PDA

View Full Version : Steam Pre-Orders have Soared!

Ambic
03-25-2013, 09:27 AM
The steam pre-orders have jumped up to 85%! Looks like we might be getting those extra rewards afterall. If you haven't pre-ordered already, pre-order on steam. Steam offers way more rewards than any other retailer, and it looks like we'll be getting at least some of them :)

Freygea
03-25-2013, 09:31 AM
:cool: Cool beans!

FizzyMyNizzy
03-25-2013, 09:53 AM
At least we hitting for the first reward. =D But I think on the weekend it will go up even more.

ironhands
03-25-2013, 09:57 AM
looks like tier 1 will be hit, and I'm hoping it's because of positive feedback from the beta experience. I would have ordered with steam but I'm broke and bought it somewhere else on sale. I'll be making up the difference with a bits purchase, and probably end up with the same amount of extras. Really, the inventory boost is the only good thing on it I think for tier 1, and that's a cheap buy on the bits shop

Warspawn
03-25-2013, 10:04 AM
So...if we've gotten the Deluxe Edition with the +5 inventory slot, and hit tier 1, that's an extra +5? 10 extra inventory slots will be nice :)

Defy
03-25-2013, 10:10 AM
yeah 85%

looking good

Flatlinedisaster
03-25-2013, 10:13 AM
if steam will advertise it on the main page it will go up a lot

kirix
03-25-2013, 10:15 AM
dont forget that alot of the pre order stuff is just fluff.

but good to see alot more pc playerbase :D.

also the atex growler is buyable from the ingame store. and the dodge challanger is the fastest car ingame with pre orders so :D.

Shismar
03-25-2013, 10:16 AM
So...if we've gotten the Deluxe Edition with the +5 inventory slot, and hit tier 1, that's an extra +5? 10 extra inventory slots will be nice :)
I expect so. And those 10 slots are really really valuable until higher ego levels.

I am hopeful the first reward will be reached. Any more would be a big surprise though. The game just came onto Steam too late.

Muzzah
03-25-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm waiting till my payday on thursday to pre order on steam. Does anyone know if i will miss out on rewards if it ticks over?

Chuck Zitto
03-25-2013, 10:19 AM
I am just not a fan of steam. Mine constantly has issues. Half the time it refuses to go to online mode saying I have no internet connection even though I have a 38 meg connection that almost never drops for any reason. Starting to wonder if I should even be getting it for pc at all seeing as how the player base is now gonna be split even more. Having it between pc xbox and ps3 means less players to play with. Now its gonna be split between pc xbox ps3 and steam pc. I was already having a serious issue on the beta weekend trying to get pvp matches started cus my shard apprently didn't have many people on it.

GarfrostPAX
03-25-2013, 10:22 AM
Now its gonna be split between pc xbox ps3 and steam pc.
No, just no.

The Steam client is the same as the regular PC client. They both connect to the same servers.

Warspawn
03-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Steam PC will be playing with other PC gamers. You'll just download and gateway to the Trion servers thru Steam, which might prove a bit quicker to get in versus everyone else hitting Trion's download servers. I actually was able to install and patch up the release client through Steam during beta....

Darkeus
03-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Well, it has been as high as the fifth top seller on Steam to where it is now at number 15. Not too bad I must say. At least level one will be hit. I know I did my part. :p

Muzzah
03-25-2013, 10:25 AM
NVM question is void now

Warspawn
03-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Negative. Steam PC players will be with Gamestop, Best Buy, Trion direct purchases, ect.

(was in response to Muzzah, above)

Warspawn
03-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Hmm, you can set up a desktop icon for Defiance thru steam, it's

steam://rungameid/224600

Shismar
03-25-2013, 10:42 AM
I expect to be able to start Defiance without going through Steam. The CD key is registered with Trion and should allow download and install from there as well.

The Steam download seems to be gone, btw., no idea what that client really was. It did ask me for an installation path though which I do not think is typical for Steam games?

Warspawn
03-25-2013, 10:51 AM
I expect to be able to start Defiance without going through Steam. The CD key is registered with Trion and should allow download and install from there as well.

The Steam download seems to be gone, btw., no idea what that client really was. It did ask me for an installation path though which I do not think is typical for Steam games?

I hope we can; after I downloaded and updated the release client, there was a 'play' button on the Defiance/Steam page in my library. It did put a desktop icon with the Steam path I noted above...

Diggot
03-25-2013, 10:56 AM
My game-retailer, and all other retailers i checked are SOLD OUT on the Collectors Edition. So i had to go buy Deluxe on Steam. It's a shame cuz i would've liked to have the retail version. Maybe if it goes BIG, i will spend additional money on a retail collectors edition as well...

Why not.. i spend 160$ on Diablo-III, and that was a waste.

Delte
03-25-2013, 11:08 AM
I got a pre-order after playing some of the last beta event. This game has a lot more depth to it than CCP's Dust 514.

Freygea
03-25-2013, 11:17 AM
ok call me crazy..I just preordered the standard version only cause I want to order the season pass later..

Am i crazy? I usually order the best of the best in the past. (lotro,sto collectors edition etc)...but for some reason I am thinking the standard with the seasons pass is good enough?

Bah now wondering if I should go ahead and order the deluxe upgrade from steam lol

yesiamghost
03-25-2013, 11:21 AM
ok call me crazy..I just preordered the standard version only cause I want to order the season pass later..

Am i crazy? I usually order the best of the best in the past. (lotro,sto collectors edition etc)...but for some reason I am thinking the standard with the seasons pass is good enough?

Bah now wondering if I should go ahead and order the deluxe upgrade from steam lol

If you think you'll have lots of fun playing this game, why not? Go for it! :) I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition myself and have no regrets whatsoever. That's even before I played in the AMB3.

Warspawn
03-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Lock box, +5 inventory, Hydra Rocket Launcher, Shield, 30 days worth of extra XP and Scrip...

Had to go Deluxe. Now that we're about to hit the first level, that +5 inventory becomes +10 :)

MacDeath
03-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Watch steam orders SKYROCKET as they pass 100% of tier 1

Fascion
03-25-2013, 11:41 AM

Bah now wondering if I should go ahead and order the deluxe upgrade from steam lolNaw, you're not crazy. Well, unless you pre-ordered through Steam... :P

I say that...

If, by some miracle, rewards 2 and three are unlocked, I may eat my words. I just can't help but think that the tier'd rewards for this one are a bit cheesy, especially if you can save a little money buying it elsewhere.

Reward #1? A decent title... that half the game population will be sporting. A couple dollars worth of inventory space. And what may or may not be an exclusive skin for a vehicle you get for free anyways.

Reward #2 is where it gets a little more interesting. If you're a fan of Rift and don't actually own this already, I could see that being a good thing. Me, I'll just wait for it to go up for $10 on sale.

Reward #3 would likely make paying the extra money actually worth it, assuming you intend to support Defiance, come hell or high water. Another couple of bucks saved on inventory space. A lockbox that will contain a good item for maybe 1:50 players. The free Nomad will save you 5k Skrip or so. But the real question is... just how much of a discount are we looking at for the season pass? If only $5 or so, I don't think it's worth it. At $10, it is starting to sound good. Anything beyond that and it's a pretty good deal... again assuming you were going to blindly buy it already.

