant in Mt. Tam, who says the signal is still only feint.

I don't think the radiation threat to air travel is that it's going to kill you as much as if you got hundreds of aircraft traveling hundreds of kilometers up in the air no one is going to be able to communicate with anyone which will lead to a too high risk of crashes.

The random and unpredictable nature of ark falls is just the icing on the cake.

That's what I pulled out of it, I could be wrong.

Edit: Also, if gulanite is the primary source of fuel, so far there hasn't been much mention of it's stability in high altitudes or when being bounced around by turbulence. I'm sure a military stratocarrier is certainly going to have a better containment system than any commercial craft ever would.

Era
06-25-2013, 06:01 AM

The Stratocarrier was low flying when it was shot down and more importantly it was a reinforced military craft.

There isn't a lot of combat in the show but we've seen that Votan gun used to take out the Charger, charge blades, medial equipment, nanites, and other tech.

The other VC races are less common than Casti and Irath by far canonically. While I agree that they need more screen time there have been several Indogene major characters, a few liberata minor characters, and a Sensoth minor character.