PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good reason for this?

Flank
06-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Seriously, why do peoples kill skrillings at Major ArkFalls?
Destroying the crystal is so much easier and faster if you at
least let the lil buggers bite it first b4 killing them.
Just doesn't make sense..
Oh and am I the only one who feels that vehicles should
not be allowed in the circumference of the AF Crystal?
Never experience problems at the AF until some "hunter"
comes barreling through.. which seems to start a chain reaction
of incompetence... valid explanation are truely encouraged
on this topic.

TIER ONE
06-25-2013, 02:42 PM
It was worse before they patched it to make vehicles more susceptible to collision damage....imagine the Cerebus truck going in circles around the arkfall killing the skitterlings. That was frustrating and would take forever to destroy the crystal.

- People that kill the skitterlings are either noobs or just want to increase their kill count (the same types of people that make a big deal over their K/D ratio in COD)

GiantInMaine
06-25-2013, 02:45 PM
The reason most do it is to get the 2500 kills at major arkfalls some do it because they were dropped/beat as children and their brain didn't develop correctly. I wish they just understood they will get the kills eventually anyway and there really is no rush.

Reverend Blood
06-25-2013, 02:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8ogluET.png

GiantInMaine
06-25-2013, 02:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8ogluET.png

So what now you're just searching for threads that you can post this image in?

vizibledog
06-25-2013, 02:54 PM
For me there are 3 levels of understanding arkfalls.

There are the noobs who have no clue what to do.

Then there are the people who think they know what arkfalls are about and start "why are you noobs killing skitterlings" threads.

Then there are people who understand arkfalls and keep an eye on the timer for arkfalls.

Flank
06-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Buahaha... gentlemen.. we seem to be on the same page.
It is mind blowing.. oh and I have seen Cerebus trucks at AF's.
Very frustrating.. as far as the "pursuits" go, it comes in time.
I guess I just don't see the fun completing things just to complete them.
I play cod.. and could give a rodents tushie about my kd.
I play to win the round and to be apart of a team.
TEAMWORK goes along way with most people.

TIER ONE
06-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Buahaha... gentlemen.. we seem to be on the same page.
It is mind blowing.. oh and I have seen Cerebus trucks at AF's.
Very frustrating.. as far as the "pursuits" go, it comes in time.
I guess I just don't see the fun completing things just to complete them.
I play cod.. and could give a rodents tushie about my kd.
I play to win the round and to be apart of a team.
TEAMWORK goes along way with most people.

- This is why I started to play Battlefield :D

GiantInMaine
06-25-2013, 02:59 PM
For me there are 3 levels of understanding arkfalls.

There are the noobs who have no clue what to do.

Then there are the people who think they know what arkfalls are about and start "why are you noobs killing skitterlings" threads.

Then there are people who understand arkfalls and keep an eye on the timer for arkfalls.

So you're saying the people that "understand" are the ones who make them last as long as possible but still get it completed?

- This is why I started to play Battlefield :D

Great game blows that cod stuff out of the water.

Flank
06-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Vizibledog, can you explain? Please for the love of your all
mighty creator... HELP ME BE A BETTER ARC HUNTER!!!
(Holds hands to the heavens)

vizibledog
06-25-2013, 03:06 PM
For me it's better to use the time available to complete an arkfall and maximise your kill time which will inevitably help with awarded key codes and also your pursuits. How many arkfalls are completed with 15-20 minutes still on the clock?

GiantInMaine
06-25-2013, 03:11 PM
For me it's better to use the time available to complete an arkfall and maximise your kill time which will inevitably help with awarded key codes and also your pursuits. How many arkfalls are completed with 15-20 minutes still on the clock?

You're so wrong about that killing doesn't have anything to do with awarded key codes. Revive someone or heal someone for a bit and you are guaranteed to get 5 keys every arkfall other then that it's random. I have got first place without doing those two things and got 3 keycodes and on the flipside i have came in at the very end to shoot the matron once and recieved 5.

