Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by N3gativeCr33p View Post
    I'll say one thing... that could very well be the most boring developer podcast that I have ever watched. I think they left more questions up in the air than they actually answered definitively.
    Typically that's what happens unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Elric1 View Post
    That is what this game needs the ability to mod
    Honestly, Im not even sure that would make a significant difference. There seems to be some indications that the code for this engine is hell to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by RedAvocado View Post
    I don't think there is a need for translation on this one. We aren't going to maintain massively different UIs for the different platforms. PC is an extremely important platform but not the only one.
    Or you know, you could just do what should have been done in the first place, and make a slightly modified UI that's actually usable on a PC

Instead of one that is console centric.

But hey, PC is an important platform right?
    Roses are red, my van is grey, hop inside I have candy, we'll bang OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    Honestly, Im not even sure that would make a significant difference. There seems to be some indications that the code for this engine is hell to work with.
    It is code designed to work with 10 year old specifications, and Trion is not doing anything spectacular with it. There is no advanced physics, highly intelligent AI, super dynamic interface, etc etc. They are not doing anything that other companies have not done in the lack 10 years. If the code is that much of an issue, then someone majorly dropped the ball in design and implementation, which would explain why they can not do the simplest of things without breaking 5 things in the process.

I could understand if they were pushing the envelope and being highly innovative, but to screw up this bad is beyond excuse. It is like screwing up boiling water. I am sure that when man first started boiling water, there was a trial and error stage, but to screw up today while cause people to question if the family tree has any branches.

Former Defiance Community Manager Sledgehammer70's Avatar
    It has come to our attention that during a press event during E3 our Producer mentioned that the new Raptor 4 player vehicle would have a turret/ weapon equipped on it. This is in fact not true. If you look at the video the turret is in place with no weapon.

I first off want to apologize as I did not know a member of our team stated this information during E3, which was a false statement. I was fairly over powering the community in our live stream with statements that we never said that. Again I apologize for this as I was wrong.

But for the record, the new Raptor 4 player vehicle will not have a mounted gun turret at this time. It has a slot for a gun, but currently that slot is used for a player to stand in.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer

Thanks sledge for clearing that up. A question I have is will the ability to buy clan boosts be coming back in the next patch? Or will it be fixed before the next dlc hits? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
    It has come to our attention that during a press event during E3 our Producer mentioned that the new Raptor 4 player vehicle would have a turret/ weapon equipped on it. This is in fact not true. If you look at the video the turret is in place with no weapon.

I first off want to apologize as I did not know a member of our team stated this information during E3, which was a false statement. I was fairly over powering the community in our live stream with statements that we never said that. Again I apologize for this as I was wrong.

But for the record, the new Raptor 4 player vehicle will not have a mounted gun turret at this time. It has a slot for a gun, but currently that slot is used for a player to stand in.
    Appology accepted. Its a disapointment that there won't be a gun there yet but I can get over it. I do wish they hadn't modeled it the way they did, but if it comes in the future, it'll make more sense.
    Reversed Salvage Costs- my idea for solving the Level Up Punishment
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...l-Up-incentive

Former Defiance Community Manager Sledgehammer70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EV76 View Post
    Thanks sledge for clearing that up. A question I have is will the ability to buy clan boosts be coming back in the next patch? Or will it be fixed before the next dlc hits? Thanks in advance.
    Yes Clan Boosts will be coming back. Our team is working out issues that caused them to not apply to your clan properly or expire to early.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer

Yes Clan Boosts will be coming back. Our team is working out issues that caused them to not apply to your clan properly or expire to early.
    Thanks Sledge for the reply. Good to know they will be back.

Now that you explained that one, how come the arena is going to be solo instead of group play like the original blog post implied?

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,xxx - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO & Firefall

Closed Thread