So, apologies to the PC community... but I had to go the GreenManGaming route. I'll have to invest the money saved into inventory slots anyhow, but I should end up with a fair bit more this way. :x

Also, as a heads up to anyone else who might read this and consider doing the same... a few things of note:
- GMG doesn't expressly mention offering the Charger for pre-order, but it is my understanding that any pre-order from any retailer grants you this.
- You won't get the Steam-exclusive "Phoenix" sniper rifle, either. Instead, you get "Legionnaire" which I don't actually know what is. (please be a shotgun, please be a shotgun, please be a shotgun!)
- You will likely also have to buy the Season Pass/DLC through Trion or a non-Steam retailer, as this game doesn't force you to use Steam.
- GMG's website lists 7-day Scrip/XP boosters, while Steam lists 30-day. I feel like this is just an error/old info, but you've been warned.

skullmount4
03-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Naw, you're not crazy. Well, unless you pre-ordered through Steam... :P

I say that...

If, by some miracle, rewards 2 and three are unlocked, I may eat my words. I just can't help but think that the tier'd rewards for this one are a bit cheesy, especially if you can save a little money buying it elsewhere.

Reward #1? A decent title... that half the game population will be sporting. A couple dollars worth of inventory space. And what may or may not be an exclusive skin for a vehicle you get for free anyways.

Reward #2 is where it gets a little more interesting. If you're a fan of Rift and don't actually own this already, I could see that being a good thing. Me, I'll just wait for it to go up for $10 on sale.

Reward #3 would likely make paying the extra money actually worth it, assuming you intend to support Defiance, come hell or high water. Another couple of bucks saved on inventory space. A lockbox that will contain a good item for maybe 1:50 players. The free Nomad will save you 5k Skrip or so. But the real question is... just how much of a discount are we looking at for the season pass? If only $5 or so, I don't think it's worth it. At $10, it is starting to sound good. Anything beyond that and it's a pretty good deal... again assuming you were going to blindly buy it already.

Yeah, reward #2 is kinda useless (at least for me. Rift is still P2P, isn't it?). I really hope we get tier 3, but as long as we get tier 1 I'll be happy. Bought DDE from steam, changed it from physical CE PC version from GameStop, after seeing that Steam has all the same preorder bonuses plus more (if we can unlock them).

Runeclaw
03-25-2013, 11:51 AM
After I played Defiance during the Beta weekend I did pre-order it. But I went with Green Man Gaming as the price was only $48 there with the discount instead of Steam's €49 ($61).

Unfortunately this means I will not get the pre-order bonus that the Steam buyers get, nor does my pre-order add to the bar and unlocks the next tier. I assume Trion Worlds have some deal with Steam as this system helps them get more pre-orders, but it is annoying that I am punished for using other official retailers even when buying for the same platform.

Iorkca
03-25-2013, 11:57 AM
just to let people know who are aprehensive about buying from steam, you do not have to download it through steam and play i through there after you put the codes in at trion you can download the game direct from trion you don't have to download it through steam. So there is no point in not getting it from steam if your paying the same price.

Warspawn
03-25-2013, 12:02 PM
One good thing is that if you get it through Steam, you have the option to download and update it there, OR direct from Trion. Pick the fastest opion and run with it :)

I was able to click 'play' during beta on my Steam page, and the game updated and tried to log into the release servers (which were down...but the update was about 2 hrs which may save me some time on the 2nd).

EdgeTW
03-25-2013, 12:28 PM

If you own a retail copy of the game through Steam, you must use Steam to load the client. This was discussed in detail by the developers during one of the recent live streams. I'm not wild about this as Steam tends to get flaky during it's Summer/Winter sale periods, but it is what it is.

All other PC users go through the normal Defiance login patcher only.

just to let people know who are aprehensive about buying from steam, you do not have to download it through steam and play i through there after you put the codes in at trion you can download the game direct from trion you don't have to download it through steam. So there is no point in not getting it from steam if your paying the same price.

As far as playing it goes, this is incorrect. See above.

wolfenhunter2010
03-25-2013, 01:48 PM
i looked on steam page and i didn't see defiance up there anymore :( so i think tier 1 reward that's it but on resident evil 6 it looked like they were not going to make the rewards 3 and i think 2 or 3 days before game was out maybe even more the rewards 3 was reached there is always the chance ever so slight of massive pre-orders right on the last day as well as a few days before. i had hoped we would reach tier 3 just for 7 day xp boost but you never know and i missed all beta action even know i pre- ordered i don't even care i want the awsome polished finished game with my awesome start and rewards, but for me i had to borrow money for gas move bills around and was even at the point i was willing to ride a bike 6 miles to work for 2 weeks just to afford game on a tight budget. so getting tier 3 it could still happen it did on re6 and maybe like me alot of people in the poor class of society are waiting for the cash to from there pay checks or are saving for it. i have already talked to almost everyone at my job that pc games and all my friends on steam that i could get time to chat about game i myself am working very hard to market this companies game effectively for the pc gaming community so that we will reach tier 3 i hope others are doing the same i can get us to tier 3 rewards by my self ;) so lets all try to market the pc version of this game to all we know and as one voice in chat and person we can reach tier 3 rewards. yea!!! oh and also i want to build a awesome stealth class for bosses and pvp using stealth ego and a awesome guided rocket launcher for rapid fire rocket deployment on single targets so i can nuke them its a dream of mine lol.

Corun
03-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Does anyone know if a person preorders when the reward is at tier 1 rewards, will they get the tier 3 rewards if the preorder progess hits the tier 3 mark after they preorder? Because I think that confusion might be blocking some from preordering.

Far_Too_Jones
03-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Does anyone know if a person preorders when the reward is at tier 1 rewards, will they get the tier 3 rewards if the preorder progess hits the tier 3 mark after they preorder? Because I think that confusion might be blocking some from preordering.

i'm pretty sure as long as you pre-order it, you'll get all 3 marks if the sales numbers surpass it. But I've been wrong before.

Dauder
03-25-2013, 01:59 PM
i'm pretty sure as long as you pre-order it, you'll get all 3 marks if the sales numbers surpass it. But I've been wrong before.

That is correct. As long as you preorder before the game is live you get all of the unlocked rewards. it happened with me on Bioshock Infinite - I didn't preorder until just this weekend and I still got all the unlocks.

