PDA

View Full Version : Anyone pre-ordering through best buy?

Justified
03-25-2013, 01:25 PM
I've decided I was going to pre-order through Best Buy, but it seems that you can't pick up the game on the day of release from the store. The only option is to pay an extra $8 to have it shipped the same day to your house. I don't really think that's a great practice since I know amazon doesn't charge any extra to get me the games the day of release. I know gamestop, you're supposed to be able to pick it up the same day as well. Am I stuck with either going to Amazon or gamestop for the CE? Pre-ordering and waiting until they ship it standard isn't an option for me. If I'm going to pre-order, I expect it to be in my hands the day of release.

mcwjimbo
03-25-2013, 01:50 PM
ordered from best buy today

did digital download which would be your best option

I've always ordered direct from game devs before but went 3rd party for the bonus BMG & just hoping getting the code for that part doesn't get messed up

Defy
03-25-2013, 01:51 PM
I got it on Steam so that I can play right away :)

Archellion
03-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Get it through Steam. We're almost at the first level of extra rewards for preorders. So if you go through Steam you'll get all this:

3 day xp boost
Outlander outfit
In game title: Iron Demon
Steam Exclusive Weapon “Phoenix” sniper rifle
Red Dodge Challenger
and if we fill up level one (which we're only 14% from doing), you'll also get:

Steam Exclusive Title “Steam Powered”
+5 inventory slots
A-Tex Growler: Durable and reliable transportation in a no-nonsense package. The Petrahol super charged engine will give you a boost power when it’s most needed. This dark green camo patterned quad with heavy duty suspension is just what an Arkhunter needs to conquer the rough and hazardous terraformed terrain.

And you'll have access from the first second the servers go live.

Defiance on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/224600/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1)

Justified
03-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks. I should have been clearer. I play on the PS3.

BleakPanther
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
I decided to go with the standard version just so I could be sure to get it on release day from a brick and mortar. But at the same time I also decided to get it from a retailer that will allow me to get it as early as possible on release day.

Yeah i'm a junky who will be getting strange looks on the 2nd. Especially if the servers aren't up until fairly late in the afternoon EDT...

pieofdeath123
03-25-2013, 02:35 PM
I pre-ordered my collectors edition from gamestop