PDA

View Full Version : PC/Steam Pre-order

Erfin
03-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Just wondering if the people that pre-ordered the game through steam will have problems having access on release. Seeing there was a lot of people that had problems accessing the beta using the code they got through steam. 5 of my friends and the only 5 I know that pre-ordered and tried accessing beta this past weekend couldn't access it. Hope trion looked into this issue. I know my account is still telling me I have to pre-order even though I already put in my pre-order codes etc. from steam.

Senel
03-25-2013, 02:38 PM
As far as the steam codes i believe there are/were some issues but come release it should be fine. In reality steam is only a publishing platform and although it does launch the games in the case of an MMO steam launches the launcher so there shouldn't be much if any technical issues.

I believe all the trouble was within the beta codes from steam & nothing more.

Ensu
03-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Your codes for Defiance on Steam should be under CD key in the list on the right.

Vidoka
03-25-2013, 03:22 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the problem with steam was that it downloads the Post-Launch Patcher rather than the Beta Patcher. It should be fine at launch though.

Edit: Also, in the end I just had to contact support and I was in the beta within a few hours of purchasing my Pre-Order. My friend was having trouble with the patcher and just gave up. If he'd been more active and contacted support he'd have had a chance to get on and play as well. If you just sit and fuss rather than doing something about the problem, there is little else to blame.

Psyqhical
03-25-2013, 03:33 PM
I just downloaded the game via the site and not Steam out of fear that it would link my accounts, which is ill-advised during BETAs.

Corun
03-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the clarification all.

Erfin
03-25-2013, 04:30 PM
I know how to get my cd-key from steam xD was just wondering cuz of all the problems people had during beta. I got into beta before I got my key from steam. mmorpg.com ftw