PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Ultimate Edition for PS3 appears to be sold out in GameStop

Honesty73
03-25-2013, 12:35 PM
I tried to purchase the Defiance Ultimate Edition for PS3 and it appears to be sold out online on the GameStop web site. Guess I was just a day late because it was on yesterday. I don't know if it is the same for a in store preorder or not. I preordered the Defiance Collector's Edition and will just purchase the season pass.

Myst
03-25-2013, 01:02 PM
I wonder if it will be the same if you go in and pre-order it in the store? I actually just came back from doing that and I was still able to pre-order the ultimate.

Irres169
03-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Check your store. I actually ordered from the store (a while back) as the online was advertised as there was a processing period plus 5-10 days for delivery or pay extra to get it in 2 days from release.

In store is just easier and you get it on release day.

SSlarg
03-25-2013, 02:24 PM
I got mine from the store today (gamestop)
it was the Last One. I lucked out.

Legs
03-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks for posting this! I made it down to my local Gamestop and grabbed a UE pre-order from them no problem. They said they could still order it, so sounds like we just can't get it online but they -can- still get it from Trion.

So looking forward to the 2nd, lol, I've got stuff on my 'get this done before!' list to get done though, since I get the feeling I'll be spending a bunch of time in Defiance afterwards. :cool:

Naturalist
03-25-2013, 04:39 PM
I ordered mine in store yesterday

MaritimeMage
03-25-2013, 05:19 PM
If this is true then it looks the like the game will have good support out of the gate which is so important for an MMO. A strong player base will help the show just as much as a wide audience for TV will help the game attract new players.

Justified
03-25-2013, 07:13 PM
I just got back from my local gamestop. Actually, I have 2 that are within a few miles of each other. I pre-ordered the UE PS3 version no problem. Even traded in 3 games to get $37 bucks off.

Rampermt
03-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Glad I got mine when I did, sounds like it might be another Bl2 loot chest edition sell out.

UmbrusNightshade
03-25-2013, 07:59 PM
I pre-ordered my CE like 2 months ago. I'm hoping this means that we'll have a good player base on PS3 when the game launches (besides we geeks who dwell in this forum's realm).

zartanyen
03-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Sweet I hope it really is sold out and not just the cut off date hopefully I can me a killing on amazon with mine like I did with borderlands ultimate loot chest was selling them for $700.00 a pop and they where all gone in 20 minutes I only got 6 of these as they seemed to have them up till friday when I preordered my last copy kind of figured I would be having to turn around and get my deposits back but if they sold out then it might have been a good buy.

Thanks for the update OP.

Cyripax NeoPrime
03-27-2013, 11:42 PM
I preordered mine a month or so back, so im all set. And the beta was just amazing to be a part of. I think im more excited for this game than I was for borderlands2, and since I own everything and anything that has to do with borderlands thats a huge/unfathomable amount of excitement. Lol,quite literally my borderlands obsession has eaten more than $4000.00 and uncountable hours of my life and wallet.But Defiance looks and the beta played so freakin awesome. There were a few small bugs I reported during the beta, but ive seen games that play worse and look worse on launch. And the whole show impacting the game/game impacting the show over the next however many years is a new concept but a good one.

ZARTANYAN, I gotta say though, im a huge borderlands fan and an avid daily buyer/seller on amazon. Suffice to say borderlands, bioshock and dead space are the only franchises I do searches for every single day when I check my account, and have never seen the loot chest listed for 700.00 bucks. In fact, since launch week in september, theyve been listed for around 290.00-550.00 on average ,up untill present. Why would anyone pay seven hundred on amazon when they could get it cheaper than that on amazon? Unless it wasnt amazon usa. Just sayin, the loot chest hasnt been sold on amazon for that much. Unless there was a 23 hour period where every single person sold out of them and there were NONE listed, then you listed yours and sold all of them, and then 20-30 more got listed at the average price before I checked back in at my nightly time. Not only that, but before id drop 700 on a 150 dollar game, id check ebay first where they arent even going for 700, and I think most people are at least that smart as well.

Damn bro, if you wanna make some cash on a collectors edition thats all fine. But dont exaggerate and lie. Besides which, theres probly some xdeserving kid somewhere who saved all his allowance so he could buy the ultimate edition, but cant now because theyre sold out and the people who want to make a rediculous amount of money bought 12 of em & try to sell em at 3x the price(which they really arent worth)....the only people who would pay upwards of 700.00 for one game are the most hardcore fans.thats just ripping off the fanbase. This bieng a new game and show, there just isnt anyone that would pay that. Unless you wait a year to sell it. Its not the dead space 3 developer edition that was limited to 5000 in the whole world(and those arent even that much on ebay) Anyway personally would rather see it go to someone who doesnt have to spend a whole months rent just to play it. Not the kind of rich snob who can afford to piss away almost a grand on a game that wont even appreciate it.

Amnesia
03-28-2013, 06:23 AM
It looks like the PS3 UE is back in stock on the GS website...

jreyn1977
03-28-2013, 11:19 AM
I just ordered the Ultimate yesterday through Gamestop but had to go to the store and order it. They said it could be last day to order it, but wasnt sure. at that time they said they had 16 left!

Dr EveHill
03-28-2013, 02:36 PM
2 days ago preordered the collectors edition. today I called gamestop and asked if I could upgrade to the ultimate edition and they told me they where no longer available in fact they told me only the standard game was available now. I wish I would had gotten the Ultimate edition the more I think about it but oh well at least I got the collectors edition I really wanted the ark hunter infiltrator outfit.

Honesty73
03-31-2013, 02:43 PM
It looks like the Defiance Ultimate Edition is available again on GameStop online for preorder.

Viper1870
04-01-2013, 05:10 AM
i dont mess around in the ultimate edition since its limited usually. got this game and destiny prordered :)

Hanzo_the_Razor
04-01-2013, 06:43 AM
I managed to get mine online at Gamestop on the 30th. Today it is sold out online though. Tried doing it at my local Gamestop so I wouldnt have to wait for it to ship, guy told me they stop preorders on collector's editions 30 days before launch.

Justified
04-01-2013, 09:11 AM
I managed to get mine online at Gamestop on the 30th. Today it is sold out online though. Tried doing it at my local Gamestop so I wouldnt have to wait for it to ship, guy told me they stop preorders on collector's editions 30 days before launch.

You got lied to. I pre-ordered my UE last week.

WaGzy
04-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Just so Amazon customers know, incase you didn't already, Amazon seem to be only delayed on the XBOX ULTIMATE EDITION.

The PS3 and PC versions should still arrive on the 2nd.

SumMischief
04-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Yeah check your local GS and your not so local if the one closest to you don't have any spares. You may find that some have additional Ultimate, but very limited.