+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Velocity?

Velocity?

How does increased velocity help? Does it boost the damage or just give me a better chance to hit the target with a Rocket Launcher? I assume second, as the target has less chance to avoid the rocket?

I wish the lvl 10 bonus on them wasn't 15% increased melee damage, its not like I ever use the melee perks, they were the last ones I ever learned. Its the same for bolt action snipers, useless bonus to me.

You're correct about velocity. It just gets there quicker so enemies have less time to move away. Unfortunately it makes a mass cannon hard to use at short-range.

The melee damage can be very useful with the right loadout. I like to wreak havoc on raiders with a couple of armadas or an armada and a bonfire and the ammo thief, shock trooper, deadly cascade, preparedness, and hyperactive perks. All the enemies finished off with a melee attack helps keeps the ammo supply going.

The latter. Generally speaking, an objects velocity is the speed at which it travels from point A to point B. In this case said object is a missile.

Say that the trip from point A to B normaly takes 5 seconds. a 15% increase to velocity means that you'll take that 300 seconds and trim it by .45 seconds leaving only a 4.15 seconds for you projectile to hit the target. Even just that small window is useful.

Y'all whine too much.

Nilxain's Warmaster Guide
    ^^^MUST READ^^^

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv75/locusani/motherlodeskitter2sig3b.jpg
    Siggy done by the ever-talented Ensu

Quote Originally Posted by Dist0rt3d Hum0r View Post
    The latter. Generally speaking, an objects velocity is the speed at which it travels from point A to point B. In this case said object is a missile.

Say that the trip from point A to B normaly takes 5 seconds. a 15% increase to velocity means that you'll take that 300 seconds and trim it by .45 seconds leaving only a 4.15 seconds for you projectile to hit the target. Even just that small window is useful.
    5 - .45 = 4.45

Also,
    A 15% increase in velocity would reduce a 5 second time by .65 seconds, to 4.35.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannova View Post
    5 - .45 = 4.45

Also,
    A 15% increase in velocity would reduce a 5 second time by .65 seconds, to 4.35.
    5-0.45 = 4.55

Jus' sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by Hannova View Post
    5 - .45 = 4.45

Also,
    No, Dist0rt3d Hum0r was right - .15 of 5 mins is 45 seconds. 5 mins = 60x5=300 secs (because minutes have 60 seconds in them, not 100 seconds). 5 mins minus 45 secs is 4 mins 15 secs.

He just used wrong word (said 5 seconds instead of 5 minutes), then started talking about 300 seconds (5 minutes).

Distorted Humor kind of mixed minutes and seconds in his post (5 seconds have 300 seconds in them?), so it's a little hard to tell if he meant 4 minutes and 15 seconds or 4.15 seconds.

There is however another (small) mistake in his calculation. A 15% increase in speed does not translate exactly into a 15% reduction in the time to hit the target. It actually divides it by 1.15, which is equal to a reduction of about 13.1%. I know, the difference is fairly insignificant, but as a number nerd I was compelled to point it out...
    Guide to Weapon Bonus Rolls (partly outdated) | Guide to Weapon Mods | Guide to Scopes and Sights
    HP and Regeneration rate tests | Weapon range tests

Want to know which guns are the best? Check out my weapon tables! (partly outdated)

Ahh, I was just going off of fractions. Guess it makes sense if the decimal point is denoting seconds rather than fractions of a whole...