+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Did dlc get pushed back again????

I have read a few topics recently, that talk about dlc pushback (as part of the rants), are they talking about late july, or is it pushed back even further now?

Nobody knows, not even the people making it, apparently.

DLC has never been pushed back as they've never announced a date. The closest we have is "end of July".
    GT: SaneFail
    In Game: Vilith

Quote Originally Posted by SaneFail View Post
    DLC has never been pushed back as they've never announced a date. The closest we have is "end of July".
    I know, but it should have come out in like...end of may (IMO)....but i have seen recent topics saying it got pushed back again, I would like to know if this is true, or if I read it wrong

They DLC has always been planned for Summer after the season was over. The last information they have said was that the DLC will drop late July and a dev mentioned that the DLC will go live when the Replay event is over on the 30th (which means DLC is 30th or 31st, which is late July).

So everything still appears to be on schedule and everything else is just rumours at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by A Frikn Grizzly View Post
    I have read a few topics recently, that talk about dlc pushback (as part of the rants), are they talking about late july, or is it pushed back even further now?
    DLC season pass was sold for the game. No release date was ever specified. People have made up this idea that Trion has repeatedly pushed back their DLC release date when they never gave a date. At E3 certain statements were made about a release schedule whereby the 5 first season pass DLCs would be released within the year, but that could mean within the year of the game's lifespan or by the end of this year.

Other people have stated (and I believe them), though I don't know where the dev's quotes are that the first DLC is to come by the end of July. Last I looked I'm pretty sure that meant July 2013 and not 2012, so that as yet is not a date that has been missed. This is the only information I am aware of as to any sort of time frame and yet someone decided that meant "pushed back". They must be psychic.

However, it's apparent that no matter what Trion did with the DLC and the timing of its release there would still be a poo-storm coming from fans. Release it too early and the complaints would fly-"why wasn't this part of the original game, blah blah blah." Release it "too late" and rumors will fly, especially made up ones.

I do wish that these wannabe devs would tell Trion exactly what is the "right" time frame in which they are allowed to release the DLC that they are making. I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in between "whenever I demand it" and "before I'm too bored", a very scientific time frame because that is the same for everyone.

the talk of there not ever being a delay is a lie.......plain and simple.......on may 8th they posted on the community blog page "enter the castithan....." in which they stated that the DLC was delayed do to live issues.......this post has since been removed thinking that all players have a short attention span and wouldnt notice that they removed it......so they are now blatantly lying to us all telling us they never intended to release until after the first season had finished airing......if you ask anyone else who has followed the blog since release they will tell you the same thing.....i wish i had taken screen shots now that they have removed it but i bet if you look around the net they will be there somewhere.......

Quote Originally Posted by SaneFail View Post
    Actually, it was pushed back.

http://community.defiance.com/en/201...till-have-lag/

• Another big patch? It’s Friday night and it’s tricky to rock a rhyme that’s right on time. We have a patch around the 15th but we’ve already started work on the massive patch that’s coming roughly 2 weeks later. There are so many things we can’t fix, add or improve right away and have to be part of a larger client patch. That’s why we have two planned. After that you should see a nice shiny DLC.
    http://community.defiance.com/en/201...alk-potential/

Here is an example: The first DLC which we delayed to address live issues but is now en route I am calling: ENTER THE CASTITHAN till marketing comes up with a better name. Why Castithan? Why, it’s because you’ll be able to play a Castithan. Nifty. Here’s the tentative list of items:
    The shiny DLC was pushed back for bug fixes.

Now they said late July at E3.
    And I recall someone mentioning July 30th was the date given on AtB.

So get your facts straight people.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,xxx - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO & Firefall

Quote Originally Posted by Indra Echo View Post
    DLC season pass was sold for the game. No release date was ever specified. People have made up this idea that Trion has repeatedly pushed back their DLC release date when they never gave a date. At E3 certain statements were made about a release schedule whereby the 5 first season pass DLCs would be released within the year, but that could mean within the year of the game's lifespan or by the end of this year.

Other people have stated (and I believe them), though I don't know where the dev's quotes are that the first DLC is to come by the end of July. Last I looked I'm pretty sure that meant July 2013 and not 2012, so that as yet is not a date that has been missed. This is the only information I am aware of as to any sort of time frame and yet someone decided that meant "pushed back". They must be psychic.

However, it's apparent that no matter what Trion did with the DLC and the timing of its release there would still be a poo-storm coming from fans. Release it too early and the complaints would fly-"why wasn't this part of the original game, blah blah blah." Release it "too late" and rumors will fly, especially made up ones.

I do wish that these wannabe devs would tell Trion exactly what is the "right" time frame in which they are allowed to release the DLC that they are making. I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in between "whenever I demand it" and "before I'm too bored", a very scientific time frame because that is the same for everyone.

I'll be surprised if we get it at the end of July.

I'm still waiting on them to fix the main game. Seeing as how I have to re-install it every time a new patch is released.
    Roses are red, my van is grey, hop inside I have candy, we'll bang OK?

Quote Originally Posted by A Frikn Grizzly View Post
    I know, but it should have come out in like...end of may (IMO)....but i have seen recent topics saying it got pushed back again, I would like to know if this is true, or if I read it wrong
    I think the reason people are saying it got pushed back is that the closest thing anyone has ever been given to a release date was "end of July." Well now we're a week into July, The TV show's first season is over, and there's still no date for the DLC release. I would think that as rabid as players are for DLC, they'd give a real date ASA freakin P. I would also think that they'd know a definite date at least a month before the release.

It may actually come out the end of the month. But after playing this game since day one I expect the worst and prepare for the worst.