+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I've been seeing quite a few TV ads, including on news channels of all places, and plenty of online ads. Overall, though, word seems to have spread very little. Even my most avid gamer students have mostly never heard of it, and the local Gamestop only had one Ultime Edition preorder (mine), despite it being a GS exclusive in the U.S. The press for the game was utterly underwhelming.

What really sucks is that there will be plenty of players wanting to jump in when the TV series begins, but, by then, the likelihood of getting one's hands on a UE is slim. Heck, it's slim NOW, and preorders are still taking place.

Yea i hear ya see i was thinking of the UE however over here im hearing people are waiting till the 12th and are now cancelling it and going for the standered editions
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

Good Day & Slow Mutations!

Personally, I haven't seen one ad about the game but I don't watch TV (only Netflix) and I have AdBlock Plus on my browser. So that's me not necessarily Trion's fault.

There is apparently a two story, three sided ad for Defiance in Times Square. You can't get much more high profile than that. I also just went to see G.I. Joe and there were a couple ads that played right before the previews. It seems like they will have the marketing campaign going full blast for the next two weeks.

I saw a couple adds while watching Syfi and comedy central for both show and game. (This was today)

Not much, facebook has doubled almost tripled its size since I joined.

Most important thing is to see how high metacritic score they get and how many reviewers actually review this.

well If I may offer just my fuzzy logic. I personally think it is great when something doesnt NEED to be everywhere and anywhere.

I mean look at most of the games today. You cant turn a corner without 10 different advertisements and promotions being shoved in your face. And sadly The trend turns out that the ones that need to hype THEMSELVES usually end up the biggest disappointment.

However When a game is able to sell itself on its own merits, not hype and promotions around every single corner, one can usually find a great game. I mean the games where it is promoted not by billboards and advertisements, but By actual gameplay and people relaying thier own experiences (usually starting with beta players). And so the person they talked to gets curious, looks up information (usually gameplay footage and such). And if they like what they see. then they will continue that cycle. And thus the game promotes itself pretty much.

A good game is one that can stand to sell on its own merits. Look at the commercials for Halo 4 vs CoD. Halo showed gameplay and In-game Cinematics. While CoD decided to just hire a bunch of actors in front of a green screen. Halo is the type of game that doesnt need any additional hype or publicity more than an advertisement here or there. It shows what it has to stand on. Far as I See, I have no interest in CoD because it chooses to just use the "Celebrity" approach. Hiring celebrities and paid actors to tout its game, rather than letting the game speak for itself.

Again thats just the way I see things, I am sure I am completely wrong on this, but thats my logic and I am holding to it!

Outside of the website and a random youtube hit or google ad hit, I've seen nothing. Alaska. Then again we live in igloo's and hunt seals. DIE SEAL GIVE ME MY BANANA BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenic_Touch View Post
    Seen commercials for it on SYFY, FX, Tnt, fox and the wb. Plus it's been advertised every time I bring up the on demand menu on my comcast cable. Talks about the show and then brings up the game.
    I also saw an advertisement for Defiance at the movie theaters.
    Madness in its sweetest form.

I'm with the OP. I live in the UK and have seen basically nothing in the way of advertisements or publicity. I saw Jaime Murray on Daybreak the other day for little over 2 minutes and thats been about it (and they didn't mention the game in that)

I'd like to see allot more in the way of getting stuff into Supermarkets etc.. as that's where the majority of us spend our money if its not online and I'd love to see maybe some of the key actors/actresses of the show on some of the Friday/Saturday night chatshows to promote the TV show & game.