Senel
03-25-2013, 02:02 PM
I'm pulling my gamestop pre-order to buy it digitally either from trion or steam. If steam breaks the first reward tier then i'll buy it with steam i'm gonna pretty much wait till last minute to put my money down though.

wolfenhunter2010
03-26-2013, 09:16 AM

yes i have found my self asking that question orders will be back filled once tier 3 is unlocked so that basically means if you preorder now or after reward 3 is unlocked you will get all rewards that are unlocked and any more that are unlocked after they have reached that tier so yes. go head pre order no worries you will get all that is unlocked before game is released April 2nd.

wolfenhunter2010
03-26-2013, 09:24 AM
I'm pulling my gamestop pre-order to buy it digitally either from trion or steam. If steam breaks the first reward tier then i'll buy it with steam i'm gonna pretty much wait till last minute to put my money down though.

go head and pre order we will hit tier 1 no problem its already at 92 percent so it going tier 1 and i think we might make tier 2 as it gets close to the release dat, because resident evil 6 i watched about 2 weeks before game was out and its rewards went all the way to tier 3 just 3 or 4 days before game was out even know it looked as if it wouldn't make it the truth is we haven't made it tier 3 yet because there will be alot of last minute pre orders due to pay checks and pay periods from peoples jobs. i had to borrow money for gas just so i could get this game on a limited budget :) plus i am posting on Facebook and other sites and steam talking to everyone i can to get this game pc. so far its helping. just watch steam store at the end of Friday night most people get paid on Fridays the rewards unlock will jump a lot and i bet Monday next week before games out it will rocket rewards up from tons of last minute pre orders who had to work hard to get the money to get this game.

wolfenhunter2010
03-26-2013, 09:41 AM
make sure all who want to see tier 3 rewards unlocked are talking, posting, and chating up anyone they know who has a PC so we can basically sell out the steam version of this game with pre orders so tier 3 can be reached. this will call for a lot of patience and hard work on the gaming community but if you just sit and wait we will not reach tier 3 rewards i majored in digital tv and video production and advertising was a core role in that field making commercials that sold a product. try posting on face books of friends because if u post on there face book it will show it to all there friends who may get existed and post it on theirs and soon a web is formed that stretches across the internet making tier 3 a reality.:cool: another thing let people know for the first time in gaming history i may be wrong but playing defiance will affect the way they film the TV show giving gamers the chance to have interaction with things that will be taking place in the real world along side the game. that alone could help sell game but aim for PC sells and tell people about the rewards system and how we will be better off the ps3 and Xbox 360 because of that. also share more about the games weapons and even that, one thing Ive told people, is that this game is so amazing because it takes the best parts of black ops 2 shooting genre and borderlands 2 style of a apocalyptic world and more guns then most traditional games and to top it off its better then mag for ps3 because there will be more then hundreds of players... no thousands even better making it truly a massive multilayer game is your mouth watering yet. when i saw this video on you tube mine was try placing this link on Facebook and steam accounts to boost sales for pc

here is link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snS4XSpAZp0 this video sold me on game

stasujin
03-27-2013, 05:54 PM

Arnt you the person who said the game sux and not getting it? troll much

Mur
03-27-2013, 06:00 PM
i looked on steam page and i didn't see defiance up there anymore :( so i think tier 1 reward that's it but on resident evil 6 it looked like they were not going to make the rewards 3 and i think 2 or 3 days before game was out maybe even more the rewards 3 was reached there is always the chance ever so slight of massive pre-orders right on the last day as well as a few days before. i had hoped we would reach tier 3 just for 7 day xp boost but you never know and i missed all beta action even know i pre- ordered i don't even care i want the awsome polished finished game with my awesome start and rewards, but for me i had to borrow money for gas move bills around and was even at the point i was willing to ride a bike 6 miles to work for 2 weeks just to afford game on a tight budget. so getting tier 3 it could still happen it did on re6 and maybe like me alot of people in the poor class of society are waiting for the cash to from there pay checks or are saving for it. i have already talked to almost everyone at my job that pc games and all my friends on steam that i could get time to chat about game i myself am working very hard to market this companies game effectively for the pc gaming community so that we will reach tier 3 i hope others are doing the same i can get us to tier 3 rewards by my self ;) so lets all try to market the pc version of this game to all we know and as one voice in chat and person we can reach tier 3 rewards. yea!!! oh and also i want to build a awesome stealth class for bosses and pvp using stealth ego and a awesome guided rocket launcher for rapid fire rocket deployment on single targets so i can nuke them its a dream of mine lol.

Ok, I am going to match this reply post with something similar.

Dana dmwmd masked aksjowdnd disks owned ****inson dmdkosonw smacks djdiienen dkdoojdnd dkdeodjmekeodkcdoospochrnd d judge defied do Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat Dues aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum!

Ollam
03-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Ok, I am going to match this reply post with something similar.

Dana dmwmd masked aksjowdnd disks owned ****inson dmdkosonw smacks djdiienen dkdoojdnd dkdeodjmekeodkcdoospochrnd d judge defied do Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat Dues aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum!

Wow someone woke up on the wrong side of bed it seems. So what if someone writes in a large block, you don't like it don't read it. No cause to be rude to them.

Katzy
03-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Do Steam Pre-Orderers get benefits that people who Pre-Ordered from the Defiance weapon don't get? D:

NinthPrejudice
03-27-2013, 06:45 PM
Do Steam Pre-Orderers get benefits that people who Pre-Ordered from the Defiance weapon don't get? D:

If you mean if Steam pre-orders get benefits that pre-orders from other retailers don't get, then yeah, Steam gets some extra rewards. But to my knowledge, you can save some money by buying from retailers like Greenmangaming, and with the savings, you can reinvest in the cash shop.

ThatDirtyShisno
03-27-2013, 06:55 PM
What does it mean then lol?

NinthPrejudice
03-27-2013, 06:58 PM
You guys do know that the rewards will be backfilled so even after the game comes out any purchases go towards the rewards still

I doubt it since the rewards are for pre-purchases only.

EdgeTW
03-27-2013, 07:00 PM
You guys do know that the rewards will be backfilled so even after the game comes out any purchases go towards the rewards still

Again (you mentioned this elsewhere), that's not what they mean by backfilled. What they're saying is that if you pre-order the game after a tier of rewards has already been unlocked, you'll still be given the rewards in those unlocked tiers despite not having a hand in unlocking them. The key word there is "pre-order", though. Once the game goes live the pre-order offer is removed and no new purchase will be rewarded with those bonuses (nor will any future purchases count towards further tier goals).

On April 2nds that bar forever stops moving and whatever lays beyond it is gone for good.

ThatDirtyShisno
03-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Again (you mentioned this elsewhere), that's not what they mean by backfilled. What they're saying is that if you pre-order the game after a tier of rewards has already been unlocked, you'll still be given the rewards in those unlocked tiers despite not having a hand in unlocking them. The key word there is "pre-order", though. Once the game goes live the pre-order offer is removed and no new purchase will be rewarded with those bonuses (nor will any future purchases count towards further tier goals).

On April 2nds that bar forever stops moving and whatever lays beyond it is gone for good.

well thanks for that because several ppl told me elsewhere thats what it meant but I see they were dead wrong.

