PDA

View Full Version : Nolan's in trouble? SO WHAT!!

Phuccko
06-27-2013, 06:26 AM
The Manhunt!! So Nolan's in trouble and why would we care, he stiffed us! Not only that but he steals a Libera Nova Gem from Varus, tracks down a massive ark fall with a Terrasphere on board and doesn't even tell us, then he winds up in defiance with the Terrasphere and uses it as a freakin nuclear bomb and he's a hero??!! Screw Nolan! I'm surprised that the E-Rep aren't after him as we'll for detinating the freakin thing. I hope Varus gets his asss.

PS: I was bored while dling the new patch :)

squidgod2000
06-27-2013, 06:42 AM
Nolan: The guy on the show that nobody who watches the show gives a sh*t about.

Seriously, man needs a better writer.

X64
06-27-2013, 06:47 AM
But then again, it's because of Nolan that we might get to see Varus Soleptor on the show. :rolleyes:

squidgod2000
06-27-2013, 06:48 AM
But then again, it's because of Nolan that we might get to see Varus Soleptor on the show. :rolleyes:

Can't, due to continuity. If they show him on the tv show, they'd have to remove him from the game, which would fvck everything up (they care about this sort of thing, for whatever reason).

Phuccko
06-27-2013, 07:00 AM

The best that will probably happen is Varus will send one of the mercs he hired to defiance to look for him

Fancypants
06-27-2013, 07:01 AM
I curse Datak, who had a chance to kill Nolan thereby sparing us all from his overacting, but didn't.

Now he's in trouble?

http://goodvibeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ho-hum-270x300.jpg

Yrkul
06-27-2013, 07:48 AM
It was a bit dumb having the lead characters from the show screw the player in game. It got harder to relate to them after that.

Personally I'd feel inclined to put a cap in Nolan's knee next time I see him in-game. Not going to hand him over to Varus, though, since he's a **** too. Hmmm. I see a pattern.

Korben Reynolds
06-27-2013, 08:12 AM
It was a bit dumb having the lead characters from the show screw the player in game. It got harder to relate to them after that.

I thought it was a nice twist. Usually when someone gets screwed over in those situations it's the player getting one up on the NPC/quest giver, so it caught me a little off guard to be on the receiving end of the double-cross this time. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like a little payback though.

I'd love to see Varus on the show, but he's too much of a punk to ever leave his seat of power. He'll just send out mercs to either grab Nolan outright or grab Irisa to lure Nolan back to the Bay.

Anthalus
06-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Good luck to any merc's trying to grab Irisa :) Would quite like to see that on the show. More likely would be finding a merc or 2 looking like pin-cusions.

Tilarium
06-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Good luck to any merc's trying to grab Irisa :) Would quite like to see that on the show. More likely would be finding a merc or 2 looking like pin-cusions.

I think the Mercs are a little better trained then some grubby miner, and they had little trouble nabbing her. One fun thing about after this season ends, Nolan and Irissa can come back to the bay area for a little while without it being an issue with the show.

Myll_Erik
06-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Well - while I hate that he double crossed me as a player, the show has made me like him more.

Kiserai
06-27-2013, 10:30 AM
After all the BS Varus pulled sending me on wild goose chases for free labor, I would have sent Nolan off with the gem just to spite him. The XAR-22 was a nice bonus.

DarknessEyes PT
06-27-2013, 10:57 AM
After all the BS Varus pulled sending me on wild goose chases for free labor, I would have sent Nolan off with the gem just to spite him. The XAR-22 was a nice bonus.

Wanna buy mine for 90k scrip (gem reward from varus)? lol

treadingwater
06-27-2013, 11:35 AM
I know it will never happen, but it would be awesome one day if they had someone show up in town filling the role of the ark hunter Nolan and Irisa ripped off.

Vega
06-27-2013, 11:40 AM
          

Bar0n_5am3d1
06-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Don't forget that Nolan lost the Libera Nova Gem to raiders in the badlands.

Korben Reynolds
06-27-2013, 02:24 PM
Yeah, it was the Spirit Riders that took it and who knows what they did with it or who they traded it to. That will only end up ticking off Varus even more when he finds out.

Phuccko
06-27-2013, 07:30 PM
I wonder if we will have to choice to turn in Nolan ourselves, I'll take that reward

Wtflag
06-27-2013, 07:44 PM
I don't see it as a problem.

