+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

My idea for Level Up incentive

So, there seems to be an outcry over moving perk slots to lower levels. Personally, I don't see a problem with it on its own; I look forward to being able to use them all sooner (As soon as the patch hits in my case as I'm currently just over 2k).

But reading the arguments against it, I agree that there really seems to be a trend of punishing people for attaining high levels. I think about how much Salvage I've burned through lately and hearing it only gets worse is frightening. So then, this is my suggestion:

Reverse the costs of Modding.

Starting off there is a period of time at which you can't really do any modding beyond breaking things down. This gives you a "buffer" time to build up salvage. So when you start to be able to add slots, retrieve and remove mods and the like, it should cost what Lv. 4k plus players cost now. A lot. This reflects your inexperience at doing mods. As you increase in level, costs should go down, as you get better at it, until at lvl 5000 they are almost nothing.

Further, at 5k, give the player the ability to remove the weapon's level number. Give them the ability to get powerful weapons, mod them cheaply, remove the number and give/sell them to others.

I'm pretty sure that being able to become an extremely valuable gun runner would be quite an incentive to reach 5K and would reflect their status as masters of the Bay Area.

That's far more clever than I am comfortable with, please stop that.

As you increase in experience, you get better with mods so you need less scrap, it even fits with RP (Hehe, like anyone cares about RP).

inb4:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondin View Post
    Why you should have reward because you have more time to invest in a game?
    This is the type of response im waiting for. Personally, I like the idea. And it would have stopped me from throwing away those good early weapons i had no salvage to mod
    PSN ID: Xx-Fang92-xX - PS3 NA

Beautiful idea. +1 Interwebs for you!!

Thanks to Tyfer31 for the Sig
    (Yes the snail has "poop shoes")

One hundred percent win

I agree with the.

As a 5k ego player I've continously felt punished by putting effort into this game lately.

I mean: you can get maximum powered weapon with 1600 EGO.
    Full perks with 1000 ego.

What do you get for 5000k EGO?
    QUADRUPLE salvage matrix costs!
    Hell yea!
    Who wouldn't like that?

PC EU
    IGN: Asuka Dex

Warmaster?
    More like "Fresh Meat"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sdric View Post
    I agree with the.

As a 5k ego player I've continously felt punished by putting effort into this game lately.

I mean: you can get maximum powered weapon with 1600 EGO.
    Full perks with 1000 ego.

What do you get for 5000k EGO?
    QUADRUPLE salvage matrix costs!
    Hell yea!
    Who wouldn't like that?

Completely agree and is one of the reasons I only get on once in a while. With current game progression feels like a punishment and can only see if feeling worse after the changes coming.
    GT: d4RK FaLLen

This is the type of constructive input these forums need more of. I love this idea. It could be yet another thing we have to work towards.

I like your ideas. Removing lvl from a weapon should be the action that requires high Ark-salvage costs.
    Osmund - EU - PC

Yeah there definitely needs to be SOME reward(s) for the high level players, it all seems a bit pointless now.