FizzyMyNizzy
03-27-2013, 07:05 PM

Lets say you order from steam now. You will get this:

Base Offer

Pre-Purchase and Receive

Get access to the Beta when available on Steam!
3 day xp boost
Outlander outfit
In game title: Iron Demon
Steam Exclusive Weapon “Phoenix” sniper rifle
Red Dodge Challenger

Reward 1

Everything Above, Plus:
Steam Exclusive Title “Steam Powered”
+5 inventory slots
A-Tex Growler
When Reward 2 is unlocked, you will get Free Copy of Rift: Storm Legion PLUS all the stuff up top.
When Reward 3 is unlocked, you will get Lock box, +5 additional inventory slots, 7 day XP boost, Discount off the Season Pass, RM Nomad M4, AND all the bonuses above.

you will get the whole 9 yards.

Guyonbench
03-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Currently at 37% into tier 2 right now. If it keeps this pace we will probably get tier 2, though I could care less about that reward. The positive thing is that there is a glimmer of hope for getting the tier 3 rewards if the preorder pace keeps up.

Guyonbench
03-27-2013, 07:07 PM
@FizzyMyNizzy

Dat sig, beat me to it.

FizzyMyNizzy
03-27-2013, 07:08 PM
@FizzyMyNizzy

Dat sig, beat me to it.

What a better way to market defiance for steam. =D LOL

Prophet of Entropy
03-27-2013, 07:11 PM
of course you get all the tiers if you pre-order before it becomes released. thats what they mean when they say "erything above plus:" they also say *rewards will be backfilled once we reach the next lvl.

also up to 38% for me

ANTI
03-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Wow someone woke up on the wrong side of bed it seems. So what if someone writes in a large block, you don't like it don't read it. No cause to be rude to them.

Actually I found Mur's translation much more succinct and easier to understand. Not all of us are as skilled as Mur at deciphering walls of text. Kudos to him for making my forum prowling that much more pleasant.

EdgeTW
03-27-2013, 07:22 PM
well thanks for that because several ppl told me elsewhere thats what it meant but I see they were dead wrong.

I see what you wrote and pair it with your avatar, and then I feel fear for your friends.

Please don't kill them.

Prophet of Entropy
03-27-2013, 07:37 PM
hope ninjutsu's post isnt correct but even if it is im not sure why it would be upping the pre-purchase rewards. since they didnt give out keys till just before the last beta and the reward bar was progressing. since thats what i care about, you know cause i dont work for steam or trion.

Nicheven
03-27-2013, 10:21 PM
I saw that rose suddenly ... Look at this.
Some people will hurt good people doing it .... ¬¬

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfH4r4iGq5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMXISYaAiNU

Call Trion to check it.

Anyone dumb enough to download that crap deserves to have their computers jacked with malware and trojans. Its way to easy to encrypt that stuff to bypass scanners.

Ambic
03-27-2013, 10:23 PM
If you downloaded that, you probably just got a keylogger and your account will most likely be compromised.

Guyonbench
03-28-2013, 12:24 AM
Currently 50% through tier 2. That means in about 12 hours tier 1 finnished off from about 83% to complete, and now half of tier 2 is done. That glimmer of hope is starting to turn into a shine.

Happy_Puppy
03-28-2013, 12:40 AM
Well I ordered 2 copys off steam, 1 for me and 1 for my son... I really hope we get all 3 unlocks, would like the extra 10 cargo slots

Guyonbench
03-28-2013, 01:52 AM
Well I ordered 2 copys off steam, 1 for me and 1 for my son... I really hope we get all 3 unlocks, would like the extra 10 cargo slots

Its at 53% right now. Went up 3% between 12:30 am and 1:45 am in the US, which should be mildly reassuring. Peak hours it really starts moving.

Over00
03-28-2013, 03:05 AM
WOW, those pre-orders have soared since I checked last night. Gets me hopeful for the tier III

Guyonbench
03-28-2013, 03:15 AM
Its gone up 3% more in the last hour and a half making it 56% into tier 2. Makes tier 3 look feasible.

FizzyMyNizzy
03-28-2013, 05:31 AM
Wow, it went up a lot over night. 61% now. =D I hope we finish Tier2 today. =D

JonasWP
03-28-2013, 06:27 AM
Well - just jumped the band-wagon and preordered deluxe on steam ;)

qiten
03-28-2013, 06:44 AM
Oh well...ordered from Trion and then saw this...always a day late and $99 short... I guess I'll live :)

HansKisaragi
03-28-2013, 06:57 AM
I hope this pre-purchase reward thing is live all the way until the game unlocks.. I don't get money until launch day.

FizzyMyNizzy
03-28-2013, 07:04 AM
I hope this pre-purchase reward thing is live all the way until the game unlocks.. I don't get money until launch day.

It stops when the game comes out. So, if you get money to your bank Monday, You will be fine. You could also use a Credit Card on Monday, and then wait couple of days later and pay it with your bank account.

rortiz
03-28-2013, 07:07 AM
Really hope we make reward 3!

Bud
03-28-2013, 07:35 AM
I bought the standard edition, from Steam because I'm cheap and I just want to play but I'm considerin' upgradin' to the deluxe, usin' the Steam upgrade.

Think upgradin' will affect the per-purchase shiney's bar?

Clarkeh
03-28-2013, 07:36 AM

The +5 from the EGO Ark Hunter thingymabob don't forget that! :D

EdgeTW
03-28-2013, 07:37 AM
I have a suspicion tier 2 is much smaller than either tier 1 or tier 3, and that tier 3 won't be moving as quickly. Who knows, though.

My thinking is that TRION wouldn't mind more people getting a copy of RIFT and possibly trying it out as a result, and so the that particular tier is purposely set low.

Warspawn
03-28-2013, 07:51 AM
+2 and +4 unlocked :D +10 for preorder and deluxe...

Yum...

HansKisaragi
03-28-2013, 07:55 AM
It stops when the game comes out. So, if you get money to your bank Monday, You will be fine. You could also use a Credit Card on Money, and then wait couple of days later and pay it with your bank account.

The game does not unlock until Tuesday 17:00 according to steam... and I only have VISa *shrugs* oh well.. il hope for the best..

maybe im lucky and i get my money on monday.

Flatlinedisaster
03-28-2013, 09:12 AM
woot woot rush tier 3!!! :)

Over00
03-28-2013, 09:13 AM
75% tier II!

mid9sun
03-28-2013, 11:41 PM
should have pre-ordered from steam instead of Trion directly, feel cheated some how :(

ten4
03-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Saved 10 bucks worth in taxes and at minimum I will be getting +5 inventory for the basic version....Steam is about the only way to go. Let's get this to 100% for another +5 inventory and discount on season pass, k? ;)

Prophet of Entropy
03-29-2013, 01:26 AM
should have pre-ordered from steam instead of Trion directly, feel cheated some how :(

yea why i cancled my trion order as soon as they announced thier steam preorder stuff. steam... really not a bad place to get stuff.

they may not always have the best deals, but doesnt mean they sometimes dont have some nice ones.

ego+steam+DDE= 21 extra free slots at lauch

25% complete tier3

Roark24601
03-29-2013, 04:29 AM
Once it hit tier 1, there was enough incentive for many people to start buying from Steam. Looks like Tier 3 will be hit Saturday...fingers crossed.

