PDA

View Full Version : Should we start the pool now?

Majik518
06-25-2013, 06:46 PM
On what we think is going to be broken from tomorrows fixes?

Grymms
06-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Here's the better question what's not gonna be broken tomorrow broke so we have something to di while they try fixing the broken crap...

TravelerX1
06-25-2013, 07:52 PM

In an attempt to get rid of Charlie, all enemies in the game will spawn as him. And they will drop Orange loot..... then when Trion realizes that they are loosing money on bits and lock boxes, they will shut it down for 23 hrs and then do a reset to the first day of the Beta. This will cause a warp in the fabric of time and we will all get the hours we spent playing back.

Hey I am an optimist!

dominad
06-25-2013, 08:05 PM
I think they already applied the patch some things seem weird.. social broken still, chat not working etc.. First time seen so many major ark falls in AGES and there was loads of emergencies spawning several on top of each other near bug n chug. Not good running a sawn off shotty. Was also a unbroken major scrapper ark fall which I had to myself till I messaged clan people because I guess so many xbox users were installing the 5 patches and downloads.

Menus still loading very slow, distance and vehicle laggy, could not get into a single game of pvp..

Wtflag
06-25-2013, 08:38 PM
^ sounds bad ... and good actually (on the arkfall part and emergency part). Looks like great farming opportunities.

dominad
06-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Unless it was simply empty servers so spawn times changed? I would assume if this is happening since they said they were reducing ark fall instances in patch...22 that they would have to remove it these things were literally on top of each other? Or that this was not the patch but some weird update or pre patch. APparently some xbox users had corrupt data and are having to do it every start up (near 2 hours) I hope its not the case.

Sanguinesun
06-25-2013, 09:51 PM
I'd almost expected this to be a pool for the dlc release some have been talking about. I was gonna say put me down for the start of August or mid August once the Steam summer sale was finished.

hagndaz
06-25-2013, 10:10 PM
I gave up on playing on patch days. The Last of Us has one of the best stories Ive ever played, so Ill probably be replaying that. If youre really bored, I picked up Deadpool today. Incredibly simple and short, but lots of fun.

JxSiN
06-25-2013, 10:12 PM
social broken still, chat not working etc..

They already stated that they have no plans on fixing the current chat as they have a new system being rolled out soon (well, hopefully soon). It is said to be more like an actual MMO style text/chat. Not sure if they are also meaning a completely new social as well. I hope so because I would love to be able to actually see everyone in my clan and not just to the D's

Fancypants
06-25-2013, 10:44 PM
I don't want to speculate.

I'm more than happy to wait and see what they've improved.

I'll stay positive that they had an extremely productive work week.

Nyako
06-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Lets say this, they came out with the patch notes ahead of schedule... they took a week to test the patch. I would say that more than likely this would be the most stable of the patches... but I can also say that there is likely still things heavily broken in the game (some of which coming from the patch) and an unbalanced system still in the game.

However, I'd just wait and see. I'd like to be proven wrong TRION, so please prove me wrong that their still going to be heavily broken aspects in the game.

xTomacyde
06-25-2013, 11:11 PM
Deleted :)

JxSiN
06-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Where did you hear this? I just don't want to get my hopes up without seeing it first. Sorry for asking you to go look for where it was said, but I'm just very interested.

I've read it and several articles, in the forums, and I think in an E3 video. Let me finish this co op, then I will track it down.

JxSiN
06-25-2013, 11:57 PM
"Trion was quick to assure the press that it has heard the complaints about Defiance not having enough of an "MMO" feel. Granted, part of this may come from players being used to levels, auto-attacks, and grinding raids. To help address this, Trion is adding a new chat display that... well, actually looks like something you'd see in an MMO. Trion wants to try to guide players more towards group content as well, such as arkfalls.

Found here: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/e3-2013-previewing-defiances-new-dlc/

Having trouble tracking down the video, cause all I remember is that it was briefly mentioned in one of the E3 vids. I'm not sure, but there may be a podcast here: http://defiance-central.com/ that may help

It's been mentioned a few times as well on the forums.

