+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

So...A little birdie told me....

Hi Trion.

My friend recently informed me that he has purchased multiple outfits from your staore, ranging from $5-$20 (that's right, ONE outfit, costing a third of the game price)

and, he tells me it doesent even work right? Arms are different color then other skin....holes in the back of his neck, and all kinds of texture errors..

I told him he MUST be wrong, as they WOULD NOT charge $20.00, for an outfit, that does not work, and has been broken, for 4 months.

If this needs to get moved to another sections that's cool, but, anyone confirm this? ANy word on fixing it if true???

Like...

WHATS THE DEAL>>??>>??

Former Defiance Community Manager Sledgehammer70's Avatar
    If his outfit is having issues I would encourage you to contact our support team to report the issue. Screenshots or any other information would be very helpful in a situation like this.

https://support.trionworlds.com/
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer

Awesome, thanks Sledge. Lemme try to wrangle up some pics from my buddy Storm and put them up if that would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono499 View Post
    I told him he MUST be wrong, as they WOULD NOT charge $20.00, for an outfit, that does not work, and has been broken, for 4 months.
    Why not? There are still bugs from Alpha that haven't been addressed yet.

- Emergencies that do not complete and/or despawn.
    - Objects floating above the ground at emergencies.
    - Motion Blur setting on PC does not save when turned 'off'.
    - Lighting on Challenger previews in the vendor window is off, so the cars always look mostly black, regardless of color.
    - Vendors force open their windows if you're close to them, without having to interact with the vendor to do so.
    - Hostile Takeover mission is still bugged and suffers from numerous graphical glitches.
    - The Emergency spawn location outside of Mine 98 is still bugged, and will render the event invisible as you get close to it, then respawn it as you move away.
    - The two Golden Gate area extraction beacons overwrite each other, spamming the chat window endlessly when you're in that area.
    - Loot boosts still skew the loot table towards white grenades and shields when active.

That's just a handful that still exist, nearly 4 months after release, some of which were allegedly corrected at least once already. Sadly, some outfits have always had issues with clipping, etc.., and are very likely far down the list of priorities to be fixed at the moment.

> Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott the Bit Store. <

Quote Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
    Why not? There are still bugs from Alpha that haven't been addressed yet.

- Emergencies that do not complete and/or despawn.
    - Objects floating above the ground at emergencies.
    - Motion Blur setting on PC does not save when turned 'off'.
    - Lighting on Challenger previews in the vendor window is off, so the cars always look mostly black, regardless of color.
    - Vendors force open their windows if you're close to them, without having to interact with the vendor to do so.
    - Hostile Takeover mission is still bugged and suffers from numerous graphical glitches.
    - The Emergency spawn location outside of Mine 98 is still bugged, and will render the event invisible as you get close to it, then respawn it as you move away.
    - The two Golden Gate area extraction beacons overwrite each other, spamming the chat window endlessly when you're in that area.
    - Loot boosts still skew the loot table towards white grenades and shields when active.

That's just a handful that still exist, nearly 4 months after release, some of which were allegedly corrected at least once already. Sadly, some outfits have always had issues with clipping, etc.., and are very likely far down the list of priorities to be fixed at the moment.

There you go friend.
    XBOX NA

GT: OHIMGONGETCHA

If your fried picked darker skin he/she will definitely have some problems with the armors.

I bought the EMC loyalist outfit, whenever I wear it vendors and enemies from missions turn invisible. I didn't notice until my shield kept draining and I was catching on fire from the random patches of it that were breaking out on the ground. Changed outfits and there are raiders everywhere.

I submitted a bug ticket for it. I'll check it in a few days and see if it works. Sucks too because I like the outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono499 View Post
    My friend recently informed me that he has purchased multiple outfits from your staore, ranging from $5-$20 (that's right, ONE outfit, costing a third of the game price)

and, he tells me it doesent even work right? Arms are different color then other skin....holes in the back of his neck, and all kinds of texture errors..

You were right, he's wrong. There is not -- and to my knowledge never has been -- any single outfit that cost $20 in the Defiance Store.

The most expensive outfits I've ever seen are 880 bits. That's about $11 if you bought bits at the worst possible rate, about $8.50 if you bought them at the best "normal" rate, and $4 and change, if you bought your bits at the best rate during the bonus period.

The most expensive headgear items are half the amounts above, 440 bits. So even if someone wants to claim that an "outfit" isn't an outfit -- that it's an outfit+headgear -- there still isn't a combo that will hit what your "little birdie" claimed. You were right not to believe him.

Must be the same bug that happens with the 'Rynn fugitive' outfit. darker skin characters will have lighter skin bodies when wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krauser View Post
    I bought the EMC loyalist outfit, whenever I wear it vendors and enemies from missions turn invisible. I didn't notice until my shield kept draining and I was catching on fire from the random patches of it that were breaking out on the ground. Changed outfits and there are raiders everywhere.

I submitted a bug ticket for it. I'll check it in a few days and see if it works. Sucks too because I like the outfit.
    I have the emc loyalist outfit on ps3 na and haven't had any problems with it.