PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one finding this patch hysterical?

JxSiN
06-26-2013, 04:36 PM
First off, this isn't a bashing thread cuz I do love this game, and while I may not agree with a lot of decisions Trion has been making (nerfing cars, weapons, etc) I still believe there is potential for this game. With that being said, I have laughed so hard so many times since downloading this patch.

1) Upon hearing about cutting keys in arkfalls, I log in and see one immediately. I go to it, get the same pre-patch rewards. But then, I travel to Coit. I decide to run up to the statue (my hangout spot while afk) only to be blocked by an invisible barrier. Trying to have fun with it I am trying to find my way around, only to end up waist deep in the statue and now movement locked on all sides.

2) Doing emergencies, now those digger things that the raiders and 99'ers pop out of aren't showing for me and apparently for the computer AI either. I can kinda figure out where they are (cuz I can't move through the area they are suppose to be in) so I run behind it and just stand there, watching the raiders shoot at me, only hitting my new invisible force field.

3) Finished an emergency like that and called my car, which apparently had the front end spawn on one of the invisible diggers. All I hear is kachunk kachunk and see the front end buckle like I hit a brick wall going 85mph.

4) Queue up for Liberate the Lost, only to have 3 of the 4 team members be stuck behind an invisible wall at the first intersection, but the 4th able to walk right by it and look at us like "wtf, come on guys."

I can't help but to laugh at these things, cuz they are kinda funny. None of it is game-breaking for me and I know it will get fixed (somehow). Anyone else finding anything kinda funny?

And please no, I hate this game posts. Just looking for some humor you guys are experiencing.

IGears
06-26-2013, 04:40 PM
First off, this isn't a bashing thread cuz I do love this game, and while I may not agree with a lot of decisions Trion has been making (nerfing cars, weapons, etc) I still believe there is potential for this game. With that being said, I have laughed so hard so many times since downloading this patch.

1) Upon hearing about cutting keys in arkfalls, I log in and see one immediately. I go to it, get the same pre-patch rewards. But then, I travel to Coit. I decide to run up to the statue (my hangout spot while afk) only to be blocked by an invisible barrier. Trying to have fun with it I am trying to find my way around, only to end up waist deep in the statue and now movement locked on all sides.

2) Doing emergencies, now those digger things that the raiders and 99'ers pop out of aren't showing for me and apparently for the computer AI either. I can kinda figure out where they are (cuz I can't move through the area they are suppose to be in) so I run behind it and just stand there, watching the raiders shoot at me, only hitting my new invisible force field.

3) Finished an emergency like that and called my car, which apparently had the front end spawn on one of the invisible diggers. All I hear is kachunk kachunk and see the front end buckle like I hit a brick wall going 85mph.

4) Queue up for Liberate the Lost, only to have 3 of the 4 team members be stuck behind an invisible wall at the first intersection, but the 4th able to walk right by it and look at us like "wtf, come on guys."

I can't help but to laugh at these things, cuz they are kinda funny. None of it is game-breaking for me and I know it will get fixed (somehow). Anyone else finding anything kinda funny?

And please no, I hate this game posts. Just looking for some humor you guys are experiencing.

Its hard being a fan, when Trion does this crap over and over.

viperstryke78
06-26-2013, 04:41 PM
At work at the moment. I have to try this new patch, sounds like fun, IMO.

maverick07
06-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Funny you mention the Liberate the Lost thing. That happened to a friend the last time we ran that map. Before today's patch. Needless to say he filed a ticket lol.

Quick question though bro if you know. Did they make any changes to weapon stats at all? I'm about to post a guide about weapon bonus rolls and haven't been on today. Would hate to post wrong info!

JxSiN
06-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Like I said, none of this is game-breaking to me or is going to make me hate trion; I just find these little quirks humorous. On a positive note, every major issue I've had with the game (such as the ammo reload glitch, losing the last perk, etc) has been fixed. Sometimes it comes down to "Hurry up and wait!" These things, especially the buckling car, makes me laugh. Wish I had more time running through everything, but now they brought the servers down so I am assuming they are fixing most of these small issues.

Funny you mention the Liberate the Lost thing. That happened to a friend the last time we ran that map. Before today's patch. Needless to say he filed a ticket lol.

Quick question though bro if you know. Did they make any changes to weapon stats at all? I'm about to post a guide about weapon bonus rolls and haven't been on today. Would hate to post wrong info!

The LtL was just funny. 3 people's bullets were just hitting an invisible wall, but 1 guy was killing all the baddies. When we tried to proceed, we all got stuck except for him and he just kinda turns and is looking at us like wtf. I would have loved to have seen the image through his screen.

As for the weapon stats, I didn't go through my inventory to check. I will probably go with no tho, cuz I've been running a disruptor through some tests just to see if there might be a gem hidden in some poo. Took it to San Quentin and I can tell ya, it's still the same poo sandwich it was yesterday. Oh, while I was at SQ, one of the box/sandbag areas where you fight the hulker was also kinda funny-glitched. I couldn't jump on top of the box (invisi-wall), but could run right through the sandbags. The hulker could not tho. Good times :)

Wtflag
06-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Maybe when it is time to upload the 1.22 patch they accidentally used the Shivering Isles disk.

