+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    okay they got back to me with this:

Hello Ark Hunter,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashing issues while playing Defiance. Please try disabling your Media Server connection and redownloading the Defiance files. You can do so by following the steps below:

1. Press the PSN button in the center of your controller to access the main PSN menu.
    2. On the PSN main menu, go to ‘Settings.’
    3. Scroll down to the bottom and select “Network Settings” (select by pressing X).
    4. Select ‘Media Server Connection’ and press the X button.
    5. Select ‘Disable’ and press the X button.

Next, I’d like you to delete the Game Data Utility information for Defiance:

To remove a game data file from the PlayStation 3:

1. In the PSN main menu, go to Game.
    2. Scroll down to Game Data Utility.
    Important: Make sure you select Game Data Utility. Do NOT select Saved Data Utility.
    3. Highlight the game data utility file for Defiance.
    4. Press the Triangle button and select Delete.
    5. Highlight ‘Yes’ and press the Triangle button to confirm the deletion.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is ****************.

Sincerely,

Senior GM Regnall
    Trion Worlds Inc.

i claim BS, how in the heck will this fix it? i'll try it when im out monday due to needing to download everything AGAIN (about the third BEEBING time now) but i doubt it'll do it.

i'll get back you guys when i've done it.

Quote Originally Posted by azzwozere View Post
    okay they got back to me with this:

Hello Ark Hunter,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashing issues while playing Defiance. Please try disabling your Media Server connection and redownloading the Defiance files. You can do so by following the steps below:

1. Press the PSN button in the center of your controller to access the main PSN menu.
    3. Scroll down to the bottom and select “Network Settings” (select by pressing X).

Next, I’d like you to delete the Game Data Utility information for Defiance:

To remove a game data file from the PlayStation 3:

1. In the PSN main menu, go to Game.
    2. Scroll down to Game Data Utility.
    Important: Make sure you select Game Data Utility. Do NOT select Saved Data Utility.
    3. Highlight the game data utility file for Defiance.
    4. Press the Triangle button and select Delete.
    5. Highlight ‘Yes’ and press the Triangle button to confirm the deletion.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is ****************.

Sincerely,

Senior GM Regnall
    Trion Worlds Inc.

i claim BS, how in the heck will this fix it? i'll try it when im out monday due to needing to download everything AGAIN (about the third BEEBING time now) but i doubt it'll do it.

i'll get back you guys when i've done it.
    Have a feeling you are wasting your time unfortunately. At this point I'm not sure that Trion can even fix it really.

Of course what do you expect them to say. "Sorry, we just couldn't code the game right so it wouldn't hard freeze, but please keep playing our game anyway?"

I just hope that the next generation of Consoles can run MMOs like this much smoother. I heard DCUO also had the hard freezes like Defiance has but I never played it myself.
    PSN ID (NA) - maverick--07--
    Characters - Odessia Tonra, Cynthia Vera, Dahlia Vasir

Defiance Data

I have experience the lockups, freezing, crashes etc. EVERYDAY and I play the game EVERYDAY, these issues have been a EVERYDAY occurance ever since this game was launched, and TRION can fool theirselves about these issues by denying them but the end result will be that people will eventual get fed up and stop playing defiance, which is sad because defiance is a game that attracts a lot of people, like a community but lately most of the people I was playing with don't play anymore, some even ask me why do I waste my time playing defiance? I tell them I would like to hope TRION will fix all the problems because it is a game I enjoy playing when it doesn't crash. TRION IS FULLY AWARE OF THESE PROBLEMS, I believe TRION just doesn't know how to fix it, and that is VERY UNFORTUNATE and DISAPPOINTING for such a good game. I will try to hang in a little longer, but my patience is wearing thin, OH by the way I do tickets all the time, with not much results, like the INFINITE LOOP ISSUE TRION couldn't figure out and GAME STOP DID!!!

I do, and so does everyone else. Multiple times a day, everyday.

Im on xbox... I get about 3-4 hard locks a day sometimes more and i have to pull the power cord out almost everytime. I diddnt know it could mess up my system. I just hope it doesnt get any worse then it already is.

There are some things you can try and do. Back when I up on 360 I installed Defiance onto my system then I played the game and back then that made my 360 run somewhat smoother.

I now on Sony and I had to call Sony live support for help and they had me delete the game folder and turn off system. Hold down button for 3 beeps it still off. Hold again for 4 beeps let go now turn on and reinstall the game onto my system and back when I did this on my ps3 was back when I crashing like 7-15 times a day and hard freezes and ahh icky it was.

There are some things you can TRY to do and MAY help you out some

like I about to call Sony in my like 5 phone calls with them they never told me or had me do this

I now going to try this as well

so f'n frustrated

Ok, I've been playing since prelaunch beta, and these days the server stability is the worst I've seen it since launch week, even with the dramatically reducd population.

2 events, that's it, if I try anymore without resetting (all the way back to the Psn menu) the game will crash, and suffers from hard lag issues.

Nothing like fighting through an event only to dc in the middle, I can log-in in time to get back into the event, but wait.... It's now in a different phase, and I don't have enough friends still playing defiance to phase jump to find and complete the event.

I'm so frustrated, I'm about done.

Phase jumping: using "go to friend" to join the phase they're in.
    Event = Co-ops, pvp, shadow war, major arkfalls, and siege.

I'll give them credit for fixing a ton of bugs some good adjustments, and some new content, but its all moot if you can't stay in game long enough to play it.
    NA-PSN: MAIXX74
    Main Character:
    Mad Kain "Pale Wars Ronin" created- launch day

A developer is only as good as the last thing they released.
    -Rift- was why i was willing to spend $160 pre-ordering the ultimate edition of Defiance a couple weeks before launch.
    -Defiance- is why i won't buy another Trion title at full price if at all.

I get say 3-4 das boots in 4-8 hour gameplay so I would say things are somewhat getting better. I not had system freeze wow only 2 days ago dang I play this game too much ha seems longer

Here is another report for you. Hard freezes almost every time I play. I'll report back tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread