PDA

View Full Version : Why do I lose all these bullets?

Colif
06-29-2013, 08:18 AM
Say I have a sniper rifle with 15 round mag, I make sure its full and then use a ammo cache to have 50 extra bullets to use... i then quick swap my guns twice, so I am back on the sniper and suddenly, my reserve is only 35 and my gun is still full. Why is it the game takes 15 rounds off me? I get it, its the reserve size less the mag size, but it makes no sense. Why do guns get emptied as soon as you swap them out?

Its a problem with all guns, but most noticeable on sniper as 15 rounds (or more, depending on weapon bonuses and mag size) makes a massive difference since you only have 50 rounds max to use. I guess it hurts on detonators and Rocket Launchers too.

It made me think, cars explode so easy as I lose all this ammo under the seat.

You may ask, why swap them? well, i use an smg for close quarters and losing 15 rounds gets monotonous.

Dazz
06-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Say I have a sniper rifle with 15 round mag, I make sure its full and then use a ammo cache to have 50 extra bullets to use... i then quick swap my guns twice, so I am back on the sniper and suddenly, my reserve is only 35 and my gun is still full. Why is it the game takes 15 rounds off me? I get it, its the reserve size less the mag size, but it makes no sense. Why do guns get emptied as soon as you swap them out?

Its a problem with all guns, but most noticeable on sniper as 15 rounds (or more, depending on weapon bonuses and mag size) makes a massive difference since you only have 50 rounds max to use. I guess it hurts on detonators and Rocket Launchers too.

It made me think, cars explode so easy as I lose all this ammo under the seat.

You may ask, why swap them? well, i use an smg for close quarters and losing 15 rounds gets monotonous.

I've noticed this too. It seems the ammo pouch can hold 500 rounds max. Once you switch weapons, it recalculates the pool apparently.

Colif
06-29-2013, 08:26 AM
500 is for ar/smg/lmg, the other guns have less. detonators/rockets getting the least. BMG cheats as it doesn't need ammo.

If I had 500 rounds on a sniper rifle, i wouldn't mind this at all :)

Dazz
06-29-2013, 08:30 AM
500 is for ar/smg/lmg, the other guns have less. detonators/rockets getting the least. BMG cheats as it doesn't need ammo.

If I had 500 rounds on a sniper rifle, i wouldn't mind this at all :)

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what kind of ammo it is. 500 rounds combined in your pouch is as much as you can have at any one time. Reload both of your weapons and hit up the ammo cache and fill your pouch. Switch your weapons back and forth a couple of times, then add up how many rounds you have in the pouch between the two.

Milofo
06-29-2013, 08:39 AM
When replenishing ammo it fills your reserve to the max plus an extra clips worth. When you switch weapon it resets it to the max reserve you should have. It means that when you replenish you ammo you have enough to reload and have the full amount. The excess drops off.

DarknessEyes PT
06-29-2013, 08:44 AM
You dont lose the bullets.
Sniper can only have 50 bullets at a time, that includes magazine and cached ones.
When if fill your ammo you keep the magazine bullets, get 50 in cache and when you swap weapons the calculation is done.
The calculation should be done when you fill your ammo not after you change weapons.

Colif
06-29-2013, 08:48 AM
I can see what it is doing but I don't agree it should be doing it, it should have a different total for clip and mag and not combine them when you swap weapons. I can see it needs to be more complicated since perks enhance ammo regen, but you should never lose bullets, it should always be an increase.

Really, its a negative aspect of adding a mag increase onto a sniper rifle as the bigger the mag, the more you lose.

My example, I had a full mag and then refilled so I have 65 bullets (15 in clip + 50 in reserve). If i swap guns, this becomes 35 in reserve + 15 in clip. I lose 15 bullets.

Marmalade
06-29-2013, 09:09 AM
I use this befit alot when I'm snipering

Compared to the shotgun ammo pouch, snipers have way too little ammo.

Christm77
06-29-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what kind of ammo it is. 500 rounds combined in your pouch is as much as you can have at any one time. Reload both of your weapons and hit up the ammo cache and fill your pouch. Switch your weapons back and forth a couple of times, then add up how many rounds you have in the pouch between the two.

Not quite right, the pool for the assualt rifle, lmg & smg is 500 standard. I know Snipers can carry 50 standard & pistol 150. I think Detonator is 40.

Milar
06-29-2013, 09:37 AM
The way I see it,I don't lose bullets....I get an extra clip if I fill up and don't switch weapons...

As others stated,it's a great benefit with my ubersniperrifle ;)

Just enjoy it while you can...I'm sure it is an unintended perk.

Milofo
06-29-2013, 09:50 AM
My example, I had a full mag and then refilled so I have 65 bullets (15 in clip + 50 in reserve). If i swap guns, this becomes 35 in reserve + 15 in clip. I lose 15 bullets.

As stated you don't lose the bullets as the total max carried is 50 including the clip. If you have 5 in a clip you have 45 in storage after swap. 15 in clip 35 in storage after swap. It stays at 50total after swap. If this extra didn't occur you would only have a max of 35 in your reserve when replenishing for your mention rifle. So that the total ammo you have is 50 as that is the max sniper ammo you are supposed to have is 50. If this wasn't the case then if you have a larger clip you can carry more ammo in total than others.

KBob
06-29-2013, 09:53 AM
As stated you don't lose the bullets as the total max carried is 50 including the clip. If you have 5 in a clip you have 45 in storage after swap. 15 in clip 35 in storage after swap. It stays at 50total after swap. If this extra didn't occur you would only have a max of 35 in your reserve when replenishing for your mention rifle. So that the total ammo you have is 50 as that is the max sniper ammo you are supposed to have is 50. If this wasn't the case then if you have a larger clip you can carry more ammo in total than others.

yep .. the inconsistency is in the fact, that when you switch to your secondary, and back to the very same weapon you got loaded with bullets earlier - they are magically lost. I had a look - they were not on the ground as well.

the fact that one could have 100+ bullets in his LMG and still 500 in the pool is nice though :)

GiantInMaine
06-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Gotta make sure you use those bullets before you switch guns it's really the only way to take advantage of the extra it gives you.