PDA

View Full Version : Never said a bad thing about this game.

Aycid
06-26-2013, 05:16 AM
But my patience has ran out.

I Always said that this is a first and no doubt a huge undertaking for such a game, abit revolutionary also. so we have to give them some time.

but there are so many things screwed up in this game and things that should have been done completely different in the first place.

Arkfalls:
One of the major things about this game, are still broken with the same old glitch with people spending half an hour working at an arkfall only to find the *invisable crystal* or the *hidden heat sink* which they said they fixed patch after patch. But still have not (this is one of the biggest events in the game?!?!)

UI:
So many things wrong with this, plus no real thought put into it at all. Buying keycodes? lock boxes cost 8 for teir II 24 for tier III and 64 for tier IIII yet you can only buy one keycode at a time? = completely stupid wtf are they thinking?. This is just ONE thing they put no though AT ALL into.

Rarity values:
I can find a purple ,or even a blue sometimes of the same type/weapon and basicly same EGO (or even higher) as an orange yet they have more stat rolls than the orange? again WTF?

Salvage breakdown values:
So you finally get yourself nice rare orange after ages of looking and then an even longer time looking for the right synergy mods to stick into it. Now if you want to keep the mods or change the mods, you only have two options - destroy the weapon you waited so long to find to keep the mods, or destroy the mods you waited just as long to find (or even longer) both with the only purpose of destroying all your hard time and effort seeking them. (no real reason i can think of except they get some sick satisfaction of wasting your time so you do it over and over again)

PvP:
Now before you say this is a 3rd person shooter MMO!, the PvP is a minor factor!! blah blah blah.
They themselves have stated that this is a 3rd person shooter first and foremost. And shooting should always require some effort, timing, reaction, muscle control, reflexes ect ect in game or in real life.
But in all my years of playing games, since doom and heritic on dial up and LAN (around 20 years) this game has the most unbalanced PvP i have seen in my life.

Distuptor LMG:
Wtf is this? Like what? i am completely dumbfounded. thinking about this weapon and its purpose makes my head hurt. surely this weapon has some plus point to it? it has to be good at something? even if its shooting fish in a barrel from one foot away?. Dont rack your brain trying to find its strength people. IT HAS NONE

Voice Chat:
still the same as it was from the start, more often than not.( i think working this out will be no easy task) but if they do work on it they will screw something else. this seems to be their signature trait.

I could go on and on and on and on and on and on
and on.

and on.

But is it the devoplers fault? probably not. Its the fricking fat arse CEO's and PARTNERS of the game developers that call the shots and no doubt it was because of the deadline for the tie in with the TV show. And the devs knew for a fact is was not ready (quite fricking Obvious if i dont say so my self) just did. But they had no say in the matter, they were just told "make it work, IDGAF if it breaks every 5 minutes and is missing most of its parts, just make that POS work and look shiny like a polished turd!!"

and we the customers end up paying the price for it. sad thing is we are already paying to play beta games now, micro transactions and everything. even before an offical release. and game consumers are starting to think this is normal (because its becoming so common) when was the last time you bought a game that didnt have a ton of problems with it?

Take a page from rock star, and dont be bullied by investors and partners, tell them to F*OFF!!. dont bring out a game until the developers are happy with it. When you buy someting it should be completed. its that fricking simple or close enough to that the problems are negligible.

Rant :mad: :eek::p

Deaths Nation
06-26-2013, 05:48 AM
Its supposedly been in development since 2008. How is that anybody else's fault but theirs? 5 years is more than enough time to make a good solid game. This game is basically a big beta.

Covington
06-26-2013, 05:58 AM
Its supposedly been in development since 2008. How is that anybody else's fault but theirs?

"In development" does not mean writing code. It could have taken 3 years just to get started before one code was written.

Deaths Nation
06-26-2013, 06:04 AM
"In development" does not mean writing code. It could have taken 3 years just to get started before one code was written.

Oh I guess that makes everything that's wrong with this game OK.

Covington
06-26-2013, 06:07 AM
Oh I guess that makes everything that's wrong with this game OK.

Watch that chip it's about to fall off your shoulder.

I get you are angry but to attack someone who just pointed out what developing anything in this world means is a pretty far stretch from the actual conversation. Might want to check people's past posts before assuming what their opinions are and what you want them to be.

Deaths Nation
06-26-2013, 06:23 AM
Its not my fault you're sensitive. I wasn't attacking anybody and I don't care about your past posts. I was just responding to his comments as I did yours. You'll get over it. I'm not angry over the game. It's just a hobby. I just am disasppointed with the potential I'm seeing going down the drain.

Covington
06-26-2013, 06:26 AM
Its not my fault you're sensitive. I wasn't attacking anybody and I don't care about your past. I was just responding to his comments as I did yours. You'll get over it.

