+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why n stores April 2nd?

Just out of curiosity why would Trion not allow buisnesses to put the game on shelves a couple days early so people could download the content? There is no offline content so it couldn't hurt due to the fact noone can play and seems people are getting it n the mail. I don't mind waiting have to work anyhow, but I was just curious of why this would be. Any thought?

I'm not entirely sure how to answer this.. I'll Try my best!

We can pre-order it online and at many large chains like Gamestop.

After launch it goes on Shelves as a "pick up and buy" title instead of specially ordering it. Digital retailers offer it after launch as an instant download.

Many people who have their copy (mostly digital purchases) have the ability to pre-load the game.

Because April the 2nd is the official release date? Doesn't matter if some people have got it early due to retailers sending them out early, just to make sure everyone gets it on time. The release date is still April the 2nd. >.>
    In-game character name: ''Kurono Miyuki'', The red-ish Irathient.

It's funny that they can ship it and have it arrive early, but that same retailer isn't allowed to let you pick up a pre-order in the store before the 2nd.

I used to work in a PC store in Sweden. Under Swedish law, the store would be fined ~ 10k SEK (PER COPY!) if we sold something prior to it's street date. That's over $1,000 USD. If the Publisher want's it to be sold prior to April 2, they would have picked an earlier street date. Apparently some stores in the US are less concerned about playing by the rules.
    Mac - VBI Operative Proud Member of the Friends of Trick Dempsey Association

The few, the proud, the DEFIANT!

Quote Originally Posted by MacDeath View Post
    I used to work in a PC store in Sweden. Under Swedish law, the store would be fined ~ 10k SEK (PER COPY!) if we sold something prior to it's street date. That's over $1,000 USD. If the Publisher want's it to be sold prior to April 2, they would have picked an earlier street date. Apparently some stores in the US are less concerned about playing by the rules.
    Well damn that's a good reason not to sell. Thanks for the actual facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin0101 View Post
    Just out of curiosity why would Trion not allow buisnesses to put the game on shelves a couple days early so people could download the content? There is no offline content so it couldn't hurt due to the fact noone can play and seems people are getting it n the mail. I don't mind waiting have to work anyhow, but I was just curious of why this would be. Any thought?
    whats the point in pre ordering in the first place then. when you went in to pre order you already agreed to waiting till the 2nd. that is also why noone buys physical copies unless its the ue. otherwise you just digital download

O.o cough cough I preordered SD version do to a lack of funds. I didn't mind waiting till the 2nd for release. Hell when Blackops @ release i was outside of gamestop in the cold proudly wait to get my hands on it got a free poster and free food while I waited. Will gladly do it again for this game. I say we all go to Gamestop and Tailgate before the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Arinzal View Post
    I say we all go to Gamestop and Tailgate before the release.
    LOL I should totally do that. The local Gamestop is right behind my apartment. I should drag my grill around the corner, grab, er, borrow a lawn chair from a neighbor, and set up shop on the sidewalk.

Buy a couple cases of water, some brats and buns, and pay for my UE from the proceeds.