+ Reply to Thread

Removing Gun Mods

Hi !

I've searched the forums, but haven't found information on how to remove gun mods.

I'm hoping you can remove gun mods and use them on another gun, otherwise the "Firestorm" and other mods you can unlock from Ark codes will be tough to use. You'll want to save them for a good gun you get later.

Right now when you remove them they are destroyed its done in the crafting just like adding them.

Yea it's also bugged to hell, hope it'll be fixed on release

Quote Originally Posted by Jardian View Post
    Right now when you remove them they are destroyed its done in the crafting just like adding them.
    I was able to remove the mod from one BMG and place them all into another BMG. You should be able to remove them in the crafting menu were you added them to the weapon to begin with.
    For you video viewing pleasure
    Friday Livestream Video Archives | Xbox Game Foootage | Beginner's Guide Video
    TrionWorlds Livestream Friday Extravaganza | IGN's Xbox Gameplay Walk Through | Beginner's Guide

Questions for Live Stream? You can post them here!
    Friday Livestream Question Compilation

Suggestions on gameplay? Create a Thread here!
    Suggestions Welcomed

I do not remember the exact ego rating but at a certain point you will get the ability to remove and recover mods via the salvage matrix. Removing mods will cost a small amount of salvage and destroy all mods on the weapon but allowing you to add new mods. Recovering mods takes a lot more salvage but instead of destroying all the mods it allows you to keep them. So yes fairly early on you can recover your mods for use on different weapons.

Anyone know what ego level is required to remove mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsaw View Post
    Hi !

I've searched the forums, but haven't found information on how to remove gun mods.

I'm hoping you can remove gun mods and use them on another gun, otherwise the "Firestorm" and other mods you can unlock from Ark codes will be tough to use. You'll want to save them for a good gun you get later.
    In the Salvage Matrix you have two options for removing gun mods.
    Remove Mod - Removes the mod but the mod is destroyed. Requires Ego 80
    Retrieve Mod - Retrieves all mods from the gun, but the gun is destroyed. Not sure on Ego Requirement 200 or 250

Virtually all tasks in salvage matrix cost ark salvage. The cost varies based on rarity of weapon and task being performed.

Now.. if someone can tell me how to remove the weapon XP from an individual weapon (like say the xp for the Firestorm).. then I'll be happy Just an FYI, if you max out the individual weapon xp, it no longer gains you weapon CLASS xp. I know there's a way to reset the weapon back to 0 xp, I just can't frackin remember it!