PDA

View Full Version : Arkfall rewards

Colif
06-26-2013, 04:39 AM
I don't understand something, how come if you get in the top 5 of arkfalls all you get is green & blue items but if you come further down the list, you get purples. Its not random, I have noticed the higher I get in ladder, the worse the rewards are.

Seems there is no incentive to try hard, better off slacking off as you get better stuff. The key count remains on 5.

Also, if you have stopped getting exp due to having all the perks, does game still reward you 6k exp that goes nowhere? Sure would be nice if we got more ark salvage instead.

lordchun
06-26-2013, 04:53 AM
It's random. I've gotten first and got purples before and only got three keys.

GiantInMaine
06-26-2013, 04:55 AM

I have to agree it's just like getting a lockbox minus the chances of getting an orange.

dominad
06-26-2013, 05:05 AM
Someone in our clan got a orange coming 13th I think or 18th lol Some people are lucky.

mikeintheshell
06-26-2013, 05:23 AM
I don't understand something, how come if you get in the top 5 of arkfalls all you get is green & blue items but if you come further down the list, you get purples. Its not random, I have noticed the higher I get in ladder, the worse the rewards are.

Seems there is no incentive to try hard, better off slacking off as you get better stuff. The key count remains on 5.

The loot drops are based off the highest scorer. You get what he/she gets after the arkfall.

N3gativeCr33p
06-26-2013, 05:42 AM

Indeed. Same thing happened to me last night.

Arsenic_Touch
06-26-2013, 05:47 AM
The loot drops are based off the highest scorer. You get what he/she gets after the arkfall.

...no. It's random.

mikeintheshell
06-26-2013, 08:11 AM
...no. It's random.

Answer me this, Why is it that at major arkfalls all I have to do is "tag" the boss and get mad loot?

Grymms
06-26-2013, 08:17 AM
I come in first alot of times and sometimes by a wide margin 2million in some cases. They appear to be totally random. Like each time you complete an arkfall you get a free tier two lockbox..... Im just glad they are not grenades and shield only anymore.

Zydrate
06-26-2013, 08:19 AM
I mostly do it for the huge chunk of exp, less for the items.

I hopped in the tail end of a Hellion, did four shots on it, and got 6500 xp. I didn't even place, and got a purple BMG.

Not too shabby. Got something for nothing. I approve.

ironlungz949
06-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Sounds crazy but when sieges were in effect, i was on wave 7 and the match ended, i got a orange frc heavy scattergun with fire nano....i really could not believe it...

DRHONEY
06-26-2013, 08:23 AM
it is totally random. Although i think you should get something extra for placing in the top 20 like maybe 6 key codes in stead of 5. Just something to give you a little more intensive to try for the top 20.

Sdric
06-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Better be quiet.
Instead of improving rewards for top players they'll rather decrease the reward for people who don't score too well.
Just look at what they already did to Arkfalls, emergencies and co.

There's nothing good coming out of this.
It'll only be taken as a justification to make rewards even less & worse.

Hope499
06-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Someone in our clan got a orange coming 13th I think or 18th lol Some people are lucky.

I hate to hate a hottie...

but don't lie to us....

DRHONEY
06-26-2013, 08:29 AM
I hate to hate a hottie...

but don't lie to us....

I have had a friend get one from an arkfall as well.

Calidorn
06-26-2013, 08:40 AM
It should be completely random. It should be able to give the lowest person with no kills and lowest damage the legendary weapon while the top ranked damage dealer received a blue weapon for his/her effort.

I get sick and tired of the "lists" and "standings" shown after each arkfall and the boasts that come with it.

So you were number 1 in the rankings? Did it ever occur to you that you should thank the person who died 5 times because they were drawing all the attention of the bugs off of you and the other players killing the symbiont host?

What about the person who was healing everyone and creating shields so players would not be injured doing the fights? Then there are the players who are kiting the hellbug matrons away from the main groups so others can run and get additional ammo.

Arkfalls are a group effort. From the person running around raising people who are downed to those whose sole mission is to do the most damage and end up on the leader boards.

