+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A small amount, of basic, simple questions

This is NOT a complaining post, a negative post, or anything of the sort, just to clarify. If your going to do anything of the sort, make a new post plzzzz

-All these dumb rumors flying around, does ANYONE actually KNOW (feel free to jump in devs/mods!) a date for this DLC? Is it the 30th? Not this month? I have heard everything now....and nothing is for sure.....

-When DLC IS released, will Sieges be brought back?

-Its been 4 months since release, WHY CAN WE NOT CHANGE OUTFITS STILL?? Like, 4 MONTHS, and I still have to use a default PvP outfit??? REALLY??

-Is Trion taking into account EVERY high EGO player, wanting something (anything) for their time and effort to reach a high ego? Is there some thoughts flying around as to what can be done, so its actually a positive thing to be a high EGO? Or are we just going to have to remake a new character every 1000 EGO?

If anyone has answers, my ears are listening!

(Again, I love this game, problems or no problems, but a LITTLE bit of feedback would be AMAZING, By feedback I mean a response, not just a closed thread with a general message)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono499 View Post
    -All these dumb rumors flying around, does ANYONE actually KNOW (feel free to jump in devs/mods!) a date for this DLC? I
    No

Yes

-Its been 4 months since release, WHY CAN WE NOT CHANGE OUTFITS STILL?? Like, 4 MONTHS, and I still have to use a default PvP outfit??? REALLY??
    cuz Trion

-Is Trion taking into account EVERY high EGO player, wanting something (anything) for their time and effort to reach a high ego? Is there some thoughts flying around as to what can be done, so its actually a positive thing to be a high EGO? Or are we just going to have to remake a new character every 1000 EGO?
    WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Remag Div View Post

cuz Trion
    So, that can be used for all questions pretty much?

Pretty much.

Yeaup.

/dlcisnextmonthnothismonth

This is NOT a complaining post, a negative post, or anything of the sort, just to clarify. If your going to do anything of the sort, make a new post plzzzz

-All these dumb rumors flying around, does ANYONE actually KNOW (feel free to jump in devs/mods!) a date for this DLC? Is it the 30th? Not this month? I have heard everything now....and nothing is for sure.....

If anyone has answers, my ears are listening!

(Again, I love this game, problems or no problems, but a LITTLE bit of feedback would be AMAZING, By feedback I mean a response, not just a closed thread with a general message)
    This is long and in the end we don't have too many concrete answers. We're waiting just like you.

No one but Trion knows when DLC is coming out. I'd rather it be ready before it is released.

Yes, sieges will be back. It is unknown if before the DLC or alongside the DLC. Trion did show what content will look like in the Sieges with the Volge and turrets, but and that's a big but, lag. This will likely determine some things. And players don't want to help here since they're insistent on using vehicles still at arkfalls as well as the Titan truck-they cause lag and lots of it. At some they do get destroyed right away, at others they do not. But lag is an unavoidable thing since there is no standardization of connection speeds or connection quality or type. Sieges will, they said, also allow BMG users to get more credit for their work, so again lag. BMGs really do add to the issue as can be seen even with large groups of people walking down a road. A few people using them can lag others out of the game. This has been the case with other things in other games-certain weapons or even spells could cause game-stopping lag.

I don't know what the specific problems were with the competitive outfits but I can only assume it had something to do with people not getting rewarded for earning them-the game was not giving people outfits they'd earned. It may be due to something else, as in they may also be re-working it to take advantage of new rewards to come, or due to other bugs. It also may be that the different outfits were increasing the lag inherent in any PvP game and causing some of the graphics issues that makes other things a problem. For instance Cloak can be infinite for some players and this infinite cloak may be due to graphics being slow to render. Add on the render times needed for the custom outfits and it might have made things even worse. This is a guess so take it for what you will.

Trion seems open to suggestions and has stated they are looking into salvage costs (they reduced the cost of remastering weapons for example). A lot of people have asked for some tangible reason to work toward 5000. One thing that helps higher EGO players is that if they get new weapons, those weapons generally have 4 open mod slots, so the need to use salvage for that goes down. I have no idea if they're planning anything tangible though. They do seem to take suggestions and stated the direction of the game may at least in part be due to how we play. They didn't know we'd like sieges that much. Because we do, they will be adding more.

The best suggestion is if you want to see something in the game either submit the suggestion in the forums or use the ingame suggestion/feedback form or both. Tell them what you want to see.

I would expect an announcement about the DLC from the session at Comic Con.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondin View Post
    I can change my PvP outfit whenever I want...? (pc)
    There's only 4 and they're tied to Pursuits which is fine, but more customization is always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimov View Post
    I would expect an announcement about the DLC from the session at Comic Con.
    i bet they will say "by the end of summer" and not give a date..
    Reflexive Fire: Failure Drill