Completing them fast gives you the chance to get to another one that you may not make it to otherwise. That is if your not the tagging type.

vizibledog
06-25-2013, 03:23 PM
You're so wrong about that killing doesn't have anything to do with awarded key codes. Revive someone or heal someone for a bit and you are guaranteed to get 5 keys every arkfall other then that it's random. I have got first place without doing those two things and got 3 keycodes and on the flipside i have came in at the very end to shoot the matron once and recieved 5.

Completing them fast gives you the chance to get to another one that you may not make it to otherwise. That is if your not the tagging type.

You showed up at an arkfall, shot the matron once and received 5 key codes? How did your pursuits progress after that arkfall?

GiantInMaine
06-25-2013, 03:45 PM
You showed up at an arkfall, shot the matron once and received 5 key codes? How did your pursuits progress after that arkfall?

Yes I have got 5 keys for doing hardly anything and sometimes only 3 for doing the most damage and getting lots of kills. My 2,500 kill pursuit got finished and I didn't even have to drive a car around arkfalls or kill skitterlings in other ways. You don't seem to believe anything I'm saying and since you understand better then most I'll just let it be. I leave arkfalls when people like you're around because it's obvious to me that you guys understand the finer points and me being around will just speed things up.

vizibledog
06-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Yes I have got 5 keys for doing hardly anything and sometimes only 3 for doing the most damage and getting lots of kills. My 2,500 kill pursuit got finished and I didn't even have to drive a car around arkfalls or kill skitterlings in other ways. You don't seem to believe anything I'm saying and since you understand better then most I'll just let it be. I leave arkfalls when people like you're around because it's obvious to me that you guys understand the finer points and me being around will just speed things up.

You said you showed up at an arkfall and shot the matron once and got 5 key codes? True? I asked how that progressed your pursuits?

GiantInMaine
06-25-2013, 03:53 PM
You said you showed up at an arkfall and shot the matron once and got 5 key codes? True? I asked how that progressed your pursuits?

Really????

Flank
06-25-2013, 05:11 PM
I agree maximize time. So in order to do that wouldn't you want
to destroy each crystal as fast as possible in order to complete
the ark fall???. I would hope that is your understanding.
So if this is the objective, wouldn't one want to at least let a
Skrittling bite the crystal b4 killing it? (So the rest of us can take
time away from fending off the archers and warriors, to shoot
the "blister".. which I honestly wouldn't mind)
That would seem logical? Yes? No? Rhetorical?
I also agree about the keycodes.. as I have been at many ark falls.
Done my share of damage. Even have a kill shot on the "queen bee".
Keycodes are distributed randomly. Or at least I have seen no consistency.
Except for when healing or reviving another hunter. I know cause I don't
use BMGs... and not many wait for others to help them.. and just
self revive. Vizibledog, seems like you are the only one in the forum with
this theory, at the moment.

Bruhaha98
06-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Seriously, why do peoples kill skrillings at Major ArkFalls?
Destroying the crystal is so much easier and faster if you at
least let the lil buggers bite it first b4 killing them.
Just doesn't make sense..
Oh and am I the only one who feels that vehicles should
not be allowed in the circumference of the AF Crystal?
Never experience problems at the AF until some "hunter"
comes barreling through.. which seems to start a chain reaction
of incompetence... valid explanation are truely encouraged
on this topic.
LOL< rookie, if you do some research, WE HAVE ALL GRIPED ABOUT THIS FOR MONTHS NOW>.. you just bought this game yesterday, i am gonna bet, This has been going on since the beta, some chumps are just trying to get their 2500 major arkfall kills, others(like myself been guilty once or twice) are doing it for AMMO, others ( and you as$HOLES KNOW WHO YOU ARE) just do it because they are ******ed.. sorry, its part of the game. deal with it like the rest of us did.

