Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Friday Livestream with the Dev Team

Last night, Friday 26 July. The community team hosted a livestream session of Defiance.

The Community Managers; dahanese, OverloadUT and Sledgehammer; were joined by the new Producer, RedAvocado. This streams focuses on a Q&A with the new producer.

- News
    - Producer Summary
    - If you have maxxed out the full character slots, can you create characters on a new server region?
    - DLC Date
    - Fixes that will come with the DLC
    - Chat Changes
    - Public Test Server
    - Higher EGO Rating, the higher salvage cost
    - Can we customize pvp matches to exclude or only use infectors / detonators?
    - Can we have a paid service to transfer characters across regions?
    - Will we see any new areas on the island?
    - When will the salvage matrix changes be released?
    - Charlies fate
    - Can we add the Dark Matter Monolith to the world?
    - Character lots, can we have more?
    - Can everyone get charge blades?
    - Is the Dark Matter Arkfall for everyone or just the DLC?
    - Is Defiance going to be on next gen consoles?
    - Auction Houses and Banks
    - New co-op maps or pvp maps
    - Do you have to be Castithan to do the new story content?
    - In the DLC what general things are free and paid?
    - Details on the Battle Arena
    - XBOX Games on Demand
    - Show team members quests
    - Any more outfits?
    - Salvage matrix bulk selection
    - Buy backpack slots with keycodes?
    - Why did you remove weapons from the new Raptor vehicle?
    - Contest for community designed outfits and vehicle skins?
    - Inventory slot unlocks between characters
    - Sieges
    - RIFT Crossover Items
    - Group Size
    - Official Merchandise
    - Redesign PC UI
    - Raptr Rewards Program
    - Co-op mode for main mission storyline
    - Unique skills and gear
    - Community Interaction
    - PvP Community Needs Love

You can look at the transcription of the answers at: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=57

Or watch the video on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/436332752 (starts 1:30:00)
    Defiance Data the community resource site, Databases, Tools, Guides and News

Nicely done! Keep it up to both the Defiance Dev team and Etaew!

How to get Defiance at $9.99:

Step 1 - Register as an Ark Hunter:
    http://www.defiance.com/en/welcome-t...NQ3KC7E6NJ9NZF

Step 2A - Defiance @ $9.99 on Steam
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/224600/

Season Pass ($29.99)
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/224610/

Chris seems like a no BS guy. It's refreshing.
    Mac - VBI Operative Proud Member of the Friends of Trick Dempsey Association

The few, the proud, the DEFIANT!

Redesign PC UI

They are making some changes to the PC specific UI, but when there is a game for 3 platforms there is an efficency factor that they have to pay attention to. They will be slowly adding some more PC specific settings and changes, but not a sweeping full UI change just for PC.

So this translates to:

"PC is the least important platform for us".

Great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdric View Post
    Maximum Perks: 1000 Ego
    Maximum Weapons: 1600 Ego
    Maximum Salvage Matrix Cost: 5000 Ego

Something here feels horribly wrong.
    :: You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig. ::

Quote Originally Posted by CptBadger View Post
    So this translates to:

"PC is the least important platform for us".
    Perhaps, we don't get to see the numbers there might be far higher amount of console players and so it makes sense to focus on them, that said they probably wouldn't have lost some players if the UI was improved.

I am glad it is on their radar, and can understand that maintaining two different systems would be a waste of resources at this time. Looking forward to the updates whatever they are.
    Defiance Data the community resource site, Databases, Tools, Guides and News

Great job Etaew - thanks for the recap. Not sure about the answer to the question about an auction house though, seems like when asked about banks and auction houses they said "probably not" to banks and ignored the auction house part of the question?

In all though, they did a fair job of giving us a look at their future plans.

The one that actually bothers me the most is this:

Why did you remove weapons from the new Raptor vehicle?

Firing weapons from vehicles we think are really cool. I don't remember us making a change there, there was never a turret there.

I do recall watching a couple of different videos from E3 and SDCC where it was said that the Raptor was going to have a turret on it and that it was going to be a PvE/PvP vehicle.

Etaew - Great work as always, Thank You!

Op thanks for posting the links to the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranth View Post
    The one that actually bothers me the most is this:

Why did you remove weapons from the new Raptor vehicle?

Firing weapons from vehicles we think are really cool. I don't remember us making a change there, there was never a turret there.

I do recall watching a couple of different videos from E3 and SDCC where it was said that the Raptor was going to have a turret on it and that it was going to be a PvE/PvP vehicle.

Etaew - Great work as always, Thank You!
    Yep, I remember them saying that too. Otherwise why would it be a truck of doom or whatever, if it is just a transport with no offensive capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Etaew View Post
    Perhaps, we don't get to see the numbers there might be far higher amount of console players and so it makes sense to focus on them, that said they probably wouldn't have lost some players if the UI was improved.

I am glad it is on their radar, and can understand that maintaining two different systems would be a waste of resources at this time. Looking forward to the updates whatever they are.
    I doubt PC will get any love in the near future, but one would think that if they wanted to game to last, they would focus on the PC aspect.

With the new consoles on the horizon, and those consoles not being backwards compatible, PC users would not be the ones jumping ship. Of course, the game is abysmal for many PC users, as it is basically a bug filled 10 year old game as the specifications the game is built on is for the 10 year old consoles.

They would basically have to rewrite the code from scratch to get the majority of PC players back, or new players to stay, and they have a hard enough job fixing something without breaking 5 other things.

So instead they will focus on dangling the carrot in front of console users in hopes of milking microtransactions as fast as they can, knowing they only have a limited amount of time before the console users start jumping ship to the new consoles.

What I heard was what I have heard since the game released. A bunch of things in the pipe, no real times anything will be improved, etc etc, just from new voices.

I honestly can not believe people get all excited chasing the carrot from a team which has a track record for disappointment. Reminds me of a dog that is so desperate for attention that a person can kick it repeatedly and it will still come when called. Trion has done nothing to deserve the loyalty for Defiance, and everything to show that if there is any way at all to mess things up, they will do it.