Not sensitive dear boy, just pointing out the facts. Hope you have a lovely day I know I will. :D

Deaths Nation
06-26-2013, 06:32 AM
So will I. Nice talking to you.

randomiez
06-26-2013, 07:08 AM
But in all my years of playing games, since doom and heritic on dial up and LAN (around 20 years)

zomg heretic... hexen... I had forgotten all about you.
<3

Aycid
06-26-2013, 07:16 AM
zomg heretic... hexen... I had forgotten all about you.
<3

i would love to see a remake of it :) could you imagine that atmosphere with todays graphics!!! <3

all being said though, i trully think its the deadline with the tie in for the TV show. I mean would sales really be that much different if they waited at little longer with the game!??!

with all the negatives this game has gotten if anything the sales probably would have been better. we all know the game was far from finished when they brought it out.

+ lets keep it civil, people are angry no doubt. but we are all on this forum for the same reason, to discuss. this aint no debate forum.

Free Love people!! FREE LOVE!!

SSGT Fett
06-26-2013, 07:35 AM
You can add EGO to your "WTF" list....EGO does nothing to unlock weapons or anything but skills that really don't do anything. i know a friend i just traded a fully loaded purple saw to and he's only a 345 ego and I'm a 2,436 ego and he can use my weapons.....now hows that fair or give me incentive to level up.

Oh ya, and has anyone found out what's the purpose of choosing classes at the beginning of the game is???? I'll tell ya....NOT a Thing!

I used to play for hours and hours, co-op maps i can do blind foldeded, did the main story now three times, done all the quests i can, ark falls are a joke, and I'm done playing dodge the invisible bouncing bunny with a one shot-shotgun kills in PVP.

I think it's time to start renting games again and put this on a shelf for like a year...that'll be about the time Trion gets off their ***** and releases the first DLC lmao....

randomiez
06-26-2013, 07:37 AM
Well, I can't offer much as to why there're so many problems. I have a lot of history with software development, but none of it in game development. I can tell you testing is really hard, though, and increasing complexity in your software (a game being among the most complex) causes exponentially increasing difficulty in testing. For the three platforms, I don't know whether you triple before or after the exponent.

I've run plenty of large online services (>100), and knew one of the guys who ran the Rockstar servers, so I know that systems engineering, administration, and maintenance are problematic but manageable. Point is, there will be problems, but they can be dealt with. Most of the services I ran could be run on commodity hardware, 'pizza box' servers that you buy in bulk (like, hundreds of them), but it would take some serious cluster computing mojo to run a game service that way. Too much state that needs to be held in memory for hours. So they'd have much better servers but far fewer of them, and that means one problem has much greater impact.

Being from a software and systems background, I guess I'm more tolerant of bugs and glitches than your average Joe. It really made me mad to spend more than an hour installing and patching the game, only to spend the next hour getting disconnected. But when the next day things were playable, I could shrug it off and just play the game.

For me that's the thing: so long as I can play the game, I can forgive problems. Life is problems, systems are more problems, and software is a multiplication of problems.

"If 'debugging' is the process of taking bugs out of software, then 'programming' must be the process of adding bugs to it."

BVegas
06-26-2013, 07:38 AM
I say take your game and throw it on the ground! lonely island style

Deaths Nation
06-26-2013, 07:40 AM
You're hired. They need all the help they can get. I don't know why they let half their team go.

Aycid
06-26-2013, 07:46 AM
people Always seem to think its the developers fault, when in actuality its the ceo's and investors that have the final say now days...

dont forget that.

Hawk skinner
06-26-2013, 08:24 AM
I agree the vot disrupter is completely worthless. I wish you could turn it into toilet paper with the salvage matrix.

Reverend Blood
06-26-2013, 08:26 AM
Shorter OP:
"Never said a bad thing about this game, but here's a list of bad things I have to say about this game."

SHADOWBROKER
06-26-2013, 08:36 AM
i think i might have a bigger list. you guys ready for todays new problems.

ISLAND3R
06-26-2013, 09:36 AM
I agree the vot disrupter is completely worthless. I wish you could turn it into toilet paper with the salvage matrix.

LOL!!!! I finally get an orange weapon from a lock box and what is it? Its an orange VOT Disrupter.
Its useless as **** on a bull. I tried and tried over and over again to trade it for another orange but I have had no success. So then I tried to trade it for a purple berserker shottie and still nothing. I think at this point all I can do is give it away!!!! I cant even get a little kid to give me 5k script for it.
As far as the rest of the OP. I agree with you. This game had so much potential but I think at this point all is lost. Unless they give it to another DEV team and company. That is the only thing that will save it at this point.

Caustic
06-26-2013, 09:44 AM

I Always said that this is a first and no doubt a huge undertaking for such a game, abit revolutionary also. so we have to give them some time.

but there are so many things screwed up in this game and things that should have been done completely different in the first place.

