+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Why aren't passive/active skills more formidable?

After a particularly spectular trouncing by a boss, I decided to take a good hard look at my skills to figure out what went wrong.

And well, I was disappointed by reading the stats:
    Tilarta's Tank Build Skills

3%Regeneration
    +225HP
    6% Less Damage
    +30% Damage

Now granted, those last two skills aren't complete yet, but still, that's pretty bad.

For example, I take 6% less damage from a one shot kill, I'm still dead!
    And my health regen wasn't enough to keep me alive between the his two shot kill skills.

In any other game that employed this mechanic, I outhealed the damage inflicted, which kept me in the fight long enough to finish it.

But this, well, I'm getting the impression I could remove all these skills (except for Overcharge) and still fight effectively.
    Which means they're pointless in even being there in the first place!

If i invest my ego points in this build, I want to feel like I'm actually getting more powerful, not a placebo that doesn't help me in anyway whatsoever during practical gameplay.

Because this game is a shooter and shooters are skill based. If you're looking for RPG-style progressions play an RPG.

And some give pretty huge bonuses. Thick Skinned and Escape Artist come to mind. Rear Guard as well. A bunch of the crouch/stand-still ones between Decoy and Cloak. There are more.

So were the games I had in mind!

They were a Shooter style games and my defense rating was pretty formidable.
    Like I said, they kept me in the fight long enough to finish it.

But this game, I don't feel like anything is really helping.

Overcharge does in a pinch, but against the really tough enemies, it doesn't even scratch them before they finish me.

ALL but 30% dmg are useless IMO. I too had those "general" perks with all builds. But your weapon type makes a huge difference when equipping perks.

As for survival, find a respark shield iirc. 3 sec delay time @ 40% recharge is godly. And if you find one with health regen you are set. Yeah more HP is nice but with that respark shield + rolling, you will not need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavadus View Post
    Because this game is a shooter and shooters are skill based. If you're looking for RPG-style progressions play an RPG.
    Gotta agree. I don't know who/what this 'boss' is that you were fighting, but there aren't any in the game that can't be done with the gear you start with and no equipped perks.

Remind me to throw that at the guys who claim it's easy!

Because they say the exact opposite!

Given that you can unlock all nine perks slots at ego 1000, it doesn't make much of a difference if the powers are stronger or weaker in PVP.

As for in PVE, the game is easy enough not to require further buffs. There is really no point to finally having a strong enemy in the form of volge and then turn around and buff players again to trivialize them.
    US NA PC - Lucifer <You will be Assimilated> - EGO 5000

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    After a particularly spectular trouncing by a boss, I decided to take a good hard look at my skills to figure out what went wrong.

And well, I was disappointed by reading the stats:
    Tilarta's Tank Build Skills

3%Regeneration
    +225HP
    6% Less Damage
    +30% Damage

Now granted, those last two skills aren't complete yet, but still, that's pretty bad.

For example, I take 6% less damage from a one shot kill, I'm still dead!
    And my health regen wasn't enough to keep me alive between the his two shot kill skills.

In any other game that employed this mechanic, I outhealed the damage inflicted, which kept me in the fight long enough to finish it.

But this, well, I'm getting the impression I could remove all these skills (except for Overcharge) and still fight effectively.
    Which means they're pointless in even being there in the first place!

If i invest my ego points in this build, I want to feel like I'm actually getting more powerful, not a placebo that doesn't help me in anyway whatsoever during practical gameplay.
    If you're going to get fortitude, get thick skin as well.
    That will effectively double the HP bonus when your shield breaks.

There is no build in this game that will allow you to just tank hits.
    The closest is a crazy proc syphon weapon that just replenishes you over and over.

Have you tried standing behind cover?
    That doesn't cost you any perks at all.

shhhh. they will nerf the skills next
    worker bees can leave
    even drones can fly away
    the queen is their slave--Fight Club

Joshua: A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

http://www.etaew.net/defiance/
    http://www.defiance.com/en/game/?CAS...oMEGHvtLge-cas

The closest you can get to a tank:

1. Cellular Armor
    2. Thick skin
    3. Regeneration
    4. Fortitude
    5. Fortified Stance
    6. Hunker Down
    7. Detachment
    8. Insult to Injury
    9. Blast Shield

Blur
    Syphon SAW modded Catalyst Injector 2 and some nano synergy.
    Rhino Shield
    Bio grenade.

This is pretty much the absolute closest you can get to an unmoving, unyielding tank and you can't maintain it longer than 20 or so seconds and it is very conditional.

Its smarter if you take cover.
    PSN ID: Xx-Fang92-xX - PS3 NA