+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

sutro tower farmers

ok. i went there once during the bonus loot weekend --- but the person i went with was already there and already had it set up.

i tried going by myself and got my rump kicked.

is there anyone here that does this a lot that wouldnt mind adding me ?

I don't do it as often as I prolly should but Im down for it. What region are you? NA or EU

na .........................................

What's so difficult about setting it up? Disable the turrets. Turn off that machine on the roof. Farm. You don't even need to reactivate any turrets. Just make sure other troops don't come around the corner.
    List of Trusted & Reasonably Priced Sellers (NA)
    Raging Ramen
    DEATHBR1NGER 37
    cat_aclysm's mods
    Switch

☠ Shady Auctioneers ☠
    skyy vector aka xXLORD RIPPERXx

Quote Originally Posted by XBox Customer Support
    I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the issue with the Defiance Season Pass (and game) may have caused you, but I'm more than happy to help you resolve this issue. I have already refunded the 3,200 Microsoft Points back to your account.

True it's not hard if you have the right gear, along with the right ego perks and knowledge of how to get around without beating your face. BUT he never said if he was high or low ego or if he has good gear or not. So he might just be looking for someone to help out since 2 people does technically make it a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mors Falce View Post
    True it's not hard if you have the right gear, along with the right ego perks and knowledge of how to get around without beating your face. BUT he never said if he was high or low ego or if he has good gear or not. So he might just be looking for someone to help out since 2 people does technically make it a lot easier.
    I created a brand new character who's sole purpose was to farm that tower. I used the starter weapons... and got what I needed as I farmed and levelled up.

The only help I needed was someone to let me "go to friend" while they were in San Francisco so I could activate the fast travel stations.
    Raging Ramen
    DEATHBR1NGER 37
    cat_aclysm's mods
    Switch

☠ Shady Auctioneers ☠

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the issue with the Defiance Season Pass (and game) may have caused you, but I'm more than happy to help you resolve this issue. I have already refunded the 3,200 Microsoft Points back to your account.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxSterling View Post
    I created a brand new character who's sole purpose was to farm that tower. I used the starter weapons... and got what I needed as I farmed and levelled up.

The only help I needed was someone to let me "go to friend" while they were in San Francisco so I could activate the fast travel stations.
    that's because youre obviously the greatest defiance player that ever lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Mors Falce View Post
    i dont know what the right gear is --- my ego is 1600. i know, at at least i think i know, that you have to disable the turrets, and then hack something, and then enable two turrets, and then wait at one of the two spawn points. i have only been there a couple of times, and each time i have tried to go by myself i get owned by the 18,000 dark matter forces there.

so without the second person that knows what they are doing and how to do it properly, i end up getting killed and extracted back to the overpass. its a pain to keep driving there over and over and then just get killed when i get there.

i suppose i could hang back and snipe all of them, but i figure it would be easier to find a couple of like-minded individuals to do it with.

Quote Originally Posted by xilfxlegion View Post
    that's because youre obviously the greatest defiance player that ever lived.
    No. I never stated that. If you never try to do it yourself, you'll never understand how the AI reacts or how to easily set it up. There tons of videos out there, but Combo Breaker has a great video on how to set it up starting at 3:40.

I do things a little differently than Combo. I drive right up to the stairs of the first generator. Usually have to kill one guy, disable the generator and sprint back down the stairs and deploy your vehicle right away because there's a sniper there that will most likely hit you. Hop in and immediately head for the building where the other two generators are. Combo immediately heads for the 2nd generator. I usually go on the roof and clear out the area before disabling the next generator. You have an ammo box up there, so you can take your sweet time... clear the area, then disable the 2nd generator... head up on the roof again, clear the area, disable the 3rd generator. At 5:05 he goes up one set of stairs right next to the firewall you're supposed to disable, I usually go up the other set of stairs so I'm near some cover and the ammo box. There's 1 monitor, 1 sniper, and 2 enforcers that you need to clear out, then disable the firewall. Clear the area, then start farming. Reactivating the turrets only serves as a distraction. The AI will head towards them, once they destroy them... they head to another turret and so on. If there is no turret, then there are a few preset paths that they follow. Once you learn them, then you can farm any weapon type there.

As for right gear... I had a crappy white hurricane shield and white assault rifle/white shotgun. Farming there allowed me to upgrade to a respark shield and some green weapons.

Before you start it all, look where Combo starts from. There is an extraction location there with an ammo box. You need to physically go there to make that your new extraction point. It will keep you from having to go back to Overpass.
    Raging Ramen
    DEATHBR1NGER 37
    cat_aclysm's mods
    Switch

☠ Shady Auctioneers ☠

I will send you a friend request OP or add me.
    GamerTag: Da Whitetiger
    IGN: The Whitetiger
    Xbox 360 NA Server
    OORAH MARINES!! eer... Ark Hunters!!