PDA

View Full Version : Legendary garbage weapons

tempestfury
06-27-2013, 07:23 AM
So I got three responses from trion about this peace of garbage FRC heavy assault carbine I got out of the box at ego 1540. its orange with brutal synergy. it has no nano effect which is ok but, it has no bonuses. its a white gun painted orange. WOW legendary trash weapon. they make it clear to me that the only guaranteed bonus for a weapon is when it is mastered. does anyone else in the game have such a bare legendary weapon. Am I being lied to? if so, is there a place where the structure,specs for legendary weapons can be found?

Zugo
06-27-2013, 07:25 AM
So I got three responses from trion about this peace of garbage FRC heavy assault carbine I got out of the box at ego 1540. its orange with brutal synergy. it has no nano effect which is ok but, it has no bonuses. its a white gun painted orange. WOW legendary trash weapon. they make it clear to me that the only guaranteed bonus for a weapon is when it is mastered. does anyone else in the game have such a bare legendary weapon. Am I being lied to? if so, is there a place where the structure,specs for legendary weapons can be found?

Could you post a screen shot of the gun? If it has absolutly no bonus stats besides the brutal synergy then something is very strange.

lordchun
06-27-2013, 07:39 AM
Ill give u 10k for it if on 360 NA

Combo Breaker
06-27-2013, 07:43 AM

I had a cannon with no Nano which is normal, but it had no bonus rolls either. When I contacted support I was told only the XP bonus was guaranteed for a Legendary.

squidgod2000
06-27-2013, 07:49 AM
I've seen a lot of weapons (purple/orange) pop up recently with big boxes for bonuses/synergies, but only one or none listed. This is around 4k ego.

Olaf
06-27-2013, 07:52 AM
Ill give u 10k for it if on 360 NA

get out of here

mrs0019
06-27-2013, 07:58 AM
2/4 of the legendary weapons I've gotten had no bonuses outside of a two set synergy. Machinist on a canker and veteran on a spanner protector.

Oddly, I think I have to call BS on legendaries having a guaranteed max level bonus. My canker certainly didn't get anything. I only used it cuz at the time I was leveling infectors up. Needless to say it got scrapped instantly. I didn't even bother with the POS protector.

Third weapon I got were a SAW with a two set bonus, no nano, and reload bonus...junked it. Final weapon was a magnum pistol with brutal synergy, no nano (surprise surprise), and bonus fire rate (which had no effect compared to other magnums without it - so basically no bonus).

In hindsight I wish I had taken pics of these guns, especially the canker. I'd love to have evidence of a legendary with no max bonus.

I know there are good legendaries out there. The impression over however is 1/10 legendaries are worth more than a wet fart. Most of them are overrated whites. That's why I spend my time creeping the vendors. They've proven far more reliable for weapons than the POS lockbox system Trion made. Of course, this might result in Trion looking into nerfing merchants...honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Combo Breaker
06-27-2013, 08:03 AM
According to what they themselves told me, you should have been able to turn in a weapon that didn't get the XP bonus. If it continues to happen to you I would suggest live chatting to see what can be done.

lordchun
06-27-2013, 08:06 AM
get out of here

What if its garbage ill give double what the price says on the screen. Even if its awesome its still at best only worth double what's on the screen. People who want 1m plus are just dumb IMHO.

a2thelee
06-27-2013, 08:16 AM
What if its garbage ill give double what the price says on the screen. Even if its awesome its still at best only worth double what's on the screen. People who want 1m plus are just dumb IMHO.

There's a huge difference between 10k and 1m. The amount of time to farm keycodes and even the scrip costs to get the lockboxes exceed 10k by a lot. That being said, if I were to sell trash legendary items, I'd probably ask for 50k.

Anthalus
06-27-2013, 08:20 AM
Had a Legendary BMG with 2 recoil reduction stats on it.... Who the hell gives a weapon with no recoil anyway recoil reduction? This kind of roll should not be possible.

Combo Breaker
06-27-2013, 08:22 AM
Had a Legendary BMG with 2 recoil reduction stats on it.... Who the hell gives a weapon with no recoil anyway recoil reduction? This kind of roll should not be possible.

Talk about the ultimate troll bonus.Wow.

Anthalus
06-27-2013, 08:23 AM
Keep getting sniper rifles with Melee damage on too...

Thearl
06-27-2013, 08:23 AM
Could you mod it, try to force the disappearing weapon bug, and then submit a ticket for an equivalent replacement?

It may work, although the only time I submitted a help ticket to replace a lost weapon that disappeared while I was adding a mod slot, they replaced an FRC Heavy Scatter Gun with syphon nano, +8 and +4 mag (this was pre shotgun nerf), and Run-n-Gun synergy with an FRC Scattergun with bio nano, +self revive on kill, and brutal synergy. Kinda like when I got that 5 cent check in the mail from a class action suit.

lordchun
06-27-2013, 08:47 AM
There's a huge difference between 10k and 1m. The amount of time to farm keycodes and even the scrip costs to get the lockboxes exceed 10k by a lot. That being said, if I were to sell trash legendary items, I'd probably ask for 50k.

Yeah but with this thinking I should sell my white and greenest for at lest 20k because I put time into finding them right.

No. It's because of people who feel they need to pay more then what it really worth that make the prices people ask extraordinarily high. The price next to the gun in your inventory screen is there as a "standard". Now to I believe it's worth a little more sure but what most people are asking for makes it not even worth my time to get the script

a2thelee
06-27-2013, 08:55 AM
Yeah but with this thinking I should sell my white and greenest for at lest 20k because I put time into finding them right.

No. It's because of people who feel they need to pay more then what it really worth that make the prices people ask extraordinarily high. The price next to the gun in your inventory screen is there as a "standard". Now to I believe it's worth a little more sure but what most people are asking for makes it not even worth my time to get the script

Good luck trying to find someone to sell a legendary for 10k

And you can find whites and greens from enemies, shops, quest rewards, arkfalls, sieges (when they were around), and even lockboxes. It's not like you put any time into finding them and they're also not restricted to lockboxes like oranges so your argument is invalid.

Sdric
06-27-2013, 08:58 AM
I'll join the recoil reduction VOT Spanner Protector Club.
Don't forget the self revive-refresh.

Shada Mori
06-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Yeah I had TWO purple FRC Heavy Carbines that were the same way.. they were purple, but had no stats on them at all. Was severely disappointing since I am actually quite fond of that gun.

randomiez
06-27-2013, 09:06 AM
It's because of people who feel they need to pay more then what it really worth that make the prices people ask extraordinarily high.

"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it."
-- Publilius Syrus

If people will pay that much, it's worth that much. To them, anyway. Another reason prices are so high: already low-valued currency (its usefulness is marginal at best), with constant high inflation always reducing its value.

Thearl
06-27-2013, 09:25 AM
"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it."
-- Publilius Syrus

Money is only worth the things people will give you for it.

randomiez
06-27-2013, 09:53 AM
Money is only worth the things people will give you for it.

I think that's what I just said. ;)