+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EGO recharge research - numbers inside...

Hello,

Over the weekend I worked on figuring out how long each EGO power takes to recharge and how the Bloodlust perk can make you a killing machine when fighting for the coveted top spot at an arkfall. Tested by working against the SQ hulker and arkfalls.

Bloodlust (BL)- recharge 3% of EGO power on ANY damage - cooldown 5 seconds.

Overcharge (OC)
    base - 50 second recharge
    base + BL - 39 second recharge
    base + BL + Quick_Charge (-9 seconds on OC recharge) - 33

Blur
    base - 60 second recharge
    base + BL - 45 second recharge
    base + BL + Second wind (-12 seconds from recharge) - 39 second recharge

Decoy and Cloak
    base - 40
    base + BL - 35 second recharge
    base + (respective -9 second perk) = 28 second recharge.

From this experiment I found that Ego refresh abilities that directly remove seconds from the base create a NEW base recharge time for other perks to work against. This is opposite of how Fortitude interacts with HP base where Fortitude acts more like an extra HP reserve tank when working with rate of recharge. The game also seems to make a NEW base every 5 second interval in relation to BL because the discount from BL shortens every time it kicks in. The math and stopwatch are pretty close so I'll blame server lag for any minor time discrepancies

Now knowing how this works, I am top 5 of every arkfall I work in because I get my OC back every 33 seconds. SHHHHH don't tell anybody though....... forget that: tell EVERYBODY and tell them to Thank "Genghis Don" if they see me online on xbox.

** edited extra thought - just think if you had a party of people with 33 second OC recharge people at a seige!!! Those waves would drop really fast and big rewards would be had by all. Can't wait for DLC now!!!

Oh that is AWESOME!
    *Dives to add Blood Lust to his Arkfall Build*
    Hell any build......

Good info! Thanks again for your research posts, they are very helpful.

Read me........
    Thank you traveler for the bump in post #5. I hate seeing actual useful info get buried by the "nerf this" and "buff that" threads. Oh well, the forum is for the community to voice their thought and opinions so everybody is free to post and read how they wish.

Donny, if it's any consolation.... I Read it 3-4 times today
    Info BUMP!

I have my EGO recharge down to about eleven seconds, but I could probably shave two seconds off with the reload modification I'm looking for. I could likely shave another second or two off with another perk, but it doesn't really work into my PvP build. Here's a crappy GIF to show it. The starting cloak and ending cloak show when I get my power back up.

EDIT: I'm pretty lazy about fixing my recording, but here's a video of how fast I can get my reload up to. Granted, this is a different Courier I'm using that does not have the double EGO recharge on reload rolls.

Retired. Already proved myself as a top PvP player.
    Now playing games that actually have PvP.

People actually covet top spot at Arkfalls?

Did you know that it really does not matter where you place when it comes to exp and item rewards?

Also top spots can be exploited easy by simply using certain weapons on weak spots or simply using a SAW for all the others.

I don't try at arkfalls no more, after the 1000th one some us cease to care.

bumpin my own stuff today. There are tons of ways to lower your cooldown times, but this is pretty universal and doesn't require reloads or breaking your shield or killing with a melee hit.

Enjoy and keep Defiance alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ten4 View Post
    People actually covet top spot at Arkfalls?

Did you know that it really does not matter where you place when it comes to exp and item rewards?

Also top spots can be exploited easy by simply using certain weapons on weak spots or simply using a SAW for all the others.

I don't try at arkfalls no more, after the 1000th one some us cease to care.
    It doesn't matter it rewards more or not, people just want to be nr1 in stuff.

If killing an enemy takes less than 5 seconds (which it does in quite a few cases) I would suggest Energy Leech over Bloodlust. (NOTE: I have not tested Energy Leech for an ICD.)