You basically get Nolan's and Irisa's unique clothing and that purple assault rifle instead of 90K scrip.

I will take clothing any time of the day over scrip.

Nope. I ripped them (their clothes) off instead. :)

Valentine
06-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Wanna buy mine for 90k scrip (gem reward from varus)? lol

270k he offered their rewards too.

I was pretty upset, I wanted to go to Antarctica. Nolan is a jerk and I'll be taking that gem back and giving him to Echelon after.

Who else wants to see Antarctica btw? =3

Epyon
06-27-2013, 07:51 PM
Wonder what ever happened to the gem. The spirit riders settled on the outskirts of defiance, they still have it? Funny how Nolan and Irisa just forgave them or forgot about it.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
06-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Wonder what ever happened to the gem. The spirit riders settled on the outskirts of defiance, they still have it? Funny how Nolan and Irisa just forgave them or forgot about it.

They used it to destroy the volge.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
06-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Well - while I hate that he double crossed me as a player, the show has made me like him more.

You better watch out Lance. He is one of the Defiant Few. He comes equipped with G.I. Joe Kung Fu grip.

KeevanSixx
06-27-2013, 09:21 PM
actually, if I remember correctly from the first episode.....Nolan reached into the bag, pulled out the nova gem, tossed it into the air, then shot it with his pistol making a big enough explosion to distract the Irath enough to get Irisa free, then running off into the hills....

If I had to speculate......Nolan will sweet talk his way out of this pickle by explaining to Varus that he HAD to destroy the gem to keep it out of the hands of the Iraths. Varus, being the unscrupulous bastich that he is...will commiserate the loss of the gem, but better destroyed than in the hands of the Irathients. Our part, as the heroic arkhunters, will be to rescue Nolan from the eschelon/mercs/whatever in typical heroic fashion....Nolan will explain why he did it, the story writers will expect us to buy it, and we'll join him in Varus's presence for the full reveal.....we'll get a title, or a bland weapon, and continue on our merry way, while Nolan saunters off back to St. Louis.
Oh, and Cooper will step in at some point, arrest Nolan for theft, then release him back to defiance due to the macho war buddy code.....and we'll still be left holding the bag, with little to show for it.

randomiez
06-27-2013, 09:31 PM
The Manhunt!! So Nolan's in trouble and why would we care, he stiffed us! Not only that but he steals a Libera Nova Gem from Varus, tracks down a massive ark fall with a Terrasphere on board and doesn't even tell us, then he winds up in defiance with the Terrasphere and uses it as a freakin nuclear bomb and he's a hero??!! Screw Nolan! I'm surprised that the E-Rep aren't after him as we'll for detinating the freakin thing. I hope Varus gets his asss.

PS: I was bored while dling the new patch :)

wait who's Nolan?

Phuccko
06-27-2013, 10:22 PM
wait who's Nolan?

.......*facepalm*

JxSiN
06-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Jackson's opinion: I really like Nolan on the show. I thought I would like Irisa more, but she's got some issues. I am definitely pro-Nolan

JxSiN's opinion: That dude ripped me off! I wish I could tell the mercs where he is, but I don't know. He just took that shtako and left. If I knew where he was, I'd get in my nomad and track him down myself for the reward.

Phuccko
06-27-2013, 10:44 PM
Jackson's opinion: I really like Nolan on the show. I thought I would like Irisa more, but she's got some issues. I am definitely pro-Nolan

JxSiN's opinion: That dude ripped me off! I wish I could tell the mercs where he is, but I don't know. He just took that shtako and left. If I knew where he was, I'd get in my nomad and track him down myself for the reward.

I agree, I'll jump in the passenger seat with yea and head over to defiance....as long as we see Kenya at the ***** house ;)

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
06-27-2013, 10:50 PM
The best that will probably happen is Varus will send one of the mercs he hired to defiance to look for him

This.

Varrus is a narcissistic, cowardly asswipe. He deserved being stolen from and has done far worse and claimed it "legal" and "business" as usual, or have you forgotten about how many time he lied to you in the main story about where the arkmatrix and cell was?