FizzyMyNizzy
03-29-2013, 05:10 AM
The game does not unlock until Tuesday 17:00 according to steam... and I only have VISa *shrugs* oh well.. il hope for the best..

maybe im lucky and i get my money on monday.

Yea, Charge it to your Visa Credit Card on Monday morning. It will give you some space to pay off your CC once you get your money.

Didn't sledge said the game comes out April 2nd 12:01AM EDT. Which is 9:01PM PDT April 1st.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?8916-Actual-quot-Launch-quot-Time&p=107094&viewfull=1#post107094

Pretty sure he means EDT. Since, he put 9:00PDT.

HansKisaragi
03-29-2013, 05:16 AM
Yea, Charge it to your Visa Credit Card on Monday morning. It will give you some space to pay off your CC once you get your money.

Didn't sledge said the game comes out April 2nd 12:01AM EDT. Which is 9:01PM PDT April 1st.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?8916-Actual-quot-Launch-quot-Time&p=107094&viewfull=1#post107094

Pretty sure he means EDT. Since, he put 9:00PDT.

My VISA is not a credit card sadly.. oh well

FizzyMyNizzy
03-29-2013, 05:18 AM

Damn it. =\

How about... paypal??.. =D
I think steam takes pp.

MacDeath
03-29-2013, 05:21 AM
If it is a debit card, that works too. I have used my debit card with Trion. To them it looks like a credit card, only difference is the bank sweeps my funds instantly.

FizzyMyNizzy
03-29-2013, 05:25 AM
If it is a debit card, that works too. I have used my debit card with Trion. To them it looks like a credit card, only difference is the bank sweeps my funds instantly.

He doesn't have the funds yet. I was hoping he does have CC so it kinda extend the time he could pay it off.

Dan3000au
03-29-2013, 05:39 AM
is that a joker cat <.<

FizzyMyNizzy
03-29-2013, 05:44 AM
is that a joker cat <.<

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lthhihJULx1r4alnuo1_500.jpg
lol, yea it is. I think some one posted it in 2011 or 2012 during Halloween.

Woot 32% =D

Dan3000au
03-29-2013, 05:56 AM
go STEAM GO lol i ordered it on there when it was 18% on reward one XD and sweet chat and i love the joker he is awesome always a laugh

FizzyMyNizzy
03-29-2013, 05:58 AM
go STEAM GO lol i ordered it on there when it was 18% on reward one XD and sweet chat and i love the joker he is awesome always a laugh

I order mine when on T1 around 12%. After ordering it, it went up to 13% couple of mins later, and then a friend order a copy. =D.

qiten
03-29-2013, 06:00 AM
Just cancelled my Trion purchase and ordered from Steam to "help you guys out" :)

Dan3000au
03-29-2013, 06:01 AM
i tryed playing global agenda today still crap gaming i was on there to pass the time and they havnt updated there game in 2 years wdf... lol any who what are you doing to pass the time other then making that sig every time it updates rofl

Just cancelled my Trion purchase and ordered from Steam to "help you guys out" :)

wait what awesome thank you, tho its abit sus you did that lol <.< i seeing alot of ppl doing it atm

FizzyMyNizzy
03-29-2013, 06:06 AM

Welcome to the Dark Side. =D

33% WOOT!!!! Feels like the apple store. clap clap clap. lol

Dan3000au
03-29-2013, 06:07 AM
Do not clap it will bring the claptraps!@!!

and woot 10 pages XD

HansKisaragi
03-29-2013, 06:22 AM
Damn it. =\

How about... paypal??.. =D
I think steam takes pp.

Paypal still takes funds from my VISA, steam does not support Bill Me Later.

Tis not like its the end of the world. those pre-order stuff gets replaced quickly.

Steam pre-order ends on tuesday so i might get lucky.

Dan3000au
03-29-2013, 06:29 AM
lets hope you do get lucky :)

Maddonious
03-29-2013, 06:31 AM
Dang I remember when it was so difficult to get it past reward 1 and I look away for a few days and its already past tier 2 o.0. The beta did wonders for its sells as well as steam slapping it on their front page. I think we just might be able to get tier 3 done with a bit more of a push.

Dan3000au
03-29-2013, 06:34 AM
i hope so i want the bag slots lol ^^ the car is a bonus but i get the dodge as well so ill have lots of transport + the dodge is 2 person XD oh ya tho i want a 4 person transport some day so getting around with my friends will be easyer

Deimos
03-29-2013, 06:46 AM
Kind of sucky that not only do you get the basic preorder stuff from everywhere else but also this. If Trion was fair they'd withdraw the basic package from steam.

Guyonbench
03-29-2013, 06:48 AM
Kind of sucky that not only do you get the basic preorder stuff from everywhere else but also this. If Trion was fair they'd withdraw the basic package from steam.

Its an added incentive, its not supposed to be fair :P

Deimos
03-29-2013, 06:52 AM
None of the bonus rewards are that appealing if you've played the game anyway.

FizzyMyNizzy
03-29-2013, 06:57 AM

But Trion sell to g2play, and g2play is offer people discounted price for the same trion pre-order items.

look like they up the price back to $40 today. http://www.g2play.net/store/Defiance-Digital-Download.html

In the Marketing world. There is no fair.

Deimos
03-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Personally, I don't get the blatant free advertising you're all giving Steam. Steam will take a cut of what you buy Defiance for, while the full cost will go directly to Trion to support the game if you go via them. Such blatant linking and advertising via putting it in your signature is a bit crude to me, especially on the official forums.

Besides, Steam also has problems with hackers accessing your computer to, if this article (http://www.gamebreaker.tv/pc-games/ea-origin-hack/) is correct.

"In October, the same research group demonstrated something similar with Valve’s store platform, Steam. Attackers could set up URLs starting with “Steam:// to fool applications into thinking they were accessing safe code. Users were advised to turn off the automatic launching of Steam URLs to avoid the exploit."

Ballrazor
03-29-2013, 07:11 AM
You think Trion didn't look at the upside of putting it on steam? How about all the extra advertising they get through putting it on a major gaming site like steam?

The preorders absolutely rocketed after steam put it on the front page. All those extra customers buying the game that Trion probably wouldn't have reached with just their own advertising.

Every extra customer Trion get they can milk with the cash store and dlc for years to come. You have to realize that the initial sale of the game is only a portion of the money they stand to make and I'm pretty sure someone in Trion knew it would be a good idea. They aren't idiots.

Fiancee
03-29-2013, 07:17 AM
I dont understand the hate towards Steam. Its biggest online shop, social media for gamers, and excellent place for developers and players alike. Steam gives such a great overview of whole game industry, like what there is to hide, its what its.

Btw, everything get hacked. I mean everything, nothing is unhackable. Also Steam is just keeps growing when Steambox is released, no way Valve ****s it up.

Quiz
03-29-2013, 07:22 AM
I found out about the game because I saw it on Steam

DS Triggah
03-29-2013, 07:26 AM
Personally, I don't get the blatant free advertising you're all giving Steam. Steam will take a cut of what you buy Defiance for, while the full cost will go directly to Trion to support the game if you go via them. Such blatant linking and advertising via putting it in your signature is a bit crude to me, especially on the official forums.

