PDA

View Full Version : I downloaded the new patch... Our did I?

Beneven
06-26-2013, 07:56 AM
So I went through several patch failures and a reinstall to find it still says patch 1.21and I don't see anything new... is this right?

krayzgates
06-26-2013, 08:02 AM
they are setting it up now...will be able to patch 1022 in 3 hours

SHADOWBROKER
06-26-2013, 08:18 AM
or will it? last time they said 3 hours it took the whole day. im betting defiance will not be up till tomarrow after they patch the patch they are doing now. borderlands has new dlc its good and fun and needs no patch, just download and play.

Beneven
06-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Ahhhhhh... so what was that aggravation of patch failures and having to reinstall all about? I'm not a programmer so I don't understand exactly what's going on.

Second ahhhh moment... so this means no playing till this afternoon (or with their track record, tonight or probably tomorrow. 3 hours = 24 to 36 hours). Trion is like my sister. When she says "I'm right down the road, I'll be there in 5 minutes" that usually means she's just leaving her house and I've got an hour before she gets here.

dominad
06-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Mine still does not work this is what it does tries to install patch fails repeat, uninstalls game, makes you reinstall, and then add all patches and new one then lets you in game and you have to do it all over again every time you want to play. That is the experience of the posters who got the patch this time yesterday.
In essence I can no longer play Defiance. lo

Tzar of kaos
06-26-2013, 08:29 AM
I don't really understand why you're still play Defiance...Or maybe you like to complain after complain after complain....

Hawk skinner
06-26-2013, 08:36 AM
I don't really understand why you're still play Defiance...Or maybe you like to complain after complain after complain....

Because we paid money. Might as well try to play the game we paid for. I can't understand why its still broken. I don't know about you but im on a budget. I can't really afford to buy games and toss them aside.

Tzar of kaos
06-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Mine still does not work this is what it does tries to install patch fails repeat, uninstalls game, makes you reinstall, and then add all patches and new one then lets you in game and you have to do it all over again every time you want to play. That is the experience of the posters who got the patch this time yesterday.

The servers are down that'maybe why...

Tzar of kaos
06-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Because we paid money. Might as well try to play the game we paid for. I can't understand why its still broken

The game is not broken for me...Send a ticket or in the bugs report section if you got issues.

Hawk skinner
06-26-2013, 08:41 AM
The game is not broken for me...Send a ticket or in the bugs report section if you got issues.

Lol I've sent in 18 tickets. The best I get is "our developers are aware of the problem and are working on a solution." that would be fine but a month later no problems solved.

Hawk skinner
06-26-2013, 08:43 AM
I have even gotten phone customer service, I had to force them into that one. Live chat was also unhelpful. I had correspondence in email with devs, unhelpful.

Hawk skinner
06-26-2013, 08:43 AM
You said the game is not broken for you, let me ask you this, can you change your competitive outfit?

Tzar of kaos
06-26-2013, 08:48 AM
You said the game is not broken for you, let me ask you this, can you change your competitive outfit?

Nope,but the devs team knows this issue...And i can still play pvp.

dominad
06-26-2013, 08:48 AM
I am not playing anymore. I gave up as said the patch happened this time yesterday for many xbox users. After all the patching and reinstall worked but then it wants it to be done again. Either way done with the game but not the people. Not bitter got my moneys worth not my fault Trion has a poor customer service record and seems to have no idea what they are doing. I enjoyed the time I had playing Defiance bugs and all. They finally broke it on my end though

Hawk skinner
06-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Nope,but the devs team knows this issue...And i can still play pvp.

Okay when you are playing pvp how is the cerebus working for you? Are you noticing the driver and turret gunner turning invisible and being stationary across the board? They are able to be killed by the other team effortlessly. Or how about frag grenades not dealing dmg half the time?

Tzar of kaos
06-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Okay when you are playing pvp how is the cerebus working for you? Are you noticing the driver and turret gunner turning invisible and being stationary across the board? They are able to be killed by the other team effortlessly. Or how about frag grenades not dealing dmg half the time?

I don't know,i only played around 10 hours in pvp...

lllWARCHILDlll
06-26-2013, 11:53 AM

I know everybody is goin through BS with this patch they don't need to. I I just remembered thus one thing which may/may-not help your repeat install problem. --->If you have an independant installation of the game in it's save file which is seperate from the games own install you may need to remove THAT install. To identify it you need to look at the installs original date, if it was a seperate install done by you instead of the games recent "self install" then remove that (THE PRE-Dated one, the one you may have done from the dashboard). Now, regardless of mine being removed a while ago (I install most games) these patches still fail 1st try and disable the controller every time so you may still be looking at having to do it twice. Once to fail after you remove the "independant game install" and once because the 2nd attempt doesn't fail (mostly). Dunno if this helps but lemme know if it works.*

ToRoIoOoNoS WoEoAoK
06-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Nope you downloaded trash!