PS: I just found this out while skimming articles. Changing to a Casti will not cost real money apparenty:
"You wonít have to dish out your hard earned money to try out the latest species, unlike Star Wars: The Old Republicís recent upsetting stance on their Cathar race. In order to change the currently selected race, one needs to simply gain the appropriate amount of Scrip in order to purchase the token from a vendor. Bits will not be used for these types of transactions."

http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/06/e3-2013-defiance-will-not-charge-real-money-for-race-changes-more-species-coming/

Nyako
06-26-2013, 12:51 AM
PS: I just found this out while skimming articles. Changing to a Casti will not cost real money apparenty:
"You won’t have to dish out your hard earned money to try out the latest species, unlike Star Wars: The Old Republic’s recent upsetting stance on their Cathar race. In order to change the currently selected race, one needs to simply gain the appropriate amount of Scrip in order to purchase the token from a vendor. Bits will not be used for these types of transactions."

http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/06/e3-2013-defiance-will-not-charge-real-money-for-race-changes-more-species-coming/

Wrong, it is only your first change that TRION will do for free. And only if you brought the DLC pass from what we've found out on the forums here in other areas. This means that it will basically end up like SWTOR, you change to try out how Castithans are and decide to be something else. You WILL have to pay to change after that first token is used up. Also the appearance change and name change are brought through the cash shop. Unlike what your found stated.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/defiance-dlc-enter-the-castithan/ the original statements of what is paid and not...

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?93507-confirmed-one-time-free-race-change-included-in-dlc&highlight=change+Castithan the one time free race change

Checked your source, I'd really question that source as its content isn't anywhere else yet and I don't mean by those copycat bloggers, but anywhere official from TRION yet.

JxSiN
06-26-2013, 01:07 AM
Wrong, it is only your first change that TRION will do for free. And only if you brought the DLC pass from what we've found out on the forums here in other areas. This means that it will basically end up like SWTOR, you change to try out how Castithans are and decide to be something else. You WILL have to pay to change after that first token is used up. Also the appearance change and name change are brought through the cash shop. Unlike what your found stated.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/defiance-dlc-enter-the-castithan/ the original statements of what is paid and not...

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?93507-confirmed-one-time-free-race-change-included-in-dlc&highlight=change+Castithan the one time free race change

Checked your source, I'd really question that source as its content isn't anywhere else yet and I don't mean by those copycat bloggers, but anywhere official from TRION yet.

Yeah, I knew about the one time change with the DLC purchase and have only heard that any additional changes are through the store. This was the first time I had heard about tokens or scrip. It just caught me off guard cuz if you get 1 with the DLC, I assumed it would be automatic and you wouldn't have to use scrip/tokens for it. It just caught my curiosity. Not changing to a haint anyway, not particularly fond of them so either way it doesn't apply to me.

Now the voice change, I can deal with. However, I haven't heard if that's free or paid or even if you can after the first.

Aeothena
06-26-2013, 01:34 AM
I think they already applied the patch some things seem weird.. social broken still, chat not working etc.. First time seen so many major ark falls in AGES and there was loads of emergencies spawning several on top of each other near bug n chug. Not good running a sawn off shotty. Was also a unbroken major scrapper ark fall which I had to myself till I messaged clan people because I guess so many xbox users were installing the 5 patches and downloads.

Menus still loading very slow, distance and vehicle laggy, could not get into a single game of pvp..

I made a funky discovery last night playing. I went to fill up on ammo and an emergency with 99'er spawn on the road 100 feet from there I stood. I walked towards it to clean it out and it disappeared. I backed up again and it reappeared. Walked towards it and shot an enemy, it disappeared yet again. So, I backed up a second time, drew my sniper and picked them off, this time even a few rushed me. I got the complete emergency text, I saw loot shining but as I walked over to collect it all disappeared again.

So, I don't care what they put in all of the patches, they obviously don't do crap...

Iím on Xbox

los77
06-26-2013, 01:36 AM
I say down for 8 hours to entire day instead of 3. I do not even try to play on patch day anymore.

dominad
06-26-2013, 03:28 AM
Do I win anything for guessing the new patch would break everything right?

JxSiN
06-26-2013, 03:31 AM
Do I win anything for guessing the new patch would break everything right?

Yay, something to look forward to here in NA. Hopefully the PS3 doesn't have the same problems. You know, cuz we are great at seemless integration of downloadable data (cough cough skyrim)

dominad
06-26-2013, 03:35 AM
I hope not seems not every xbox user was impacted maybe a test roll out on some servers to see how bad it was maybe the rest ofusers will be saved. However most people I know have been see the bug report forum. it is now unplayable you can not play the game at all.. not joking either also people reported corrupted game saves on top of the 2 hour time for patching breaking patching and new install of game then repatching. So if you plan to try back up your game save first.

a2thelee
06-26-2013, 06:00 AM
If I were a gambling man, I'd put a few bucks on the severe underdog 1,000-1 shot that Trion actually doesn't break anything this time... Then I'd put a lot more dollars on a 4 hour downtime with 2 major things broken and maybe 5 minor glitches

Indra Echo
06-26-2013, 07:06 AM

You know what I learned from life. Expect the worst and you will always get it. Expect the best and sometimes you will be amazed.

