PDA

View Full Version : Failed Patch

Safferus
06-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Downloaded and installed the patch and right at the end it said "critical failed to download" Then the game froze and on a reboot of the Xbox It has made me install the game again??

What's going on???

duction
06-26-2013, 10:31 AM
i got an error but all ihad to do was reinstall the patch again where it left off.

MaxSterling
06-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Your failure to read the server status (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?97929-NA-and-EU-Update-June-26-8-00-AM-PT) is what's wrong.

killercommi
06-26-2013, 10:32 AM
the same thing happened to me the servers are down right now so im sure its related to that. Just shut down the xbox and wait it out. Still going to b a little bit before the servers are supposed to be up and running again.

irishwolf37
06-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Servers still down or are you guys in the game now. Got the same fail, 40 mins of various reboots and now the always
"Happy to see" CRITICAL sever not available. I get it if the servers are still down but if this is yet another epic fail I think I'm done, and I only got the game yesterday. Feel real bad for you guys with time and $$$ involved. Someone let us know if they era in the game, please.

Safferus
06-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Your failure to not be a knobhead is also what is wrong.

Your failure to read the server status (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?97929-NA-and-EU-Update-June-26-8-00-AM-PT) is what's wrong.

Everyone else thanks for the info, why not just stop you from downloading at all if its just going to fail and crash??

torch327
06-26-2013, 10:45 AM

As the above said,you need to read server status,for those of you who aren't capable of and/or willing to doing that and still want to whine about servers being down down and patches failing I will tell you what you should be looking up on your own....the servers were scheduled to go down at 9am pacific time for 3 hours.that's 10 mountain,11 central,and 12 eastern for those of you who don't know how to figure it out on your own.so until its been 3 hours quit trying and complaining

MaxSterling
06-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Your failure to not be a knobhead is also what is wrong.
I'm not the knobhead who came to the forum and completely missed the section at the top. If something is wrong, especially a server connection issue, the first thing I check is the server status and patch notes. That's just common sense...

dominad
06-26-2013, 10:47 AM
And why make it ready 16 hours ago :P
Way to get players to waste their time.
This will be interesting lets see if it works.

duction
06-26-2013, 10:50 AM
i want to know what they are patching that is not in the patch notes :)

torch327
06-26-2013, 10:53 AM
And why make it ready 16 hours ago :P
Way to get players to waste their time.
This will be interesting lets see if it works.

Scheduled downtime is always posted a minimum of 12 hours before it is going to happen.besides.if they did it 16 hours ago when it was ready it would have interrupted primetime gaming hours.right now is when there are the least amount of people on.so it makes sense to do it now instead of when it was ready.

torch327
06-26-2013, 10:57 AM

Yes it is,when I tried patching it said right on the patch screen what it was patching

Safferus
06-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Thank you for keeping me entertained while I was waiting, the patch worked on the third attempt

I'm not the knobhead who came to the forum and completely missed the section at the top. If something is wrong, especially a server connection issue, the first thing I check is the server status and patch notes. That's just common sense...

Safferus
06-26-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm now in

South3rnPrid3
06-26-2013, 11:03 AM
patch 1.022. Thats all they are patching I think.

dominad
06-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Scheduled downtime is always posted a minimum of 12 hours before it is going to happen.besides.if they did it 16 hours ago when it was ready it would have interrupted primetime gaming hours.right now is when there are the least amount of people on.so it makes sense to do it now instead of when it was ready.
You missed the point.
They did the forced patch 16 hours ago on the xbox users many posts from yesterday with identical problems. Not been able to play since then. Please read the post fully. They have not explained why they did it either. See the bug forum

ethas
06-26-2013, 11:10 AM
I have the same problem. I Stoppee playing the game a little while ago, then i began again but it obviously needed to update. At the end it said failed to receive version files. So i deleted everything from my hardrive and installed it again. But at the veryend of the updating and patching it said faild to patch and is now reinstalling the game. This is very frustrating, but i really want to play it. Any help.would b.greatly appreciated.

