PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Mod - Does it modify the weapon to your level?

rortiz
03-25-2013, 09:52 AM
So, I am thinking about preorder on steam...but can you level the sniper rifle up with mods as you level?

DustOfDeath
03-25-2013, 10:04 AM
i think those preorder weapons (like quest rewards) got no ego rank, instead shows --

cosign
03-25-2013, 10:08 AM
I don't know if you want to do that, not only do you level a weapon and it maxes out it stops. If you noticed that if you pick up another, lets say sniper rifle, that that exp start all over, this is important because if you open you stats page and look at the sniper rifle you should see a white box, the more rifles you master the more you level that type of rifle and every time you lever you get faster reload times or damage

Shismar
03-25-2013, 10:13 AM
i think those preorder weapons (like quest rewards) got no ego rank, instead shows --
No one has seen the preorder weaps yet, afaik. It would be interesting to know their rarity and stats.

If they can be modded depends on if they have mod slots or not. If not, there is still the chance that one or more slots can be added. No slots, no mods.

Modding has no influence on the EGO level. It just adds the specific bonus of the mod.

Actually it does not matter much. Most weapons are pretty plentiful and there is a sniper rifles as rewards in one of the first few missions. Not to mention that anyone starting as a survivalist (i think it is) gets a usable sniper rifle.

braxes870
03-25-2013, 10:14 AM
I was thinking about this to with the little weapons I got. Do all weapons depending on type like say an AR carbine, have the very same stats like ammo rate of fire and dmg? with version elemental dmg types like electro? and or only way to increase the stats on a weapon is by maxing out every weapon of (type) i find to increase the stats? pretty much I can get the very same weapon in drop in a starting area as I can in the later zones? i dont know much about ego rank weapons either.

Roark24601
03-25-2013, 10:32 AM
I only got up to EGO level 285 but I played with tons of guns of different rarities.

From what I saw, the base stats were fairly standard and only varied a small amount. Higher level weapons had generally the same base stats for a given type of weapon.

The type of proc on the weapon, though, was the critical difference. I only found one summary of the effects that I listed below and starter weapons appear to have no effects. So: I assume you can use the bonus weapons for as long as you want but may choose to upgrade if they have no proc associated with them.

Corrosive - ? Damage over time?
Incendiary - Sets alight to the enemy.
Siphon - Attaches to enemies and siphons away health.
Radiation - Breaks shields and makes enemies more susceptible to damage.
Electrical - Which can stun your enemies or disable the HUD of other Ark Hunters.
Biological - Slows the movements of enemies by sticking a material to their feet.

Grimwyrd
03-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Do all weapons depending on type like say an AR carbine, have the very same stats like ammo rate of fire and dmg?

For the most part, yes. There are big classes of weapons that all have exactly the same base stats.

The higher the weapons EGO rating and rarity, the more likely it is to have more mod slots, elemental effects, and inherent bonuses.

For instance, a low level and low quality sniper rifle, like the white newbie rifle, may have no inherent bonuses/effects.
A green sniper rifle of the same type will likely have an inherent bonus like 1.15 crit multiplier.
A blue sniper rifle of the same type might have an inherent 1.15 crit multiplier, a mod slot, and an electricity elemental effect.
A purple rifle of the same type might have the inherent 1.15 crit multiplier, two mods lots, an elemental effect, and a special bonus like +25% reload to stowed weapon on kill".

There is a lot of randomness, so you often find a green rifle that is better than a blue rifle, specially if it has bonuses and effects that you prefer.

That is a very rough example, and things generally get better the higher you go in EGO-rating. The other benefit of higher EGO-rating is that you get access to different types of weapons. For instance, you'll start to see sniper rifle types that shoot two bullets at once or do extra vehicle damage.