PDA

View Full Version : DLC Fears

jarrodlovesmusic
06-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Is anyone else a little afraid that either:
A. When downloading the dlc the game crashes while downloading, fails because of some patch error, or makes you delete the game, redownload the dlc and try again.
B. That when we actually play the game actually works the way its supposed to and not implode, that the dlc gameplay isnt more of the same: go here, kill that collect something, wash rinse repeat. That playing through the gameplay lasts longer than the 5 mins it takes to play through some of the Episode content thats been released lately?

LurchUSA
06-28-2013, 12:17 PM
B. That when we actually play the game actually works the way its supposed to and not implode, that the dlc gameplay isnt more of the same: go here, kill that collect something, wash rinse repeat. That playing through the gameplay lasts longer than the 5 mins it takes to play through some of the Episode content thats been released lately?

While that might be a valid point, it is totally irrelevant because the ONLY reason people want the DLC so bad is so in game, they can look like this:

http://www.defiance.com/en/series/sites/defiance/files/styles/cover_image_wide/public/s01_e0102_07_0.jpg

jarrodlovesmusic
06-28-2013, 12:25 PM
While that might be a valid point, it is totally irrelevant because the ONLY reason people want the DLC so bad is so in game, they can look like this:

http://www.defiance.com/en/series/sites/defiance/files/styles/cover_image_wide/public/s01_e0102_07_0.jpg

That is probably my least favorite part of this dlc. Just give me a new set of missions so I can actually play the game again. Basically Defiance has become nothing more than a glorified paper weight for me

Reverend Blood
06-28-2013, 12:31 PM

http://i.imgur.com/H341mPr.gif

Nyako
06-28-2013, 12:35 PM
I don't want the DLC for Castithans, I want the DLC for the appearance change in general.

I would likely try Castithan though if I could create a character appearance that to me appears a bit dominate like, like my personality is generally. But otherwise, I'd just stick with the human and Irath style characters I already have.

The one thing I want from the DLC is Sieges to come back. The other thing is to get my hands on a charged sniper rifle... Those are the only 3 things I want from the DLC, the rest could not be in it personally, but some variety in arkfalls would help I guess.

SpiritumLiberum
06-28-2013, 12:38 PM
I want new weapons and mods. Do you think the Casti hair color range will be just white?

Nyako
06-28-2013, 12:38 PM

The part in bold is what I worry about the most. I fear it will be though, and will likely get boring after the first week or two. That isn't something I'm looking forward to, yet like a few friends on another game of mine said, "Find a reason to play the game if you really like the game... no matter what." This maybe something that can help you alleviate that fear as well.

Nyako
06-28-2013, 12:40 PM
I want new weapons and mods. Do you think the Casti hair color range will be just white?

Personally, white, grey, highlights of various colors... That is what I think they will do. Wish they would rework the current two races as well so that their more hair colors and eye colors as well.

Reverend Blood
06-28-2013, 01:08 PM

I hope not, I like Alak Tarr's look in the show, so highlights would be nice.

Covington
06-28-2013, 01:14 PM

So what's the problem?

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly3v7yVWdi1r98x38o2_250.gif

Deirachel
06-28-2013, 01:23 PM
B. That when we actually play the game actually works the way its supposed to and not implode, that the dlc gameplay isnt more of the same: go here, kill that collect something, wash rinse repeat.

So, you are going to quit gaming entirely then? Can I have your stuff? And, I do mean entirely; for the machines, XBox360 I'll give to my mom for her house, PS3 my brother, and your gaming rig PC I'll just keep. You've just described 90% of all video games ever.

tuckerpb
06-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Is anyone else a little afraid that either:
A. When downloading the dlc the game crashes while downloading, fails because of some patch error, or makes you delete the game, redownload the dlc and try again.

there is no need to fear. there is no dlc. it is just a big lie to trick a fue more people into buying the game before they cancel it. lol

Nyako
06-28-2013, 01:28 PM
there is no need to fear. there is no dlc. it is just a big lie to trick a fue more people into buying the game before they cancel it. lol

LOL, would be stupid to cancel the game when they steadily add outfits to it... Or is that apart of the getting more people to buy and spend money on the game conspiracy?

jarrodlovesmusic
06-28-2013, 02:21 PM
So, you are going to quit gaming entirely then? Can I have your stuff? And, I do mean entirely; for the machines, XBox360 I'll give to my mom for her house, PS3 my brother, and your gaming rig PC I'll just keep. You've just described 90% of all video games ever.
Sorry no im not quitting, im just patiently waiting for a reason to play the game. Usually I only play the game on Mondays since thats when they add content now.