PDA

View Full Version : lvling system

exxcess
03-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Does anyone know how the EGO system actually works? I jumped by like 10 EGO rating every time is there a scale somewhere of how it actually is calculated?

Brezick
03-25-2013, 09:52 AM
You have an yellow EXP bar somewhere on the UI. When that filles, you get 10 EGO rating. I do not know the amount of EXP needed.

Also, weapon proficiency skills give you 4 EGO rating for each level.

And pursuits give you EGO ratings.

Archangel
03-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Does anyone know how the EGO system actually works? I jumped by like 10 EGO rating every time is there a scale somewhere of how it actually is calculated?

I would do a search through the forums for the answer if possible.

I dont think there is a full FAQ about the ego levels.

Things i know that effect your ego score can be but are not limited too:

Main missions
Episode Missions
Side Missions
Co-op Dungeons
PVP
Shadow Wars
Pursuits
PVE content and leveling
Leveling weapons
Using different weapons to unlock their pursuits

Could be more but all these will add to your ego score in different numerical increments. 10, or 4, or 5. They do vary. I just dont know what.

Grimwyrd
03-25-2013, 10:42 AM
I made a progression FAQ video that may help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaCyfLIpK2k

But the short answer is this... your EGO-rating is made of three types of advancement:
1) Every time you fill the yellow XP bar at the bottom of your screen, you get 10 EGO rating and an EGO Unit to spend on Powers/Perks.
2) Completing Pursuits has a variable reward in EGO-rating (usually between 5-40 EGO).
3) Every time you level up a weapon skill, you gain 4 EGO rating.

Laura
03-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Tbh I seriously don't know how this worked either, but mine just went up constantly. Going up a lot every time I did something most of the time. At the end of the beta had managed to get my rating up to a massive 437.

Aeekto
03-25-2013, 10:59 AM
I made a progression FAQ video that may help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaCyfLIpK2k

But the short answer is this... your EGO-rating is made of three types of advancement:
1) Every time you fill the yellow XP bar at the bottom of your screen, you get 10 EGO rating and an EGO Unit to spend on Powers/Perks.
2) Completing Pursuits has a variable reward in EGO-rating (usually between 5-40 EGO).
3) Every time you level up a weapon skill, you gain 4 EGO rating.

QFT
trust him, he says the truth and the system works exactly like this.
Best thing you can do is forget the term "Level" and start compare your EGO-Rating with achievement points ;)

Spinesnap
03-25-2013, 11:28 AM
so technically you can have 1 EGO, and party up with someone with 500 EGO? EGO is basically your level, and just grants you extra abilitys, but you gain no extra hp etc ?

Aeekto
03-25-2013, 11:54 AM
so technically you can have 1 EGO, and party up with someone with 500 EGO? EGO is basically your level, and just grants you extra abilitys, but you gain no extra hp etc ?

EGO=/=Level .... EGO-Rating is (as said many times) more like achievement-points, because there are no levels in this game.
And the higher your rating, the more things you unlock.
You need to fill your XP-Bar to get 1 EGO-Unit (you can call them Skillpoints) and unlock perks with it..... you can compare the system like you were level 80 in GW2 and still can earn skillpoints by filling your XP-Bar but dont gain levels.
And yes, you can group up with any EGO-Rating..... 5000 with 100 and he still wont "roflstomp" anything.