Bruhaha98
06-25-2013, 06:11 PM
oh and by the way this only happen in MOUNT TAM area for arkfalls, NEWBIE HIDEOUTS!!!!! lol, did you guys know there is a trick that trion has not fixed yet to getting 5 keycodes every time? you should look into that, it makes hitting multiple arkfalls fast and easy and then you go on doing your other missions...

Flank
06-25-2013, 10:27 PM
I have read the threads. Was actually asking if there was a reason for such
ridiculousness. You offer no knowledge, I wish to aquire, Bruhaha. As I
could careless about earning keycodes illegitimately.
As I personally don't play games to find & exploit every glitch
in every game I play. It seems as if it would take the appeal and fun
out of playing it.

Reverend Blood
06-26-2013, 06:16 AM
I have read the threads. Was actually asking if there was a reason for such
ridiculousness.

And if you actually look at those threads instead of starting a new one for no reason, you'll see the reason is that there is a pursuit for "kill [x number of things] at arkfalls." However there is no pursuit for "Finish arkfall with more than 15 minutes left on the clock."

I have been playing since launch, and I have never seen an arkfall fail for running out of time, even when the invincible diaper truck was still in game, and everyone was running over every skitterling.

So, what does it affect you if it takes an extra 5-10 minutes to complete?

N3gativeCr33p
06-26-2013, 06:19 AM

The ritalin loses its effectiveness. ;)

Reverend Blood
06-26-2013, 06:21 AM
The ritalin loses its effectiveness. ;)

I LOLed. Thank you, sir.

LoveULongTIme
06-26-2013, 06:29 AM
The reason most do it is to get the 2500 kills at major arkfalls some do it because they were dropped/beat as children and their brain didn't develop correctly. I wish they just understood they will get the kills eventually anyway and there really is no rush.

this. easier to get kills at the crystal then a major akfall were due to lag and the amount of people its hard to walk away with kills. I did it just to get my 2500 arkfall kills then i quit

Flank
06-26-2013, 07:05 AM
I have been playing since launch as well. I have been at
AF that have failed cause of this. As far as the pursuits go,
I know all about it. As I have completed it. Seriously an extra
5 - 10mins??? I would welcome that timely delay. Look,
I am not saying people can't or shouldn't shoot the skittlings
just let them bite the crystal first.. then kill them as you shoot
Their "bite".. it is simple. Ark hunters should strive yo complete
pursuits and objectives.. but this type of behavior seems a bit selfish
when the game itself seems to support comradery, as it seems to
be 1 of the few things consistent in this game. It is pretty blatant.
I don't see how people miss that concept. Especially since it has
been an attribute for every MMO. (Or any multi player shooter for that
matter.)

GiantInMaine
06-26-2013, 07:50 AM
Now for important discussion like why do you press enter so much when you're typing a sentence?

Why do you
press enter
so much!

Flank
06-26-2013, 08:05 AM
To draw in query and leav others pondering mostly. ;)
Sorry if it is bothersome. Type from a cell phone. Habit
I suppose.

Riz
06-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Several reasons why ppl kill skitterlings at those Arkfalls:
-Noobiness, last week i was on a grassland in Marin and wanted a smoke. I left the controller on the table and went outside. When i came back my 10 year old boy was playing cause 'something happened on screen, dad!'. He said that in dutch, he doesnt speak english yet. So he didnt understand the EGO saying to leave the skitterlings alone. Yes, an Arkfall landed there where i stood, yes he picked up the controller and yes he shot everything in sight lol.

-R3t4rdness, some ppl know but just dont give a f00k, or are even too stupid to understand what a skitterling is. Or use BMG's, detonators and explosives and dont even know its gonna kill everything in that radius.

-Selfishness, 2500 kills in Arkfalls. Yes Trion, your fault. First you get such a nice idea to use skitterlings making holes in the chrystal, then you go and r4p3 your own idea by making a pursuit contradicting the idea of the Arkfall. Of course the skits get shot first, they die easiest.

