PDA

View Full Version : anyone think defiance will go the way of FFXIV?

DaFriginPope
06-26-2013, 10:25 AM
you know how the original developers screwed the game up so much they eventually all got fired and hired a completely new team and re-released the game like a year later

Jinto
06-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Wow look at you dropping inaccurate knowledge as 14 came out in 2010 and why is it that Defiance is a failure after a few months because they haven't dropped day one DLC and new DLC ever week?

and the Dev team wasn't fired as some of the same people that are working on 14 also work for the KH Dev team

As for your "New Dev Team" thats also wrong as they move over the FF11 team over to 14 to help with the making of 2.0 and to make up for the fact some people had to get to work on Vs13/FF15 and KH3 *sigh* why is it no one ever thinks before they hit the submit/reply button

Wildblu
06-26-2013, 10:39 AM
I personally would like to see it succeed. I haven't been able to delve to deeply into the game but the time I have spent playing has been fun. I think its one of those games where only time can tell. Defiance could go either way depending on what they due with it over the next 6 months. I know that sounds non committal but Defiance is still fairly new and so far its really one of the few games that is attempting to deviate from the general MMO mold.

Dooks
06-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Wow look at you dropping inaccurate knowledge as 14 came out in 2010 and why is it that Defiance is a failure after a few months because they haven't dropped day one DLC and new DLC ever week?

and the Dev team wasn't fired as some of the same people that are working on 14 also work for the KH Dev team

As for your "New Dev Team" thats also wrong as they move over the FF11 team over to 14 to help with the making of 2.0 and to make up for the fact some people had to get to work on Vs13/FF15 and KH3 *sigh* why is it no one ever thinks before they hit the submit/reply button

Wrong side of the bed or pi$$ in your cornflakes?

Fancypants
06-26-2013, 10:47 AM
you know how the original developers screwed the game up so much they eventually all got fired and hired a completely new team and re-released the game like a year laterFinal Fantasy is an iconic IP. Square Enix's main draw was the FF series of games and lore. That world is just as big as Star Wars in many respects (although from a gaming perspective). The IP has had several movies made off of it, fans for decades that pass it onto their children and in Japan, it's near holy.

The amount of investment money into FFXIV was enormous.. even more than EA/Bioware put into SWTOR. There was no way they could simply walk away from that investment, even though they could have absorbed the financial loss. The reason they revamped it was because if they did, there might never have been another FF game made after that failure if the Japanese fans felt betrayed.

FFXIV wasn't redone so Westerners could play and enjoy it.. it was done for Japanese fans and to salvage the company's reputation.

I'm not going to get into what Defiance is, but we know it's NONE of that and has none of that going for it.

Rift is Trion's bet for the future even though Defiance is a 'younger' game. They would cut this game lose in a heartbeat and send all the people to work on Rift's F2P before they redid this game. Hell, they fired what?... 75% of the Defiance team already?

Kessler
06-26-2013, 10:47 AM

Wait you think the OP deserved a lively debate of his moronic question? No he deserved to get smacked down like all the other pathetic whiners.

Mowazzy
06-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Final Fantasy is an iconic IP. Square Enix's main draw was the FF series of games and lore. That world is just as big as Star Wars in many respects (although from a gaming perspective). The IP has had several movies made off of it, fans for decades that pass it onto their children and in Japan, it's near holy.

The amount of investment money into FFXIV was enormous.. even more than EA/Bioware put into SWTOR. There was no way they could simply walk away from that investment, even though they could have absorbed the financial loss. The reason they revamped it was because if they did, there might never have been another FF game made after that failure if the Japanese fans felt betrayed.

FFXIV wasn't redone so Westerners could play and enjoy it.. it was done for Japanese fans.

I'm not going to get into what Defiance is, but we know it's NONE of that and has none of that going for it.

Rift is Trion's bet for the future even though Defiance is a 'younger' game. They would cut this game lose in a heartbeat and send all the people to work on Rift's F2P before they redid this game. Hell, they fired what?... 75% of the Defiance team already?

Great post.

los77
06-26-2013, 10:51 AM
I hope it goes the way of the dodo bird. Dead forever!

Dooks
06-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Wait you think the OP deserved a lively debate of his moronic question? No he deserved to get smacked down like all the other pathetic whiners.

Why? For asking a question? While what he described was not 100% accurate, it was close enough to what happened to warrant the question and not get ripped for technicallities .

jbob spittlewop
06-26-2013, 11:07 AM
I suppose this is an example of final fantasy fan boyism? Haha. "NO YOUR WRONG! This developer changed projects because his cat was sick that day and he really didn't want cat poop all over the place!" come on man, it's a generalization you can't honestly expect everyone to know every minute detail of this crap...

Bar0n_5am3d1
06-26-2013, 11:15 AM

My guess would be tired of the stupidity. It's like radiation, you can only take so much.

IAMVILELENT
06-26-2013, 11:27 AM
If you got a busted arm that's bleeding out and could take out the rest of the body, would you try to save the arm or cut it off? Nuff said.

Sanguinesun
06-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Defiance will linger for at least one more year. Of that Im pretty darn sure. Beyond that not even Richardsson knows.

squidgod2000
06-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Defiance isn't bad enough to get shut down nor is it promising enough to warrant a rebuild/relaunch (even VG never got a real relaunch).

FFXIV:ARR was a one-off. It'll never happen again. Thankfully, ARR is a beast of a game and Yoshi-P is gonna be a household name among MMOers.

mbergeron
06-26-2013, 02:09 PM
It would be cool if they developed a new version for the next gen consoles and pc that had a lot of stuff people wanted as well as bugs and what not fixed.