Besides, Steam also has problems with hackers accessing your computer to, if this article (http://www.gamebreaker.tv/pc-games/ea-origin-hack/) is correct.

"In October, the same research group demonstrated something similar with Valve’s store platform, Steam. Attackers could set up URLs starting with “Steam:// to fool applications into thinking they were accessing safe code. Users were advised to turn off the automatic launching of Steam URLs to avoid the exploit."
dude im not hateing what your saying but beleive me when i say this trion using steam is a massive massive money maker for trion steam is massive and used by most pc gamers and to be honest i wouldnt be supprised if at least 30% of people that actually play the game are through steam :D its a good thing dont worry

FizzyMyNizzy
03-29-2013, 07:33 AM

I am going to keep it nice and simple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

===============

36%. I wonder will we finish T3 today. =D. Back to Bioshock Infinite.

Aerimus
03-29-2013, 08:21 AM

The reason is that if we advertise it, and more people sign up, we get all the rewards. Pretty simple isn't it. Oh, and it's working, as you can see. The best rewards are now from steam, and they're getting better!

Deimos
03-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Feel free to continue doing so, I doesn't mean I have to like it.

FourEyes
03-29-2013, 08:42 AM

As mentioned elsewhere, the increase in profit a company gets from utilizing Steam vastly - vastly - outweighs anything they might lose. If they didn't use Steam they'd be losing a significant amount of potential customers, not to mention publicity from sales and the like. On top of that Valve have a fantastic reputation when it comes to working with developers and have been repeatedly cited as very fair with the profit ratio they offer clients.

Hating a venue which has seen a huge increase to the game's population is a really odd stance to take.

Roark24601
03-29-2013, 08:58 AM
40% down, 60% to go...

And TGIF.

Warspawn
03-29-2013, 09:00 AM
Yeah, getting a few % every hour. Could hit tier 3 this evening at this rate; Sat at the latest :D

Ashnon
03-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Once t3 is unlocked , i would be interesting to see the influx of purchases knowing they will get all rewards.

Deimos
03-29-2013, 10:09 AM
One of the problems I have with steam is that is encourages a poor community for games it provides. It's part of the "culture of want", I want this now, I want free stuff I want to play this game. Steam pushes it in your face and gives you a cherry on top.

In the end the numbers for the game will be inflated by steam because people will try the game out, but then they will grow bored and move on to the next game and the numbers will drop, the company will begin to lose confidence and we all know the problems that come with that.

You may think it's odd, but yeah there may be an increase in a games population but this only short term, I'm thinking long term. Giving people everything they want will inevitably lead to them getting upset because there's nothing else to do in the game, because you got given that expensive cool looking car, you got given that awesome weapon and outfit etc.

It's basically, "Here have all this cool stuff, now take a look at all the cool stuff you can get in this game" and so on. You wonder why communities in mmos are degrading? It's because they no longer have to work for stuff as all you got to do is spend some cash and you have everything and people who don't spend the cash will grow tired or pissed at those flouting all the stuff that other person got given.

There's countless mmos that fit this description and personally I want it to stop and I'd rather like it to stop with Defiance. It's already starting though, look at the amount of people in this thread who have 2 or 3 posts and have only jump aboard because of the free stuff Steam is giving.

Corun
03-29-2013, 10:21 AM
You're right of course Deimos, but you also shouldn't assume that just because I for example preordered through Steam, fall into the same category of gamer that you ridicule. I am interested in Defiance for the story and the hope of finding a group of like-minded RP-ers who also enjoy the TV series as well. The extra rewards are nice, but are definitely not why I will be logging into Defiance on Tuesday morning.

Ashnon
03-29-2013, 10:29 AM

There's countless mmos that fit this description and personally I want it to stop and I'd rather like it to stop with Defiance. It's already starting though, look at the amount of people in this thread who have 2 or 3 posts and have only jump aboard because of the free stuff Steam is giving.

As a 3 poster I can tell you that steam had no influence for me what so ever. Trion did. I played Rift from beta until december and thought it was great, longest I had ever playayed an MMO continuously. It was through there that my beta invite was sent out and it was what I saw in beta that got me excited.

My post count may be down but as we have see post count isn't always a positive for the community. Many a 'Beta sucks I'm cancelling' posters have a higher count than I do by far. That is not to say that everyone is like me, and you are likely right that some of the low posters may have jumped in because of steam. That is not necessarily bad though. if even half of those that found the game through steam, and would likely not have found it any other way, stay for the long haul, it's a win for everyone.

Far_Too_Jones
03-29-2013, 10:40 AM

I get what your saying, but I don't think Trion is too worried about it. Heck even Liz has been linking the steam page every few hours on twitter and she works for Trion. i think they just want as many people to buy it as possible.

ten4
03-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Bought it through Steam for only one reason....+5-10 inventory space. Rest the junk that comes with it means nothing to me.

Over00
03-29-2013, 10:53 AM
46%. Safe to say happy +5 inventory slots everyone!

Darkeus
03-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Looks like a good pace!

Matt Treck
03-29-2013, 11:05 AM
Has anyone that's pre-ordered through Steam gotten their copy of RIFT yet?

FourEyes
03-29-2013, 11:06 AM
words

You're inventing problems and using Steam as a scapegoat for them. There have been zero - zero - examples of Steam being the reason for a game's failure, or the negativity of its audience. Perhaps Gabe Newell kicked your dog or something, but from an objective viewpoint there are no downsides to a Steam release. Trion have built up confidence and goodwill with their work on Rift, that's what is most important to people.

You seem to be under the impression ordering via Steam gives everyone everything in the game. It's not even a tiny fraction of the items available, for scrip or for Bits. Did you actually look at the in-game store?

It's also really funny you're playing the "people with only a couple of posts" card given you only registered last month. Lets not go throwing around any illusions of veterancy and loyalty just yet.

Far_Too_Jones
03-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Has anyone that's pre-ordered through Steam gotten their copy of RIFT yet?

I'd assume we dont get the rewards til the pre-order finishes.

Xiiego94
03-29-2013, 11:08 AM
You're inventing problems and using Steam as a scapegoat for them. There have been zero - zero - examples of Steam being the reason for a game's failure, or the negativity of its audience. Perhaps Gabe Newell kicked your dog or something, but from an objective viewpoint there are no downsides to a Steam release. Trion have built up confidence and goodwill with their work on Rift, that's what is most important to people.better than EA's excuse of a Steam, Origins or whatever...

DustOfDeath
03-29-2013, 11:08 AM
i guess the sales didnt boost at all, rather they magicall yreduced the max number required to reach the tier 3...

Matt Treck
03-29-2013, 11:11 AM
I'd assume we dont get the rewards til the pre-order finishes.

It could be specific with this game, but every other game I've pre-ordered that had a game as a bonus I received as soon as the reward was unlocked.

Dodge
03-29-2013, 11:13 AM
Just jumped ship to steam aswell last time I checked the place the rewards for phase 1 was only at 14% rofl, every little helps as Tesco's says hey.

