PDA

View Full Version : Defiance mission.

AnguishX
06-26-2013, 05:08 PM
So I got to the DEFIANCE mission about three days ago. I tried the mission with explosives, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, lmgs, smgs, assasult rifles, pistols, infectors, BMG's, and just got so pissed I just meleed (didn't work so well). :(

So how do I kill him Alone sense you cant go in with another person (Player). I have watched every video on how to do it but I cant do it. I die. I get him to the second part (with the clones) and I die in about a minute. there has to be an easier way to kill him then what all the videos say. (link for the main one below). im in desperate need of help or I may never touch this game again. :mad::mad::mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufx3YLhgLi4

Alexri
06-26-2013, 05:15 PM
When I first did it I died a lot. I managed to do it with a BMG, and thought it was the hardest fight in the game. I replayed the story up to that mission and then didn't touch it for ages, then when I actually did, the combination of having become better at the game and having gotten better weapons resulted in killing him so fast he didn't have time to go through all of his minor stages (all three phases happened ofc, just not each individual stage of those phases).

Morale of the story is that if you can't kill him, stop trying, and just play the game. Eventually that mission become so easy that you can do it in your sleep.

FWIW, my second run at him was with my standard PVE gear. It consists of a Tachmag Pulser and VOT Fragger, both with Syphon. I also use all three damage reduction/health perks, and a respark shield. The damage reduction perks made his attacks too weak to one hit me, so I actually started chasing him down instead of the other way around. He might seem invincible, but 11 VOT Fragger rounds to the face and he's nto so tough anymore.

Wtflag
06-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Use a spark shield.

Equip Thickskin and Escape Artist.

Then it is just a matter of not letting him hit you more than three times in a row before you get your shields and health back.

(PS: I'm totally going to try and melee him with charge blades when the DLC drops, who is thinking of doing the same?)

FTPArmystrong19K
06-26-2013, 05:26 PM
I didn't die once. That was the easiest boss fight ever to me. I used a light machine gun.

X64
06-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Better get his fight pattern. I didn't use all of those, I used an infector with the 5-round burst. Every charge he makes should be timed with a nice roll to the side and fire the infector after his charge. If he cloaks, just wait for him to pop out and roll away from him before he drops down. Finished Nim at Ego 400~.

X64
06-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Use a spark shield.

Then it is just a matter of not letting him hit you more than three times in a row before you get your shields and health back.

(PS: I'm totally going to try and melee him with charge blades when the DLC drops, who is thinking of doing the same?)

*Looks at avatar pic*

JxSiN
06-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Use a spark shield.

This. Plus I used cloak, which gives you a little extra non-agro time that allows your shield to build. On top of that, I was around 2300 ego, so I had extra perk slots. Plus the weapons I used I had max skill PLUS max xp on the weapon as well (bonus roll) and no crap rolls on the weapon. I died once, learned from my mistake and beat him the next.

Like someone else said, put him off. Work on pursuits, weapon leveling, whatever. Experiment with different power/perk/weapon/shield/grenade loadouts. When you think you got it, go for it

AnguishX
06-26-2013, 06:13 PM
im at 689 EGO atm. is there an easier way to level up then just killing things or arkfalls?

JxSiN
06-26-2013, 06:24 PM
im at 689 EGO atm. is there an easier way to level up then just killing things or arkfalls?

You will fly through those early ego levels doing pursuits (some are ridiculously easy), weapon leveling (don't make the noob mistake of wondering why the weapon skill xp bar isn't moving and the gun is maxed out), vehicle leveling, co ops (also great for weapon leveling), and of course, killing things

dominad
06-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Depending on your ego you can add in perks that help.
I use regeneration, fortified, hunker down, cellular armor, umm all the defensive ones that boost things and a regen respark 50hp not gone back to fight him yet though with them but my game broke. I found the saw best against him the BMG did not help me at all. I would say use what you are used too and like!

Sanguinesun
06-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Nim is not hard if you pay attention to his movement and attack patterns.

Have one weapon as a BMG (to heal you) have another such as an infector, another bmg(if you want a really long fight... watched one nitwit take 2.5 hours to kill him just with 2 bmgs(because he didnt dodge and spent 90% of the time running away instead of facing and fighting), FRC SAW, etc etc the infector some find easier because it homes, others like laying sticky detonator bombs on the ground and timing his running into them, others shotgun em etc.

But being able to heal yourself with the bmg is helpful.

The other main thing that alot of people dont do is dodge roll. Dodge rolling in a specific direction away from or to the side of his movements or attacks makes most of the phases of that fight a snooze fest.

Also using the columns in the last phase and or the machine in the middle to break his line of sight and aoe attacks is also very helpful.

Go on youtube too and you'll see more than a few methods of beating nim if advice in this thread still doesnt help.

As for leveling, there are two main things: 1. You focus on completing your pursuits(since they award ego rating points) and or 2. you just run around doing arkfalls and emergencies. If you can get a good group you can consider doing coops too but its mostly faster if you just tag emergencies and arkfalls and exp up.

Atticus Batman
06-27-2013, 01:18 PM
*Looks at avatar pic*

*looks at my avatar*
Yep I see the hilt of my sword too. Now when can we use them?!

Elric1
06-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Use a spark shield.

*raises hand* me.

Indra Echo
06-27-2013, 03:50 PM
I believe there are a lot of good suggestions here. The most important might be to pay attention to his moves and what he does to telegraph what he's going to do and get out of the way. Don't stop moving around.

I used Cloak and a BMG and a Detonator with a Respark Shield and a pyro grenade.

This is why. If he damaged me, I'd cloak, run away and heal, but I could also use the BMG to do some damage to him. I used the detonator to do a big amount of damage to him. I used the pyro grenade to help me track him. If you turn on the thing in settings that lets you see the damage you are doing, you can see the pyro tick damage.

The respark shield is not as strong as others but it has a fast recharge rate and a low delay in recharge time-cloak also can help with that in keeping it recharged as much as possible.

The other thing about the BMG is that in his 3rd phase where there are the pillars you can run behind-he's kind of fast so you might not always be able to run away and out of range of his attack. At times if I was using the heal function of the BMG and he attacked me, I took no damage at all.