PDA

View Full Version : X360 controller on PC version

Kirlen
03-25-2013, 12:25 PM
I would like to ask if its possible to use x360 controller on pc version, cuz on pc as everyone know this game just look better and i got much more fps then on my xbox, so i would like to ask if its possible to use it on PC

Xendhaius
03-25-2013, 12:29 PM
Yes, the 360 controller is fully supported.

Sacria
03-25-2013, 12:38 PM
I would like to ask if its possible to use x360 controller on pc version, cuz on pc as everyone know this game just look better and i got much more fps then on my xbox, so i would like to ask if its possible to use it on PC

It is, I played the beta with xbox controller - however the problems with xbox controllers and shooting games still persist. You cannot aim as accurate as you can with a mouse. Not even close.

There are things called rampages and hotspots, which relies on accuracy a lot, and you cannot do them with xbox controllers unless they changed them since I did the beta. In fact even with a mouse I doubt more than a small minority can even achieve gold in said events (think 5-10%) I'm fairly decent at shooting games normally but I couldn't reach more than silver in most of them after 10+ tries and even then I struggled to repeat the score. With xbox controller I couldn't even reach bronze.

Driving the cars and bikes feel a lot better with the xbox controller, though.

ironhands
03-25-2013, 12:39 PM
It is, I played the beta with xbox controller - however the problems with xbox controllers and shooting games still persist. You cannot aim as accurate as you can with a mouse. Not even close.

There are things called rampages and hotspots, which relies on accuracy a lot, and you cannot do them with xbox controllers unless they changed them since I did the beta. In fact even with a mouse I doubt more than a small minority can even achieve gold in said events (think 5-10%) I'm fairly decent at shooting games normally but I couldn't reach more than silver in most of them after 10+ tries and even then I struggled to repeat the score. With xbox controller I couldn't even reach bronze.

Driving the cars and bikes feel a lot better with the xbox controller, though.

can anyone confirm a generic controller (non-xbox or "xbox compatible") works?

Dregs
03-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Can't wait to PVP against the console kiddies that go the PC route and don't know how to use the superior mouse and keyboard #GamingMasterRace #We'reJustBetter #ILoveSteam #MouseAndKeyboard #YOLO #SayNoToDrugs

Senel
03-25-2013, 01:30 PM
360 controller works, and probably the PS3 controller and if it doesn't you can always run it through motion joy's DS3 Tool in 360 compatibility mode.

Definitely enjoy my mouse & keyboard more though.

Xendhaius
03-25-2013, 01:39 PM
360 controller works, and probably the PS3 controller and if it doesn't you can always run it through motion joy's DS3 Tool in 360 compatibility mode.

The PS3 controller is not natively supported though does work when emulated as a 360 controller through MotioninJoy.

ironhands
03-25-2013, 01:39 PM

I'll check that tool tonite, it won't violate any terms or look like a hack?

Voodeux
03-25-2013, 01:40 PM
I'll check that tool tonite, it won't violate any terms or look like a hack?

No reason it should. It doesn't nothing to alter the game play.

Dixa
03-25-2013, 01:54 PM
train yourself to use the mouse and keyboard. you will never be as accurate with a controller, and the aim assist on pc is not as good as the consoles

ironhands
03-25-2013, 02:01 PM
very true, except for the driving

HexCaliber
03-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Anyone on the PC version trying to compete with any sort of controller is going to get screwed by mouse/kbd users if they try to pvp.

No matter how good you may be with a controller it cannot match the precision possible with modern optical mice. There are also mechanical constraints, a controller’s stick has a set range of motion, with a set number of values assigned to that range, however, no such constraints exist with a mouse. While you can and often will reach maximum deflection with a controller and have to wait for the view to rotate no matter how quickly, mice users can do a full 360 rotation in an instant, with fps being the only thing to affect how smooth that motion appears.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but half an hour in game is usually more than enough time for me to adjust sensitivity for the game I am playing, and can 180 my chars without thought, simply by moving the mouse a set distance on my pad. I have been doing it so long in shooters I don't have to think about it, I can turn my character to any position I need near instantly.

I also own a 360 and a PS 3, and I know I cannot match that level of control and precision using a controller, it is also the reason most console games have aiming help to try and compensate for the mechanical constraints imposed upon controller users.

Senel
03-25-2013, 02:06 PM
No, sir you'll be fine it's only a gamepad software/mapping tool i've used it in online game with serious anti-hack parameters and never had an issue. It's commonly used to play PC games with only 360 controller support with a PS3 controller through it's emulation capabilities.

Edit: Was to ironhands clicked the wrong reply button. x__x

Darkeus
03-25-2013, 02:41 PM
I tend to use the mouse and keyboard for moving around my character and shooting things in the face. I tend to use my controller to drive. Driving is so much better with a controller....

So I will be using both. :)

ironhands
03-25-2013, 03:11 PM
No, sir you'll be fine it's only a gamepad software/mapping tool i've used it in online game with serious anti-hack parameters and never had an issue. It's commonly used to play PC games with only 360 controller support with a PS3 controller through it's emulation capabilities.

Edit: Was to ironhands clicked the wrong reply button. x__x

I've been checking into it, does it only work for PS3 controllers? I've got a lot of joysticks, but none are 360/ps3 lol...
logitech g13, razer hydra, a nyko airflo, n50 nostromo - oldschool pre razer, and a saitech x52 pro flightstick/throttle

edit damnit, it doesn't

ironhands
03-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Ok, so, problem solved as I'd hoped, optimal solution, and confirmed working with the PC beta. How did I confirm in the beta if it's down? It worked in the "can't connect to the server" menu :P

Need to find out if this is going to get my account banned or not lol.

x360ce

It's a common utility that lets you emulate a 360 controller using any other input device. Only requires copying a DLL file into the game directory. Anyone know if it is/isn't kosher?