LuLu
03-29-2013, 11:27 AM
I pre-ordered right after trying out the beta. Went for the deluxe version on Steam because I use Steam for.. well.. everything. Since MSN went to skype.. Steams been my main chat client that I can just hit shift tab to talk instead of alt tabbing out. Granted the chat goes down for various reasons but its still been pretty reliable for me.

Also.. So close to tier 3 rewards DX

FourEyes
03-29-2013, 11:31 AM
I pre-ordered right after trying out the beta. Went for the deluxe version on Steam because I use Steam for.. well.. everything.

This is the motivation for a lot of people, really. Other than Deimos up there I can't think of anyone who genuinely believes a few extra inventory slots via Steam is going to be the reason people pony up for the game. If they weren't interested before then a couple of cosmetic things aren't going to sway them.

Darkeus
03-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Yeah, Steam is my go to for games on the PC so that is why I used Steam to pre-order. That is pretty much it.... :)

Deimos
03-29-2013, 03:44 PM
You're inventing problems and using Steam as a scapegoat for them. There have been zero - zero - examples of Steam being the reason for a game's failure, or the negativity of its audience. Perhaps Gabe Newell kicked your dog or something, but from an objective viewpoint there are no downsides to a Steam release. Trion have built up confidence and goodwill with their work on Rift, that's what is most important to people.

You seem to be under the impression ordering via Steam gives everyone everything in the game. It's not even a tiny fraction of the items available, for scrip or for Bits. Did you actually look at the in-game store?

It's also really funny you're playing the "people with only a couple of posts" card given you only registered last month. Lets not go throwing around any illusions of veterancy and loyalty just yet.

I'd like to know how I'm inventing problems, the problems with mmo communities are well known and it's my opinion that services such as Steam have contributed to that problem, whether you agree or disagree is your prerogative. As to the mentioning of post counts, I was implying those who are pushing people to switch to steam are those who have very recently within the month, probably within days are pushing people to steam so they get their free stuff.

As for me, I didn't know about the game until I heard about it on Gamebreaker, I've played in both Alpha and Beta since and tried to contribute to the forum in my own way including setting up a thread for people to write biographies for the game.

I ordered direct from Trion and stayed with them so I'd say I've shown a bit more loyalty than those who have upped and cancelled to go with steam.

Matt Treck
03-29-2013, 04:03 PM
I'd like to know how I'm inventing problems, the problems with mmo communities are well known and it's my opinion that services such as Steam have contributed to that problem, whether you agree or disagree is your prerogative. As to the mentioning of post counts, I was implying those who are pushing people to switch to steam are those who have very recently within the month, probably within days are pushing people to steam so they get their free stuff.

As for me, I didn't know about the game until I heard about it on Gamebreaker, I've played in both Alpha and Beta since and tried to contribute to the forum in my own way including setting up a thread for people to write biographies for the game.

I ordered direct from Trion and stayed with them so I'd say I've shown a bit more loyalty than those who have upped and cancelled to go with steam.

I think the issue that you failed to mention is that Steam is not the only service that causes these problems. And by not mentioning that you've unintentionally made some people think that you are only attacking Steam.

In my completely honest opinion, as someone who uses Steam primarily. Meaning that if I have a choice to buy it on Steam and there is no major reason to buy it from someone else (such as a discount or whatever), I go with Steam because I already have everything else there. Not that it matters with a game like Defiance because once the code is applied to your Trion account you can download it from them directly. But any digital or physical service that provides pre-order bonus that are specifically limited to that service (Steam is a prime offender in this case), is using marketing tactics that are somewhat demented. You get more, literally, more, from pre-ordering Defiance from Steam. That's just wrong. And I was very surprised to see Trion go for this tier based service with Steam because it actively encourages people to pre-order from Steam instead of their own site. Personally it didn't effect me anyways because I was going to buy the Ultimate Edition from Gamestop (whom I hate with a passion). But decided to cancel because I didn't want to fork out the extra 70 bucks.

Ambic
03-29-2013, 04:04 PM
:O 62% to Unlock Tier 3!!!!!

FourEyes
03-29-2013, 04:06 PM
I'd like to know how I'm inventing problems,

You're babbling about loyalty (incredibly hypocritical given your own registration date) and have rambled on about issues that simply aren't the case with Steam. Trying to inflate your own reputation with mention of a thread you created isn't casting the spotlight you think it is.

If Trion were fussed about people ordering directly from them they wouldn't be the ones offering the Steam incentives. Valve don't influence that side of things - again, another problem you've invented and assigned the related to blame to those who had nothing to do with it. An opinion is one thing. Making stuff up and pretending you're more important than anyone else is just sad.

Steam aren't behind any of the negative effects you listed. They're not even related.

tl;dr because this is boring now: Trion are the reason Defiance is on Steam and the reason there are items associated with pre-ordering it there. Your registration date makes you no less a pillock than anyone else on the forum.

Deimos
03-29-2013, 04:30 PM
You're babbling about loyalty (incredibly hypocritical given your own registration date) and have rambled on about issues that simply aren't the case with Steam. Trying to inflate your own reputation with mention of a thread you created isn't casting the spotlight you think it is.

If Trion were fussed about people ordering directly from them they wouldn't be the ones offering the Steam incentives. Valve don't influence that side of things - again, another problem you've invented and assigned the related to blame to those who had nothing to do with it. An opinion is one thing. Making stuff up and pretending you're more important than anyone else is just sad.

Steam aren't behind any of the negative effects you listed. They're not even related.

tl;dr because this is boring now: Trion are the reason Defiance is on Steam and the reason there are items associated with pre-ordering it there. Your registration date makes you no less a pillock than anyone else on the forum.

You're right, you are tl;dr I've made like 4 or 5 posts and you've said I'm rambling. You've obviously not read a single thing I've written and don't understand the point I'm trying to make in regards to trolls coming in easily via steam and origin etc.

P.S - It was you who mentioned loyalty first not me, I just pointed out the amount of recent posts on this forum with like 3 or 4 posts who are trying in various threads to get people to switch to steam. Heck half your presence on this forum is you criticizing my opinions.

Enigma
03-29-2013, 04:34 PM
:O 62% to Unlock Tier 3!!!!!

I'm guessing around 15 hours from now, we will have Tier 3 or be at least at 94%.

Edit: My signature relates here.

Corun
03-29-2013, 04:43 PM
I believe the off-topic comments should be posted on a separate thread. Thanks

As far as the main thread is concerned, it's great to see so many have preordered so far. I'm digging the sig there, Enigma.

Bluntski
03-29-2013, 05:40 PM
67%

tell your friends!

Viciouz
03-29-2013, 05:54 PM
i think steam is on a timer and goes up according to time passed... they are deceiving you ... but it is to the steam buyers benefit :D

Enigma
03-29-2013, 05:59 PM
i think steam is on a timer and goes up according to time passed... they are deceiving you ... but it is to the steam buyers benefit :D

So what you're saying is..

