PDA

View Full Version : Few questions after playing BETA

Lithic
03-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Hey guys, so now that i have played the BETA for a few hours I have a few questions that will determine whether i spend the money for the game. I was hoping you guys could help me out, I tried searching for some but no luck.

I am a person who likes to stray from the course and adventure and find unique things.
IS there loot in the open world? So far I can only see loot that drops from mobs, and there really is no reason to ever adventure in 80% of the world?

Is there going to be an auction house type of a thing?

Why does no one talk/speak in the chat channel, I have tried to sell some uncommon items etc, and I see NO ONE speaking at all.

Is the game going to have longetivity, will there be random encounters and raids all the way up to endgame?

Thanks a bunch guys! I am really hoping that there will be loot found in the world, for instance you find a cave in a mountain and adventure in it and find ancient guns or loot or money etc I like to find loot not just kill for it.:cool::cool:

Lithic
03-25-2013, 11:25 AM
One other thing, does loot even drop when you kill enemies? I just realized that the only loot I have recieved has been from quest rewards, the enemies only drop currency, which can be used at these vendor type things? I have yet to see a gun or shield drop from an enemy?

BleakPanther
03-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Mobs do drop loot. It was tuned down for the betas.

Exploration seems to be just for kicks and to get to more remote sidequests. Just an observation so I could be wrong.

No auction House at launch.

Chat was a little hosed in the betas and most I'd assume were more interested in the gameplay than the communication. I am a chat watcher and saw quite a bit more area and group chatter than I expected. Seems like more of a push for voice chat than anything.

As far as finding loot is concerned, the arkfalls in the release version will award loot but that feature was turned off in the beta. Here's also faction rep that is awarded for doing stuff in their respective zones but those were disabled as well this weekend if I'm not mistaken.

Lithic
03-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Not drawing any attention 0.o ? Really would apprecaite some info guys, depends on whether I purchase or not.

Another thing is I see everyone that has been playing a while running around with some lightning cannon and a rocket launcher, is that pretty much the only weapons that are feasible end game weapons?

I watched a youtube video of a guy on PS3 playing defiance and the fluid motion / gameplay seemed alot better than on the xbox? Has anyone noticed that?

cassell
03-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Not drawing any attention 0.o ? Really would apprecaite some info guys, depends on whether I purchase or not.

Another thing is I see everyone that has been playing a while running around with some lightning cannon and a rocket launcher, is that pretty much the only weapons that are feasible end game weapons?

I watched a youtube video of a guy on PS3 playing defiance and the fluid motion / gameplay seemed alot better than on the xbox? Has anyone noticed that?

BleakPanther provided a pretty clear response. I am not sure about "lightning cannons and rocket launchers" but I am sure some people may find those fit their play style. Each gun type has it's use and purpose. Nobody can tell you what is or is not "feasible" at end game because nobody even knows what end game is. With 5 DLC already scheduled "end game" (if there is a traditional end game) will change frequently.

In short: Use whatever weapon combos fit your playstyle.