Arkfalls:
One of the major things about this game, are still broken with the same old glitch with people spending half an hour working at an arkfall only to find the *invisable crystal* or the *hidden heat sink* which they said they fixed patch after patch. But still have not (this is one of the biggest events in the game?!?!)

UI:
So many things wrong with this, plus no real thought put into it at all. Buying keycodes? lock boxes cost 8 for teir II 24 for tier III and 64 for tier IIII yet you can only buy one keycode at a time? = completely stupid wtf are they thinking?. This is just ONE thing they put no though AT ALL into.

Rarity values:
I can find a purple ,or even a blue sometimes of the same type/weapon and basicly same EGO (or even higher) as an orange yet they have more stat rolls than the orange? again WTF?

So you finally get yourself nice rare orange after ages of looking and then an even longer time looking for the right synergy mods to stick into it. Now if you want to keep the mods or change the mods, you only have two options - destroy the weapon you waited so long to find to keep the mods, or destroy the mods you waited just as long to find (or even longer) both with the only purpose of destroying all your hard time and effort seeking them. (no real reason i can think of except they get some sick satisfaction of wasting your time so you do it over and over again)

PvP:
Now before you say this is a 3rd person shooter MMO!, the PvP is a minor factor!! blah blah blah.
They themselves have stated that this is a 3rd person shooter first and foremost. And shooting should always require some effort, timing, reaction, muscle control, reflexes ect ect in game or in real life.
But in all my years of playing games, since doom and heritic on dial up and LAN (around 20 years) this game has the most unbalanced PvP i have seen in my life.

Distuptor LMG:
Wtf is this? Like what? i am completely dumbfounded. thinking about this weapon and its purpose makes my head hurt. surely this weapon has some plus point to it? it has to be good at something? even if its shooting fish in a barrel from one foot away?. Dont rack your brain trying to find its strength people. IT HAS NONE

Voice Chat:
still the same as it was from the start, more often than not.( i think working this out will be no easy task) but if they do work on it they will screw something else. this seems to be their signature trait.

and on.

and on.

But is it the devoplers fault? probably not. Its the fricking fat arse CEO's and PARTNERS of the game developers that call the shots and no doubt it was because of the deadline for the tie in with the TV show. And the devs knew for a fact is was not ready (quite fricking Obvious if i dont say so my self) just did. But they had no say in the matter, they were just told "make it work, IDGAF if it breaks every 5 minutes and is missing most of its parts, just make that POS work and look shiny like a polished turd!!"

and we the customers end up paying the price for it. sad thing is we are already paying to play beta games now, micro transactions and everything. even before an offical release. and game consumers are starting to think this is normal (because its becoming so common) when was the last time you bought a game that didnt have a ton of problems with it?

Take a page from rock star, and dont be bullied by investors and partners, tell them to F*OFF!!. dont bring out a game until the developers are happy with it. When you buy someting it should be completed. its that fricking simple or close enough to that the problems are negligible.

You must have the biggest ****** on the planet.

I'll get you some tow rope and rolls of bounty so you can make some tampons.

Whiner.

SSGT Fett
06-26-2013, 10:01 AM
You must have the biggest ****** on the planet.

I'll get you some tow rope and rolls of bounty so you can make some tampons.

Whiner.

you must be talking from experiance...do you suggest they use single or double ply lmfao

mikepaul
06-26-2013, 10:34 AM
So Trion said somewhere that the "Hidden heat sink" is a bug? That they didn't put that sink onto the base, and provide holes through which it could be destroyed, as an intentional plan? Wow, what a lucky bug. To think that it could have had no way for the sink to be destroyed.

Yea, right.

Meanwhile, after setting up my new router so that wasn't part of my disconnects anymore, I wasted time yesterday doing arkfalls that led to no rewards and wasn't thrilled. Thinking seriously of hooking up with Borderlands 2 friends for some Tiny Tina DLC time. Odds are it'll be less annoying...

los77
06-26-2013, 10:48 AM
But is it the devoplers fault? probably not? No
The fault of people who pre-order and wait in line on launch day. People pre-order something that they do not know works and then complain about unfinished game. I waited a month to buy and it's still broken. Worst game purchase i have made ever.

lllWARCHILDlll
06-26-2013, 03:18 PM
I think its awesome you listed the disruptors worth in here, really I do. Cause I felt the same way about it in the "Imaginary Patch" thread. Seriously. *applauds*

Jax Bane
06-26-2013, 03:21 PM

Arkfalls:

UI:

Rarity values:

PvP:

Distuptor LMG:

Voice Chat:

and on.

and on.

I make this simple and short, MAKE PC GAMES FOR PC AND MAKE CONSOLE GAMES FOR CONSOLE!!!!!!!!!! DONT SCREW UP THE PC GAMING INDUSTRY!!!!!!!