Korben Reynolds
06-27-2013, 11:07 PM
actually, if I remember correctly from the first episode.....Nolan reached into the bag, pulled out the nova gem, tossed it into the air, then shot it with his pistol making a big enough explosion to distract the Irath enough to get Irisa free, then running off into the hills....

One of the red shirt Irathients lifted the gem from Nolan's jacket as he said "Do you know what I had to go through to get that?". I don't know what Nolan threw into the air and shot, but the gem had already been taken from him by that time.

Hopefully the Irath didn't still have the gem on him when he was killed by the Volge coldfire weapon later in the episode.

Phuccko
06-28-2013, 01:48 AM
This.

Varrus is a narcissistic, cowardly asswipe. He deserved being stolen from and has done far worse and claimed it "legal" and "business" as usual, or have you forgotten about how many time he lied to you in the main story about where the arkmatrix and cell was?

Yea I guess your right, but if you really think about it, he was lying to Von Bach not you, you were just doin Von Bachs leg work. Speaking of Von Bach, I wonder when that silly bastaard will show up again

Arsenic_Touch
06-28-2013, 01:51 AM

Was a flashbang grenade. Too bad we can't do that without getting struck by our own flash.

Would be so wonderful if we could toss grenades that done detonate until we shoot them. Or do that with a detonator. Throw down like 5 grenades in strategic locations, swap to your pistol and shoot one when someone walks up and then watch it unfold.

JxSiN
06-28-2013, 02:00 AM
Was a flashbang grenade. Too bad we can't do that without getting struck by our own flash.

Would be so wonderful if we could toss grenades that done detonate until we shoot them. Or do that with a detonator. Throw down like 5 grenades in strategic locations, swap to your pistol and shoot one when someone walks up and then watch it unfold.

^^This. The gem was taken by the spirit riders, and the sphere was recovered in that arkfall near Defiance at the beginning of the show (which was used to power the shields and push back the Volge).

Here's what gets me. So the spirit riders took Nolan and Irisa's nova gem, roller, and all their belongings in the roller (leading to Nolan becoming Lawkeeper). But after the spirit riders helped in the Volge attack, they were welcomed in the town, Nolan had no problem with them, and Irisa developed a strong bond with them. So, why did they not ask for their stuff back?

Arsenic_Touch
06-28-2013, 02:04 AM
Well he did say it was a piece of crap, heh.

JxSiN
06-28-2013, 02:10 AM
Still, you would think it may come up, you know, in casual conversation.

Nolan and Sukar sitting around the bar in the Need/Want

Nolan: I'm so glad you guys came and helped us out. Let me buy you a drink.

Sukar: Thank you, you and tashinka are our pals.

Nolan: You are an alright guy. By the way, where's my car and gem you stole! Don't you realize some little whiney punk named Varus may try to put a bounty on my head because of that thing!

Sukar: You're daughter has a gift, she is very special. Thank you for the drink.

Nolan: No problem. If you ever need a place to crash, here's the key to my living quarters. I trust you completely.

SHADOWBROKER
06-28-2013, 04:30 AM
i wish we could take him down. god knows i need the scrip. hey do you think it would be a better show if nolan got dropped by us.

Epyon
06-28-2013, 05:32 AM
They used it to destroy the volge.

Nope they used the sphere. The spirit riders probably still have the gem.

N3gativeCr33p
06-28-2013, 05:51 AM
Still, you would think it may come up, you know, in casual conversation.

Nolan and Sukar sitting around the bar in the Need/Want

Nolan: I'm so glad you guys came and helped us out. Let me buy you a drink.

Sukar: Thank you, you and tashinka are our pals.

Nolan: You are an alright guy. By the way, where's my car and gem you stole! Don't you realize some little whiney punk named Varus may try to put a bounty on my head because of that thing!

Sukar: You're daughter has a gift, she is very special. Thank you for the drink.

Nolan: No problem. If you ever need a place to crash, here's the key to my living quarters. I trust you completely.

HAHAHAHAHAHA... that's good. So funny!

Phuccko
06-28-2013, 07:02 AM
I think they should give the player the choice, help him or turn him in

Epyon
06-28-2013, 07:14 AM
I think they should give the player the choice, help him or turn him in

Can't help him, he's in Defiance and they already found out he's there.
Cant turn him in, we'd have to go to Defiance....yea, good luck with that.