-Needing, Ammo low? Shoot stuff for easy pick ups. Since youre low on ammo you need to shoot the quickest thing that dies: Skitterlings.

-Bullying, always some azzez around that try to sabotage the Arkfall, just for laughs.

-Egoism, after the last big Arkfall the scoreboard pops up... 150 kills looks nice, right?

We all play our game, and we play in the same region-world. Just like in the real world there'll always be ppl around that do what you dont like. Guess we'll have to life with it. Normally if i see such things happening, ill be shooting some stuff myself to collect the rewards at the end and leave the scene onto another thing to do.

Steve67
06-26-2013, 09:00 AM
And if you actually look at those threads instead of starting a new one for no reason, you'll see the reason is that there is a pursuit for "kill [x number of things] at arkfalls." However there is no pursuit for "Finish arkfall with more than 15 minutes left on the clock."

I have been playing since launch, and I have never seen an arkfall fail for running out of time, even when the invincible diaper truck was still in game, and everyone was running over every skitterling.

I have seen several timeout. Where have you been??? We call them NEWBS because they don't know better lol

Sword
06-26-2013, 09:08 AM
I have seen several timeout. Where have you been??? We call them NEWBS because they don't know better lol

I rightfully call them something else....i won't say what coz i don't want another notification warning.

Steve67
06-26-2013, 09:09 AM
I agree Sword. I have several words for them
I would like to see Trion make it where you can kill other players outside pvp, so we can shoot those people lol

drackiller
06-26-2013, 09:23 AM
No, they just like to annoy other people. I tend to ignore them.

Flank
06-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Seems that most are on the same page. With only a slight
few under the impression that prolonging AFs is some how
benificial. It does seem to be a bit of a contradiction on
Trion' s part. But in their defense, I don't think they anticipated
hunters "sabotaging" AF's just to complete a pursuit?
And if that pursuit is someones only logic for doing so,
Newb is an understatement. Like you will never ever do
another AF after that pursuit is complete??? Are you never
gonna need keycodes?? Again this logic just seems selfish.

Korben Reynolds
06-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Typically I like to assume that the players doing this are just noobs that don't know any better. If they're asked to stop killing the skitterlings 2 or 3 times and they keep doing it, then I just pick up and go to one of the other arkfalls. Usually there are one or two people already there playing it the right way and we can wrap that one up before the zerg finishes the rocket spam on the "problem" arkfall.

If it helps, a Dev did say in the last Friday livestream that they definitely see this as a flawed mechanic and will be changing it soon™.

Flank
06-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Korben, I hope so. But the "fix it" list is already so long.
Certainly this is a problem to address. However I feel some
should take priority.. but that's for another thread.. lol

Zootharuu
06-26-2013, 11:20 AM
I love this answer "they don't matter"! Well, yes the little turds do matter! 1, distroying the crystal and 2, XP! if you don't like XP then why play Arkfalls! Killing the Skitterlings gives you wayyyyyy less XP and people killing them make it so no one can get XP! So if you are one of those people that like messing up games for others, there is one word that describes you " D*****bag "!

los77
06-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Sorry for not playing my game the way you want it to be played,game n azi. Do not care enough about you to try to annoy you. Stop being so stuck up and thinking people do things in game to annoy YOU! Really?

Everything in front of me that i can kill, dies, period. A virtual killing machine.

Zootharuu
06-26-2013, 11:23 AM
I think we found one!

Zootharuu
06-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Kids won't learn how to play with others!

Flank
06-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Everything in front of me dies, period.

Finally a reason I can accept. It isn't a valid one, but still
a far better reason then the "pursuits".. thanks for the chuckle,
los77.

Zootharuu
06-26-2013, 11:37 AM
Look you are gamer I forget! So annoy me no. Games don't annoy me people do! I don't deal with fleas.

Oh and read the forums!