Don't change the way loot is handled out. Keep it random just the way it is. Let everyone have a chance at a legendary as a reward.

boom1234567890
06-26-2013, 08:49 AM
well im not sure but i do know that when im in 1st on the board by a huge amount i get greens and when i go in at the end or start one and heal a peep i get blues and purples so i stopped tring to be at 1 af the entire time even if its the only one on the map

Ozzy
06-26-2013, 08:49 AM
It should be completely random. It should be able to give the lowest person with no kills and lowest damage the legendary weapon while the top ranked damage dealer received a blue weapon for his/her effort.

I get sick and tired of the "lists" and "standings" shown after each arkfall and the boasts that come with it.

So you were number 1 in the rankings? Did it ever occur to you that you should thank the person who died 5 times because they were drawing all the attention of the bugs off of you and the other players killing the symbiont host?

What about the person who was healing everyone and creating shields so players would not be injured doing the fights? Then there are the players who are kiting the hellbug matrons away from the main groups so others can run and get additional ammo.

Arkfalls are a group effort. From the person running around raising people who are downed to those whose sole mission is to do the most damage and end up on the leader boards.

Don't change the way loot is handled out. Keep it random just the way it is. Let everyone have a chance at a legendary as a reward.

I agree that the weapon box should be random like it is now. They could increase the number of keys gotten to those on the top 20 without people having much reason to complain imo. 8 for top 3, 7 for 4-10, and 6 for 11-20, the rest gets 5 or something like that. No big deal, just some small changes to make arkfalls a tiny bit more fun and meaningful.

drackiller
06-26-2013, 08:51 AM

Don't change the way loot is handled out. Keep it random just the way it is. Let everyone have a chance at a legendary as a reward. I agree with most of what you`r stating here, but i also believe that effort should be rewarded.

I normally finish in the top 10 even if i get late to the arkfall, sometime i even arrive at the boss fight and i get placed in top 5.
Don`t really know if i`m doing it right or wrong, but aside not getting orange stuff i`m very satisfied with the loot i get at the end. And almost of the time i get 5 keys. Can`t really complain.

drackiller
06-26-2013, 08:54 AM
well im not sure but i do know that when im in 1st on the board by a huge amount i get greens and when i go in at the end or start one and heal a peep i get blues and purples so i stopped tring to be at 1 af the entire time even if its the only one on the map

I understand the feeling but, to me, being 1st at the end of an arkfall it`s a personal satisfaction, and a prize by it self ;)

sQuinty
06-26-2013, 09:14 AM
What they should actually do is reward participation times IMO.

Number of Arkfalls + end arkfall + time at each one.

The problem is, I can go in and fire one shot off as I am driving by and get full credit. I do notice if I am not at the end event though I usually get 2 less keycodes.

drackiller
06-26-2013, 09:18 AM
What they should actually do is reward participation times IMO.

Number of Arkfalls + end arkfall + time at each one.

The problem is, I can go in and fire one shot off as I am driving by and get full credit. I do notice if I am not at the end event though I usually get 2 less keycodes.
I totally agree with you. Time and participation on the arkfall should be a factor.

N3gativeCr33p
06-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Time and participation on the arkfall should be a factor.

Co-signed.

- N3gativeCr33p

boom1234567890
06-26-2013, 09:21 AM
I understand the feeling but, to me, being 1st at the end of an arkfall it`s a personal satisfaction, and a prize by it self ;)
i played a destroy the crystal the other day i had 3.8 mil damage and my buddy had 2.1 mil then 3rd was 500k another buddy logged in hit it 1 time for 52 damage and healed for 10 points on a guy and got better loot than the 2 of us...

its really easy to be first with the right gun and loadout.... so why even try to be first when it gets so boring and you basically get nothing for it maybe 1k-1500 salvage

Steve69
06-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Fix the server drops & lag. :mad:

The rest is fine as it is :cool:

PS3 & getting sick of it.

drackiller
06-26-2013, 09:48 AM

The lag is much less now, but it is there. It`s a fact.
What i donīt understand is why when Sieges where ON and the players where much more then doing arkfalls, why was the lag much, way much lesser than in arkfalls !?

