PDA

View Full Version : An Error in Judgment or How To Fudge Your Future!

Notiss Skii
06-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Just checked out new patch, started reading the fixes, and every thing was fine until I got to:

"Vehicles can now damage Hellbug Blast Pods."

What?!!!
Hellbug Blast Pods make the fight a FIGHT! You're at an Arkfall everything is going as plan...then you hear this high pitched whine, and - BLAM! BLAM! - BLAM!!! Your on the ground almost dead. You pop up and you look around, and - before you know it, it happens again and now you have to extract. Can't rely on the others, cause there dead too.

What have you learned? Like a zombie, Blast Pods "...must be killed on sight!"(orig. "DAWN OF THE DEAD"). Hear that whine, fine them kill them. Roll. Jump. Figure it out!

Most of the time Arkfalls are easy for me. Given the tools like any sensible gamer I worked on technique.

I can equally devote attention to the Arkfall Crystal destruction and the destruction of the opposing enemy(DECOY is the only way I can get breathing room when things get hot, then I sprinkle battlefield with liberal application of high explosives...and yes, I have battle a crystal solo and completed, Blast Pods and all...exciting and nerve racking, and I try don't to do that anymore, but can't help myself when presented with an unattended crystal).

So, now we can use our vehicles to damage Blast Pods?

Why stop there? We could all just stay in our vehicles and drive around ramming shtako. What fun!

I look at the Blast Pods as a challenge, not to bemoan and whimper about, but to luxuriated in as an old foe - constantly demanding me to get better or die.

I chose to get better. Gone is the bib and the bottle.

They demand that Trion change it. Well I have my own demand to those players that wish this:

GET BETTER!

So, here I give voice to my personal opposition to this particular fix in this particular patch.

JOIN ME.

Please keep Hellbug Blast Pods free from vehicular harm.

JustinM19
06-26-2013, 03:50 PM
This thread I like it! ANOTHER!

Wtflag
06-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Not sure if serious.

It doesn't make much of a difference since vehicles now explodes on hitting a chicken or two. No one is going to be using vehicles to crush bugs as it was in the past.

The only thing this change changes is that you can drive though them on time trials.

JxSiN
06-26-2013, 04:21 PM
While I agree that they shouldn't be making things easier in the game (blast pods and the dark matter base, wtf?) on the same note you have to remember that the cars of 2046 are made from an all new material not seen on vehicles from our time. Paper mache

Kateo
06-26-2013, 04:25 PM
.....on the same note you have to remember that the cars of 2046 are made from an all new material not seen on vehicles from our time. Paper mache

I totally lul'd at this because it's so true :D

Nyako
06-26-2013, 04:27 PM
While I agree that they shouldn't be making things easier in the game (blast pods and the dark matter base, wtf?) on the same note you have to remember that the cars of 2046 are made from an all new material not seen on vehicles from our time. Paper mache

Paper Mache lol....

Just add a little water, and boom, the car is no more.

Wtflag
06-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Paper Mache lol....

Just add a little water, and boom, the car is no more.

Happens every time i drove my car into water ... or spill coffee.

JxSiN
06-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Happens every time i drove my car into water ... or spill coffee.

Haven't you guys notice what happens to the car when you drive it into the ocean? It doesn't even explode or anything. One moment you are flying through the air in your heated leather seats, the next you are swimming in the cold, cold bay waters (and if anyone has ever been in that water, you know it is COLD).