Flank
06-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Hey los77
Nice edit on your post. Thought the lil kill machine joke
was funny. You now offer nothing informative. Go play
your game, kill skrittlings at AFs (AFTER they bite the crystal)
and complete that pursuit.. and if the servers are still down
you could go to your quiet lil spot under the bridge.
Thanks for playin!!!!

Flank
06-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Sorry for not playing my game the way you want it to be played,game n azi. Do not care enough about you to try to annoy you. Stop being so stuck up and thinking people do things in game to annoy YOU! Really?

Everything in front of me that i can kill, dies, period. A virtual killing machine.

I am not name calling, but this statement make you sound stuck up..
I would edit again if I were you..

Envy
06-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Seems that most are on the same page. With only a slight
few under the impression that prolonging AFs is some how
benificial. It does seem to be a bit of a contradiction on
Trion' s part. But in their defense, I don't think they anticipated
hunters "sabotaging" AF's just to complete a pursuit?
And if that pursuit is someones only logic for doing so,
Newb is an understatement. Like you will never ever do
another AF after that pursuit is complete??? Are you never
gonna need keycodes?? Again this logic just seems selfish.

I can't tell if your an idiot or have a mental ******ation. Seriously, dropped as a child? Whats so hard about understanding people need a feat/pursuit? And no i don't do arkfalls anymore, I tag it with a BMG then tele out go afk and get 5 key codes.

But thank you for finishing them off for me.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Dont-Even-Care-Asian-Dance.gif

Flank
06-26-2013, 12:07 PM
I can't tell if your an idiot or have a mental ******ation. Seriously, dropped as a child? Whats so hard about understanding people need a feat/pursuit? And no i don't do arkfalls anymore, I tag it with a BMG then tele out go afk and get 5 key codes.

Well from your statement.. I can say I am not in query of
thw type of person you are... or if you were dropped as a
child... you have made it clear.. now hurry.. go tag those
Af's.. and thanks for playing.. you offer no knowledge.
Eat shtako and get extracted...

Envy
06-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Well from your statement.. I can say I am not in query of
thw type of person you are... or if you were dropped as a
child... you have made it clear.. now hurry.. go tag those
Af's.. and thanks for playing.. you offer no knowledge.
Eat shtako and get extracted...

http://media.tumblr.com/5f6e235415eea7894f282314756f2580/tumblr_inline_mf7e9eaFUV1rc3ccm.gif

vizibledog
06-26-2013, 12:56 PM

This made me chortle. :D

Colif
06-26-2013, 10:25 PM
The tagging and leaving crowd don't deserve a reward for everyone else finishing it. I can understand some do it cause arkfalls still lag you out (I get that too) but that is a problem trion need to fix also. Using it as an excuse to not help others kill everything needs to go away. They reduced the number of arkfalls happening at same time to battle this a little, but they also need to remove the payouts to those that just tag. It should work on time spent at the arkfalls (But as I said, the time outs need to be fixed as the number of people who get dc at end of arkfalls and get no rewards at all is too high now, and if they took keys off people who didnt attend an arkfall for a given amount of damage/time without fixing the other issue, more people would be affected).

I do arkfalls now only for the keys, I don't get exp anymore, I have finished all the kill pursuits on arkfalls, I just need a kill shot and to save a few more people. So I don't kill anything I don't need to, I kill a few things for ammo but I spend most of my time on the crystals. As I use a canker, I just need 1 blister and I am set for rest of fight, just need to keep it ticking over. Faster crystals = more time for other things.

Crystal destroy arkfalls happen in Madera also, but they seem more sane there. less reliance on rockets. They still use them but its not as crazy.

BigO518
06-26-2013, 11:23 PM

Skitterlings don't count towards the 2500, killed hundreds of the damn things but never raised my kill counter, would have been to 2500 a long time ago if they did. Now if Trion says they are supposed to count towards it that's a different story and means it's broken. I'm on the PS3 version so don't know about the 360 or PC versions.