N3gativeCr33p
06-26-2013, 09:54 AM

I would sooner blame the hardware, before I placed 100% of the blame on this game.

Jay Common
06-26-2013, 09:57 AM
I just think it's funny the few people that dropped in just to say "their friend got an orange weapon as a drop in an arkfall."

I'm not trying to talk smack to any of y'all....but your "friends" are liars. I have opened way less lockboxes than I have participated in arkfalls. Hundreds less. I have never once seen an orange "anything" drop from any type of arkfall. Not as loot or the end-match bonus. Not even before, when all you would get is shields and grenades.

As for the person who said they got an orange weapon from a Siege drop? I guess two weeks worth of Sieges isn't enough of a baseline to formulate a true theory, but I suspect you are fudging the truth as well ;)

Xynnvincible
06-26-2013, 10:09 AM
1. Arkfalls are about tagging; sieges are about participation.
2. No one has ever gotten an orange from anywhere besides a lockbox.

MaxSterling
06-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Personally, I don't see why there's even a leaderboard at Arkfalls. Arkfalls aren't about competition, they're about the community coming together to achieve something. That's how the current reward system is essentially set-up.

Remove the leaderboard. Provide a sortable list so all the try hards can see if they did more damage than everyone else, if that means so much to them.

Leave the competition in PvP, hotshots, and time trials.

One thing I'd like to see changed is having the lockbox reward for participating put into our claim gifts. That way it can be done even if we're not online because we got booted by the server.

Atticus Batman
06-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Personally, I don't see why there's even a leaderboard at Arkfalls. Arkfalls aren't about competition, they're about the community coming together to achieve something. That's how the current reward system is essentially set-up.

Remove the leaderboard. Provide a sortable list so all the try hards can see if they did more damage than everyone else, if that means so much to them.

Leave the competition in PvP, hotshots, and time trials.

One thing I'd like to see changed is having the lockbox reward for participating put into our claim gifts. That way it can be done even if we're not online because we got booted by the server.

Think you need to post that in the suggestion sub-forum. They are all good ideas. ESPECIALLY the LAST one! Seriously. Especially since the devs pay moree attention to those threads than in genaral, even if they don't respond.

But please let us know here if you do post that in the suggestion forum, cuz I will be there to agree with it if you do.

Colif
06-26-2013, 09:47 PM
No one touched my 2nd question, do you get a different reward at arkfalls if you have maxed perks and don't get exp anymore?

OK, its random, I just been unlucky last few times I got in top 3.

Atticus Batman
06-26-2013, 09:49 PM
No one touched my 2nd question, do you get a different reward at arkfalls if you have maxed perks and don't get exp anymore?

OK, its random, I just been unlucky last few times I got in top 3.

IT is always random and rarely anything good.

Colif
06-26-2013, 09:52 PM
I get better purple items from arkfalls than I have out of any other boxes recently, so its not all bad. Plenty of purple VBI AR's anyway.

N3gativeCr33p
06-26-2013, 10:42 PM
I get better purple items from arkfalls than I have out of any other boxes recently, so its not all bad. Plenty of purple VBI AR's anyway.

True. I have noticed the same thing as of late.

Yrkul
06-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Next time, check your arkfall rewards, people.

Yep. That's a tier 2 lockbox. Acing the board or just tagging will not change what comes out of those. Thus there's a microscopic chance of getting orange gear. So rare, it's... legendary! Forforforforfor!!!

fang1192
06-27-2013, 01:26 AM

This is stupid.

Oh noes, someone did good and is happy about it. Just ignore it, not that hard.

If they died 5 times they are stupid. Arkfalls are probably the least dangerous thing in game. And I dont like thanking my decoy for getting aggro off me. Thats just weird.

Healing and Support are completely unneeded. If you need to kite the matron or monarchs away from anywhere you're doing something wrong.

Everyone has a self revive, to the irritation of the players going for Arkhunting pursuit. Damage is incredibly easy to put out. Everyone should be self-sufficient enough to survive in the first place.

I really dont care, but if it stay as it is, you have people who tag and leave. No incentive to do well or even try.

Bolded replies.