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sKjnxmBPAXY/T416NJYletI/AAAAAAAAAFw/lT3tPjnUuKo/s1600/its_a_tarp.gif

Suikoden
03-29-2013, 06:06 PM
You're welcome all. I have purchased ;)

judge
03-29-2013, 06:09 PM
Hell yeh teir 3 almost unlocked

Suikoden
03-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Hell yeh teir 3 almost unlocked

When do we get the Steam code by the way? Or is it just like a regular Steam game?

I ask as I wanted to know how to associate it to be Trion account

Prophet of Entropy
03-29-2013, 06:15 PM
steam codes arent e-mailed to you they show up under links once you have defiance selected in your library.

Gelder
03-29-2013, 06:17 PM
This may sound like a silly question, but does the steam reward bonus also apply to the dexule edition or only to the standard edition?

Enigma
03-29-2013, 06:17 PM
When do we get the Steam code by the way? Or is it just like a regular Steam game?

I ask as I wanted to know how to associate it to be Trion account

Here this might help:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?6054-Steam-Pre-Order-Your-CD-KEY-location

This may sound like a silly question, but does the steam reward bonus also apply to the dexule edition or only to the standard edition?

It applies to the Deluxe Edition as well.

Suikoden
03-29-2013, 06:19 PM
Nvm, right side of Steam where it says CD Key, and then apply code in account (Trion)

JessZ
03-29-2013, 06:28 PM
This is awesome! You def can't complain about what we get for 60 bucks through steam. We get the atv, 4x4 and a charger!?!? On top of inventory slots, boosts and weapons!?!?!? My mind has just been blown!!!!!!!!!

Guyonbench
03-29-2013, 06:45 PM
This is awesome! You def can't complain about what we get for 60 bucks through steam. We get the atv, 4x4 and a charger!?!? On top of inventory slots, boosts and weapons!?!?!? My mind has just been blown!!!!!!!!!

Give it a minute. Someone will find something about it to complain about.

Mur
03-29-2013, 06:49 PM

They should give us a canine companion like that guy has in the Defiance show! You know, the one who can sing Johnny Cash songs.

Enigma
03-29-2013, 06:50 PM

Everyone who pre-orders gets the charger. On top of that... Uh.. Everyone who pre-ordered with Trion Worlds should get these same rewards because we clearly didn't check Steam and want to have a "fair" game!

Am I doing it right?

Archellion
03-29-2013, 07:12 PM
You get more, literally, more, from pre-ordering Defiance from Steam. That's just wrong. And I was very surprised to see Trion go for this tier based service with Steam because it actively encourages people to pre-order from Steam instead of their own site.

I don't see what's wrong with that. Steam was able to negotiate a better deal for it's customers, which frankly, I find pretty amazing. How in the the world do places like Game Stop or Best Buy or Fry's or wherever, have trouble out-negotiating... Steam? If there's anything wrong in this scenario, it's that multi-billion dollar corporations couldn't come up with a better deal for their customers.

Also, I don't think Trion really cares where you buy the game from - they get the same amount of money either way. Just so long as you're buying, they're happy. And so are we, cause we'll have more people to play with.

Rat2man
03-29-2013, 07:37 PM
How in the the world do places like Game Stop or Best Buy or Fry's or wherever, have trouble out-negotiating... Steam? If there's anything wrong in this scenario, it's that multi-billion dollar corporations couldn't come up with a better deal for their customers.

Can I take "They honestly dont care about the customers because they know they'll get sales" for 500, Arch?

And oh ya, umm, 73%!!!!!
:cool:

Nazaryx
03-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Well, the whole pre-order tier rewards are a fairly new setup, even for Steam, and its basically taking a page out of the Kickstarter playbook. Steam, being a digital-only distributor has a leg up on places like Game Stop because Steam can implement huge system wide changes very rapidly without any interrupt to service, and is literally built from the ground up for that exact purpose, where as a brick and mortar shop like Game Stop and Best Buy would naturally drag behind as they have to deal with all the logistics of getting all outlets on the same page for such a thing.

Even if you consider limiting such a thing to only their online stores, and only to digital download sales, Game Stop and other distributors simply cannot measure up to Steams CDN. If Game Stop did as much business online and had as much strain on their CDN as Steam, their online infrastructure would run and cry in the corner of the server room in the fetal position.

The truth of the matter is that, in this digital age, physical media and its distribution is obsolete, and Steam already has a 9 year head-start on digital media distribution.

74% No Trollin =P

GT3000
03-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Well, the whole pre-order tier rewards are a fairly new setup, even for Steam, and its basically taking a page out of the Kickstarter playbook. Steam, being a digital-only distributor has a leg up on places like Game Stop because Steam can implement huge system wide changes very rapidly without any interrupt to service, and is literally built from the ground up for that exact purpose, where as a brick and mortar shop like Game Stop and Best Buy would naturally drag behind as they have to deal with all the logistics of getting all outlets on the same page for such a thing.

Even if you consider limiting such a thing to only their online stores, and only to digital download sales, Game Stop and other distributors simply cannot measure up to Steams CDN. If Game Stop did as much business online and had as much strain on their CDN as Steam, their online infrastructure would run and cry in the corner of the server room in the fetal position.

The truth of the matter is that, in this digital age, physical media and its distribution is obsolete, and Steam already has a 9 year head-start on digital media distribution.

74% No Trollin =P

You can claim that physical media is dead when the best selling PC title is the World of Warcraft, and the most units moved by a single game is The Sims which until a few years ago was purely on disk. With consoles putting out an average of 15 million to 25 million copies. Is DD the way of future? Probably, I don't like that Steam basically holds your games hostage but I have over 2500 dollars in my account alone, so I probably shouldn't talk.

Mur
03-29-2013, 08:16 PM
You can claim that physical media is dead when the best selling PC title is the World of Warcraft, and the most units moved by a single game is The Sims which until a few years ago was purely on disk. With consoles putting out an average of 15 million to 25 million copies. Is DD the way of future? Probably, I don't like that Steam basically holds your games hostage but I have over 2500 dollars in my account alone, so I probably shouldn't talk.

Physical media is on life support.

GT3000
03-29-2013, 08:22 PM
Physical media is on life support.

Citation? :)

Enigma
03-29-2013, 08:24 PM
One day, there will be no physical media. When that day comes, you best remember the answer to life is 42, or else you're going to be screwed.

Mur
03-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Citation? :)

Sorry, you are right.

"Physical media is on life support."

- Mur

Nazaryx
03-29-2013, 08:34 PM
One day, there will be no physical media. When that day comes, you best remember the answer to life is 42, or else you're going to be screwed.

Just as long as something reminds me not to panic in big bold friendly looking letters. But nobody is putting a fish in my ear. I draw the line there.

Edit: I figure its worth mentioning that I just restarted my steam to pick up a beta steam update, and I had my copy of Storm Legion when it started back up. And it is the Bundle (Rift AND Storm Legion). Yay free $50 gift.
76%

Dan3000au
03-29-2013, 09:33 PM
sweet i can not wait to have all the extras here i love bag space i had so much problems in beta untill they gave me 4000 bits XD