X64
06-26-2013, 05:35 PM
This patch keeps the whiners away in-game coz they called their mommy for the patch bullying them.

maverick07
06-26-2013, 05:36 PM
As for the weapon stats, I didn't go through my inventory to check. I will probably go with no tho, cuz I've been running a disruptor through some tests just to see if there might be a gem hidden in some poo. Took it to San Quentin and I can tell ya, it's still the same poo sandwich it was yesterday. Oh, while I was at SQ, one of the box/sandbag areas where you fight the hulker was also kinda funny-glitched. I couldn't jump on top of the box (invisi-wall), but could run right through the sandbags. The hulker could not tho. Good times :)

I will say one thing good about the Disruptor. It seems to proc nanos A LOT. Probably better than any other gun in the game. Too bad it doesn't do jack for damage.

I did see you were looking for an OJ one in the trade forums, and I do have one, but tbh I've been doing some tests also with it. Thought about trading it but I guess I'm slightly hopeful that they will buff it somehow. A lot of people mentioned it in the least favorite weapon thread. And it figures that the one Orange I get some solid rolls on would be a Disruptor!

JxSiN
06-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Maybe when it is time to upload the 1.22 patch they accidentally used the Shivering Isles disk.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

omg, it hurts from laughing!

JxSiN
06-26-2013, 06:01 PM
I will say one thing good about the Disruptor. It seems to proc nanos A LOT. Probably better than any other gun in the game. Too bad it doesn't do jack for damage.

I did see you were looking for an OJ one in the trade forums, and I do have one, but tbh I've been doing some tests also with it. Thought about trading it but I guess I'm slightly hopeful that they will buff it somehow. A lot of people mentioned it in the least favorite weapon thread. And it figures that the one Orange I get some solid rolls on would be a Disruptor!

Yeah, the one I picked up doesn't have a nano but has incredible rolls (double reload, mag, ego refresh) and reloads as fasts as an AR. I've heard that you can't use a shot converter on votek weapons though (never tried as the only weapons I ever had that needed them were earth-tech). Also, I was talking to another guy about buying another one off oh him that had a different synergy and a nano, but I can't remember who it was.. and you know how the ps3 trade forums are. If you don't bump a post once every few hours it ends up past page 5.

Still, I want to put this nano proc'ing to the test now. I just finished a great TACC autopistol (that most people call crap) and now am I not only doing insane damage with it, it proc's about once per mag (1x per mag, electricity {stun}, and a crit that rivals an unmodded wolfhound!). If the disruptor can beat the TACC AP on proc's then I may change my opinion a little.

Capattac
06-26-2013, 06:02 PM
JxSiN... you need to repost your story in my thread... Best moments in Defiance. Way to turn a bad event into something funny!

Elric1
06-26-2013, 06:14 PM
At work at the moment. I have to try this new patch, sounds like fun, IMO.

Well I guess this is their idea of 'free content' breaking things and making it fun to exploit and ruin another's fun (in pvp) Yeah this is hilarious that is the only way we get any kind of real lasting content from trion.

viperstryke78
06-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Well I guess this is their idea of 'free content' breaking things and making it fun to exploit and ruin another's fun (in pvp) Yeah this is hilarious that is the only way we get any kind of real lasting content from trion.

Who wouldn't like to play hide and seek, when you can go though walls and they can't.

JxSiN
06-26-2013, 06:20 PM
JxSiN... you need to repost your story in my thread... Best moments in Defiance. Way to turn a bad event into something funny!

LoL, which one man? And I always try to see the positive, sometimes that is the only way to get through life. Find humor in a bad situation. If it were game breaking, it may be different, but it's not and I know it will get fixed. Now that Lord of the Rings game by Snowblind studios, yeah....... I was not happy. Such an amazing game from the creators of one of my all-time favorite games (Champions of Norrath) only to be roadblocked by a small glitch near one of the last levels in a boss fight. You couldn't proceed, couldn't back out. All you could do is start over, only to play to that part again and cross your fingers that it didn't happen again. Best part was their statement (even a year after release), while we acknowledge a potential game breaking bug that many of you are experiencing, we do not have any plans in the near future of rolling out a patch to correct this problem. That, to me, is my definition of game breaking (not only destroying the game, but my grand image of the company as well).

JxSiN
06-26-2013, 06:28 PM

I am so glad I am not a hardcore pvp'er and rarely do it. I can hear some of my clanmates cursing up a storm right now tho (and I'm not even playing the game ATM, lol)

dominad
06-26-2013, 06:37 PM
lol when I did get in the game after 2 hours before it booted me I found the emergencies strange empty of enemy's and then boom I got xp and the raider things would go. Invisible walls sound fun wonder if they are on pvp. Shame I can't play read that someone could get stuck in a rock and not die on one of the rampages I always can't complete because it bugs.
Would have loved to see the co op guys face too he was probably thinking you were all idiots who did not know where to go :P

Misfit501
06-26-2013, 06:39 PM
I've been at work all day. Is this the kind of fun that I've been missing out on?

Oh yea, and no more Charlie!

RedMage
06-26-2013, 08:53 PM

Haha, nice one. The funniest thing to happen to me since the patch is reading this thread while waiting for the damn thing to dl and install.

Orbital
06-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Did the consoles get a different patch than the PC? Because I am not noticing any invis walls at coit or horseshoe bay, nor did I run into anything different than usual at soleptor co-op.

JxSiN
06-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Did the consoles get a different patch than the PC? Because I am not noticing any invis walls at coit or horseshoe bay, nor did I run into anything different than usual at soleptor co-op.

It was only between the patch and the reset that the weird stuff was happening. I haven't noticed any problems like it since (except SQ giving everyone in my group keys but me).

dbcameron
06-27-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm still running into enemies getting stuck inside the buildings at the mines and it is kind of fun trying to figure out where the goldrusher is by the red glow of his 'zerker rage.

As for the rest of it this was my first patch day that I didn't have off of work so missed the down time, and apparently the hilarity, lol rock is OP...