South3rnPrid3
06-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Get your facts straight. If your going to go through all the trouble of putting the times up and acting like you're so smart and superior to everyone, then get the time right at least. It was 8am pacific time. Read before your run your mouth... FYI

MaxSterling
06-26-2013, 11:14 AM
I have the same problem. I Stoppee playing the game a little while ago, then i began again but it obviously needed to update. At the end it said failed to receive version files. So i deleted everything from my hardrive and installed it again. But at the veryend of the updating and patching it said faild to patch and is now reinstalling the game. This is very frustrating, but i really want to play it. Any help.would b.greatly appreciated.
And this http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/fighting/bash-head.gif moment was brought to you by...

torch327
06-26-2013, 11:15 AM
You missed the point.
They did the forced patch 16 hours ago on the xbox users many posts from yesterday with identical problems. Not been able to play since then. Please read the post fully. They have not explained why they did it either. See the bug forum

No they did not due a patch on the console 16 hours ago.I started playing about 3 hours before they went down and didn't have a patch to download.there may have been a server side fix,but not anything to the console

dominad
06-26-2013, 11:27 AM
No they did not due a patch on the console 16 hours ago.I started playing about 3 hours before they went down and didn't have a patch to download.there may have been a server side fix,but not anything to the console

Maybe this will assist you and there is many users posting today that also had to do this patch last night. Just because you did not experience it where is your proof that I or other users did not? Here is my proof and the reason why I am not bothering with the game and patch now. I am just reading here to see what is happening and it is a repeat of last night.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?98009-What-in-the-blueberry-fk-Patch-reset 1am today after the patch done first 12 or 14 hours ago
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?98022-NA-downloading....patch-3-times-now-The-hell 110am same issues
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?98036-Game-save-corrupted 142am game save corrupted from the new patch
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?98005-If-the-patch-is-tomorrow-then... 1236am when people started having the patch issues numerous replies

Anyway there is many more have a look at them. More were vanished from the forum today.
I try and stick to the facts and am clear when something is my experience or also others. I think in this case it is obvious this patch did happen last night for numerous xbox users causing major issues that have continued till today making the game break for multiple users. There is still no reply from Trion.

dominad
06-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Get your facts straight. If your going to go through all the trouble of putting the times up and acting like you're so smart and superior to everyone, then get the time right at least. It was 8am pacific time. Read before your run your mouth... FYI
If that was directed at me see above post. I am familiar with PT time and was aware of scheduled times. You can see my post in the bug section requesting support.

ToRoIoOoNoS WoEoAoK
06-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Trion Failed at life not just making patchs.

PEICE OF SH IT GAME THAT WAS PATCHED TOGETHER FROM DEAD GAMES!

grim bloody reaper
06-27-2013, 01:10 AM
Just happened to me! said to install patch and then it said failed.. Now asked me to install game again WTF is going on. now another 15 min waiting for patch. better not fail again, if it does the F**king game is being traded.

eviltedi
06-27-2013, 02:10 AM
oh for goodness sake

patch error - restart game

patch error - restart console

several updates (4 or 5) of average 5 mins each ... followed by, guess what... PATCH ERROR

cannot get into game at all, any suggestions as I don't fancy another about 2 hours of installing and patching from scratch

Kateo
06-27-2013, 03:26 AM
oh for goodness sake

patch error - restart console

several updates (4 or 5) of average 5 mins each ... followed by, guess what... PATCH ERROR

cannot get into game at all, any suggestions as I don't fancy another about 2 hours of installing and patching from scratch

You're not missing anything atm anyway lol. Game is apparently down AGAIN because I got patched up, went to log in my character and, you guessed it, "Your connection to the Defiance servers has timed out..." Again, Im not one to usually complain about these kinds of downtimes but holy baby jesus covered in bbq sauce, this is getting Ef'ing ridiculous. Seriously considering trading this game in. I like it, don't get me wrong, there's just WAAAAAY too much downtime involved.

South3rnPrid3
07-02-2013, 09:43 AM
If that was directed at me see above post. I am familiar with PT time and was aware of scheduled times. You can see my post in the bug section requesting support.

No it wasn't directed towards you. I thought it was obvious but I should of posted the quote. It was directed to torch327. You weren't the one acting like you know it all.