+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Upcoming Balance Changes

Hi everyone,

I’m back and today I want to go over some of the balance changes we are working on. This is not a comprehensive list of everything that we are currently looking into, just a quick breakdown of those things that you can expect to see soon. Keep an eye out on patch notes to see when these changes are going live.
    • FRC Heavy Scattergun – We have heard the complaints that the current version has nothing really unique about it that makes it a compelling choice. So, we are going back into it and increasing the number of pellets that it fires back up to 12, but dropping the damage per pellet to compensate for that. The overall damage if you hit with every pellet will be about the same as before.
    • Pistols – We are upping the ammo pool and the amount of ammo that you get from enemy drops to help keep some of the higher rate of fire pistols fed. You won’t see more ammo drops from enemies; just the amount of pistol ammo from each drop has gone up.
    • SAW’s – The SAW weapons (FRC SAW, Frontier SAW and Machinist’s Gun) were all outperforming both other light machine guns and many other weapons. We have lowered the damage on these weapons to bring their overall effective DPS back in line with other weapons.
    • Multi-Projectile Explosives – We are toning down the camera shake that you get from the explosions on the child projectiles. Getting several of these in an area was being more disruptive than we had intended because of overlapping effects. These should be much better in the future.
    • Infectors – We are removing the pulsing camera effect that remained on for the full duration of the DoT from the infector. This should make them less disruptive. We have also changed the burst size mod. It was setting the burst size to one, not adding one to the burst size, which can cause issues with very high Rate of Fire fully automatic infectors. We have changed these to just have a 10% increase in Rate of Fire.
    • Nano-Effects – Some weapons and mod combos were capable of getting nano-effect procs faster than was intended. We have added a 1.5 second cooldown to all the nano-effects. For most weapons, this will not be a noticeable change. For high rate of fire weapons, this should bring their proc rate over time more in line with lower rate of fire weapons.
    • Rocket Launchers – The prior balance passes on rockets took them down a little too far, so we are looking into bringing their power back up a bit to make them more balanced with other weapons.

A good start, plenty of trash guns still need a buff and infectors may still need a slight nerf (we'll see where it goes), but I like this.

Wolfhound just got better though, hell yeah mother****ers.
    I'm Era (Account name: Strifera) on PC-NA. Friend me if you'd like in game or on the forums.

So i still have to deal with growths blocking my aim? Also, nerfing the SAW does not make the other LMGs more attractive.
    PSN ID: Xx-Fang92-xX - PS3 NA

Quote Originally Posted by fang1192 View Post
    So i still have to deal with growths blocking my aim? Also, nerfing the SAW does not make the other LMGs more attractive.
    No, that's the pulsing camera effect (I hope).
    I'm Era (Account name: Strifera) on PC-NA. Friend me if you'd like in game or on the forums.

Leave the SAW as it is, it was the only lmg worth using and with you lowering the damage then there is really no point to use lmgs.

With the nano effect, will this be per individual target or for the weapon overall. The way it's worded I can see this being horrible for crowd control.

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    No, that's the pulsing camera effect (I hope).
    I hope so too. I'm glad they're normalizing the nano effects and buffing some UU weapons though.
    PSN ID: Xx-Fang92-xX - PS3 NA

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    A good start, plenty of trash guns still need a buff and infectors may still need a slight nerf (we'll see where it goes), but I like this.

Wolfhound just got better though, hell yeah mother****ers.
    Gotta ask: Do you sleep with a Wolfhound? Wear a Three Wolfhound Moon t-shirt? Have a tattoo of one over your heart?

omg thank you thank you

syphon on smgs was lethal 1.5 sec is way too much

infector field of view SO NEEDED
    _Team Ramrod_
    The Templar knights of core legion [NA-PC]
    best pvp players poll http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W72FQX7

Quote Originally Posted by GaryStelmack View Post
    [*]SAW’s – The SAW weapons (FRC SAW, Frontier SAW and Machinist’s Gun) were all outperforming both other light machine guns and many other weapons. We have lowered the damage on these weapons to bring their overall effective DPS back in line with other weapons.[/LIST]
    How big is this nerf exactly? 'In line with other weapons?' Other weapons or the other LMGs?

I hate to be one of those people, but players on the forums have been asking y'all to buff the other LMGs for quite some time, especially since most are absolute junk. But instead of giving us a reason to use a VOT Disruptor or all the non-SAW LMGs, you're just taking it out on the SAW. Good job.