+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Get on the Show Contest Results

Anyone know where to check the results for this? I hit every major like a mad woman for a month now, I'm curious to see how I faired.

No idea, from my understanding, they haven't released any details about any of the contests.

Chances are, unless you were on 24/7, sharing an account to have someone play on your downtime and had clan members/friends jumping phases, you aren't going to come close to getting on the show. This is why CORE decided to not expend any effort on something like this, while we had the manpower, it wasn't really worth it. Plus it comes down to a popularity contest on facebook where someone at Trion makes the final choice instead of basing it on merit or a real accomplishment.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,xxx - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO & Firefall

Still waiting on Trion to roll out a real and fair contest. Then I will actually care about a winner.
    The Phoenix Guard

Looking for: EMC Service Rifle,

List of Great Guides

Quote Originally Posted by TeamLexana View Post
    Anyone know where to check the results for this? I hit every major like a mad woman for a month now, I'm curious to see how I faired.
    You have underestimated the competition dear Miss. And certainly underestimated the power of the Dark Side.

This might sound sketchy but take it for what you will. There is no woman on Earth, past, present, or future that will be able to waste their life away on something tedious then a man ever could. There is no doubt in my mind that some dude played Defiance like Rocky Balboa training for a fight. Scheduled sleep and minimum time to eat and defecate with some sort of algorithm of when Majors land. All day, everyday, around the clock for the whole month.

I know this...

because.....

the person I just described.....

is me......

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post

This might sound sketchy but take it for what you will. There is no woman on Earth, past, present, or future that will be able to waste their life away on something tedious then a man ever could.
    Except taking care of a man who does such... at least until they wise up... which they probably will. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    snipped
    You could predict the answer up the 'me' but the pic!!
    hahahahaha!!

Even if you were to win, who is to say you will be in the show. The last winner had a picture thrown in and was only shown in a full second in the first minute of the last episode. (I think it was the last one??) This time around who knows what they will do with the winner.
    http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6099394&dateline=1366  511466
    Processor:AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.30GHz Motherboard:AsusTeK M4N98TD EVO Memory:Corsair DDR3 16GB (4X4GB sticks) Graphics:2X NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 2GB in SLI mode OS:Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1

I'm kind of pissed it's US only. It's stupid when they have so many European users, not to mention Canadians playing and I'm sure many from Mexico and South America as well. Even stupider when you consider if all the cast of the show had a character they played, only Julie Benz would be eligible to have it appear in the show. Grant Bowler is Australian, Tony Curran is Scottish, Steph Leonidas and Jaime Murray are British while Dewshane Williams, Trenna Keating, Graham Greene, Mia Kirshner, Nicole Munoz and Jesse Rath are all Canadian.

So good job with that contest Syfy/Trion. Good thinking! All but one of the cast aren't American, but you have to be American to get your character in the show.

The reward might be good but in real life everyone's gonna scratch heads. It's either you get the title mr. Couchpotato or mr. Get a Life IMO.