I guess in growing up your parents would see you make a mistake and then maybe make another (unless you are perfect) and then accepted that as your pattern. So, anytime you tried to do anything they took bets on just how badly you'd screw up. All because they knew that the best way for them to bring out the best in you was to let you know repeatedly just what kind of a hot mess you were.

Except the reality for most of us is that even if it wasn't true someone in our lives saw our mistakes and wanted us to do better next time. We got encouragement and some sort of positive reinforcement that made us want to achieve and succeed. People focused on the positives and our potential rather than the bad things we'd done that foretold a bleak future due to our all too human imperfections.

And whenever we were judged, the expectations for us told as much about the person passing judgement as they did help us to want to do well.

Bottom line, Trion wants to succeed but focusing on the bad things (as if they're the only things) isn't helping. And it shows far more about the poster than it does about the game and its potential. If I'm working for someone that thinks I'm just a big fat idiot there's no incentive for me to exceed his expectations especially if I am working hard at it and I know I haven't failed at everything. I know I can never do anything that's going to be good enough for him.

Tyger
06-26-2013, 07:09 AM
Are we covering any bets that have to do with patches? Cuz' if so I'de rather just go with a sure thing and Bet they'll be a QQ thread about how this latest patch is game breaking and they wantz all their monies back.

N3gativeCr33p
06-26-2013, 07:11 AM
If I were a gambling man, I'd put a few bucks on the severe underdog 1,000-1 shot that Trion actually doesn't break anything this time... Then I'd put a lot more dollars on a 4 hour downtime with 2 major things broken and maybe 5 minor glitches

Not me. You're better off putting more money on the wager with the greater odds.

(Example: I would sooner put $100 on the 1000:1 odds, before I put $100 on the 5:1 odds.)

Dracian
06-26-2013, 07:59 AM
I'd say Infector buff. Dem lulz if it happens.

Fancypants
06-26-2013, 08:09 AM
Do I win anything for guessing the new patch would break everything right?From me, yes. Respect. I like smart gamers who have an idea for how things actually work. :p
================================

*We now take you back to our regularly scheduled positive message... begin loop*

*end message.. rerun loop*

*end message.. rerun loop*

hagndaz
06-26-2013, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I knew about the one time change with the DLC purchase and have only heard that any additional changes are through the store. This was the first time I had heard about tokens or scrip. It just caught me off guard cuz if you get 1 with the DLC, I assumed it would be automatic and you wouldn't have to use scrip/tokens for it. It just caught my curiosity. Not changing to a haint anyway, not particularly fond of them so either way it doesn't apply to me.

Now the voice change, I can deal with. However, I haven't heard if that's free or paid or even if you can after the first.

I'm too lazy to look for the exact link, I think it was on Massively, but with the DLC purchase you will be able to pick a voice. Also with the purchase you will get a onetime race change. I would think that would involve an appearance change. I know that Ill be creating new characters at the new character screen first before I decide to spend that token. Other than that, changing name or appearance will cost an unannounced amount of bits.

Tzar of kaos
06-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Since launch,the only problem i got from patches/updates was my hellbug cap missing...I got it back,everything is fine.Nerver got the problems that i can read on the forum...Lucky i am... :)

a2thelee
06-26-2013, 01:02 PM
So how many of us got rich by betting they'd break things?

IGears
06-26-2013, 02:48 PM
You know what I learned from life. Expect the worst and you will always get it. Expect the best and sometimes you will be amazed.

I thought it was "Expect the Worst, Hope for the Best"

Nyako
06-26-2013, 03:44 PM
I thought it was "Expect the Worst, Hope for the Best"

You are right IGears it is.

I usually use this version though, "Expect the worst, and be pleasantly surprised". The pleasantly surprised is the fact that it won't be as bad as you had thought it would be.

Sanguinesun
06-26-2013, 04:26 PM
I made a funky discovery last night playing. I went to fill up on ammo and an emergency with 99'er spawn on the road 100 feet from there I stood. I walked towards it to clean it out and it disappeared. I backed up again and it reappeared. Walked towards it and shot an enemy, it disappeared yet again. So, I backed up a second time, drew my sniper and picked them off, this time even a few rushed me. I got the complete emergency text, I saw loot shining but as I walked over to collect it all disappeared again.

So, I don't care what they put in all of the patches, they obviously don't do crap...

Iím on Xbox

That's been an issue since alpha. It has to do with their phasing of mission subzones.

IGears
06-26-2013, 04:28 PM
You are right IGears it is.

I usually use this version though, "Expect the worst, and be pleasantly surprised". The pleasantly surprised is the fact that it won't be as bad as you had thought it would be.

lol I want to watch Ghost in a Shell now.

Nyako
06-26-2013, 05:07 PM
lol I want to watch Ghost in a Shell now.

LOL... Hay its a good set of shows, movies, manga and a few video games...